The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    She was listed on CANTER as a yearling coming two in December. I asked them if she was two or three after looking up her name and they said she would be three April 25th. So it could be a mix up... Or a full sister. Whoever listed her could have gotten it confused or perhaps a barn worker held her and gave the info?
    I'd be highly suspicious that you're looking at a full sibling. (Hopefully a full sibling, given that you like the pedigree so much!) Really, a look in the mouth should tell you if she's coming three or barely two.

Laurierace, we've listed a yearling here in Colorado, as a courtesy to his owner who had other, older horse listed as well. There was some reason he wasn't going to make a racehorse, although I don't quite recall the story.

Okay I talked to the JC. That is a full sister, this mare is a 2011 filly registered but not named. Her markings match he is pretty certain it is her. Her papers were sent to Del Park on behalf of the breeder, so I need to speak to that woman if the breeder does not have them. But at least I don't need to pay $800 dollars and she is the same bloodlines I liked. So a win?

I will keep everyone posted... Glad I verified but not sure how to approach this with the breeder.

Glad you were ale to get it straightened out!

Quote Originally Posted by magicteetango View Post
    But at least I don't need to pay $800 dollars and she is the same bloodlines I liked. So a win?
    I'd say so!

You're looking at $100 to name her, $175 to get duplicate papers (if you can't turn up the originals.) Better than $800!

It seems weird to me that they can't tell the difference between one horse and another and can't remember registering her but whatever. Sounds like she needs a mental upgrade if nothing else.

Um yes Laurie... I don't get it either. I hope when I get there there will be 50 or so chestnut or gray foals by this sire? Jk but... Seriously? A little crazy.
    Last edited by magicteetango; Apr. 17, 2013 at 03:27 PM.