The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default KWPN stallion Kennedy (Ferro son) dead.

Today I found out from a breeder in Sweden (thank you google translate!) that the KWPN stallion Kennedy (Ferro's first approved son) is dead and has been for several years. Died due to complications from abdominal surgery. Our Thera Utopia and Grenade are both by Kennedy. It made me sad to think that even though he was hugely popular at one time, as new stallions filled his place, he was sent to Sweden where he died and no one seems to know or care....no announcement on KWPN website, no tribute, just gone.
    I've had a very similar experience with the KWPN stallion Riverman... Our Eximius and Fortuna are by him. Came to American soil briefly, sold back to the NL, where he disappeared. No announcement, no follow up.
    Maybe I'm weird, but I like to have more than just semen on the stallions I use. I want too know where they are, what they are doing, hear about their offspring, when they retired and finally when and how they died.
    I am trying to get this Swedish breeder to at least get a Kennedy video on youtube so he isn't forgotten and people can see who's in their horses pedigrees.

Here's a link to where he was last stood.
    http://www.stuterilindevik.com/default.asp?page=kennedy

RIP Kennedy!

Sorry to hear that he has passed on, and I understand how you feel. We too like to keep track... i guess it's just a matter of how we all view things differently. The final owner of a horse may have no idea of the trail left behind...