The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I think what bugs me the most about the videos is the concern I have about the future of her horses. If they start to "perform", (read- rear and bolt), off cue, or, heaven forbid, she gets really, really hurt, will she send them down the road? And will some unsuspecting person acquire a horse with such talented tricks? And will I see them on CL or read threads about them on COTH?

2 members found this post helpful.

A UK version of CL, quite possibly. I think I saw on one of the clips that she is in Wales.

When I fall off my horses tend to stand there looking down at me like: Really? That's all it takes to dump you? They are usually much more careful with me after that. It's a pride thing for them.

That kick was intentional and she's deluding herself.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cindyg View Post
    After the falls she's had, I don't know how she has the nerve to get back on a horse!
    She looks like she has never had an ounce of adult supervision in her entire riding 'career' and therefore (amongst other things) also has not had someone help her develop any sense of self preservation.

1 members found this post helpful.

Horses keep an internal scorecard. She should have that tattooed on her forehead but the scar pretty much says that without the ink.

The parents should have taken the horses away long ago and given her a dirt bike for all the empathy she has.

The poster that said she will only stop when she is the one dying not the horse pretty much nailed it.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

Oy. If you get dumped that often, it's time to reconsider your plan of action.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I think that horse knew exactly what he was kicking at. She wasn't out of his sight line.
    Bingo.
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Horsie made sure he lined up that shot and he got in a good lick. Totally deliberate. The fact that she can't see that, along with those other scary "riding" vids, speaks volumes about her lack of horsemanship. I guess the anonymous comments calling her "amazing" mean more than those from actual horse people.
    If I had treated my ponies like that, I would not have had them for long - and I was a crazy kid who went to the barn on the weekends where I had little adult supervision.

In 30 years I have never been kicked except by an exuberant foal who wanted to play with me. When I fell off, my horses would just stand and stare at me like, "Y U down there?" I did get stunned once and my mare started snurffling my face.
    You are what you dare.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    Oy. If you get dumped that often, it's time to reconsider your plan of action.
    I was thinking the exact same thing. In my teenage years (up to the present day, come to think of it), IF I'd had someone videoing me every single day for years and years, they probably would have had enough footage that resembled hers for about 3 minutes worth of video. I'm guessing most people with self-preservation and respect for the horse would say the same.
    The best is yet to come

I think it's too bad that she does have that attitude - on some of the videos, she looks to me like she could have a pretty good seat with more training and the little bay horse is a cute jumper when she doesn't try to kill him with a bad distance. Sigh...

And in case anyone was wondering, she replied to my comment about professionalism with a "Get over it."

As a stupid teenager I used to fall off regularly . . . erm usually because I liked to ride all over 200 + acres without the benefit of tack most of the time. Not once did horse/pony try to kick me. Usually, it was "are you on the ground AGAIN? Will you get back on so we can keep moseying around the countryside?"
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

Aparrantly she posted that she has only been riding for four years (according to Snarkyrider ) and Rosies video here has more problems than a good rider would accumulate in years.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjhDsn89Q4

Buck Brannaman put it "Your horse is a mirror to your soul.... Sometimes you might not like what you see"
    From the pissed off horses Rosie rides she has deep deep issues.
    The Denver Broncos went to visit an orphanage. "It's so sad looking into their faces so devoid of hope." Sara aged 6

That horse totally nailed her on purpose. He looked back before he kicked to see where she was! I'm sure it was well deserved, but that's a very dangerous behavior.

I was a backyard pony kid myself and my pony put up with countless idiotic things I did with her, but she never held it against me or became aggressive. If she was done with me she would buck me off and leave. I wouldn't trade that experience for the best trained and fanciest pony in the world!

Of course I was never doing things as moronic as this girl! She clearly has a death wish.