The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default For George Morris Fans in NC/SC

I just saw on Facebook that the Farm House Tack Shop in Landrum, South Carolina is having a contest. If you buy ANY product by Ariat by June 1st, you are entered to win two riding lessons and two auditing slots in the George Morris clinic at FENCE in Tryon, North Carolina on June 10th and 11th.

I have no affiliation with them, I just saw it and thought people might like to know. I'm tempted to buy a pair of Ariat shoelaces just to enter the drawing, even though the logistics would be complicated if I happened to win.

Contest details:
    http://www.facebook.com/farmhouse.ta...528017440218:0

Clinic details:
    http://www.fence.org/calendar/george...-jumper-clinic

2 members found this post helpful.

"I never have been afraid of winning a drawing before . I'm not sure I could survive a single lesson with George Morris."

^ Quoted from their FB page....and I COMPLETELY agree.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Finzean View Post
    "I never have been afraid of winning a drawing before . I'm not sure I could survive a single lesson with George Morris."

^ Quoted from their FB page....and I COMPLETELY agree.
    Yes, that's part of the reason I haven't bought the shoelaces yet. Plus the drawing is only ten days before the clinic, so there wouldn't be much time to psych yourself up!

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

I may be tempted to go and watch this if there's auditing available, but I am in no way prepared to ride in front of George Morris! What a great opportunity for someone though!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

ERMAGERD!!!!!!! (and thanks for posting! )
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

I'll definitely be there auditing! He's also judging some eq classes at the TR&HC show June 8-10.
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio

2 members found this post helpful.

OMG I wish I lived out there! I'd probably pee myself out of fear, but I'd love to ride with George even for just 10 minutes...

Does anyone have info on the clinic itself? Who to contact for auditing information? I do believe I'll make my way on over for that one- COTH meetup, perhaps???
    "Life is too short to be a slave to the whims of others." -- RugBug, COTH

I have been meaning to go to farm house... now I really want to go

Quote Originally Posted by janedoe726 View Post
    Does anyone have info on the clinic itself? Who to contact for auditing information? I do believe I'll make my way on over for that one- COTH meetup, perhaps???
    From my original post. The contact info is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    I'm still toying with the idea of buying something just to enter the contest.

Default Lets see...

If I entered and won, I would have a 400 mile trip and a relatively green OTTB Stallion to take...

Sounds like fun....
    " iCOTH " window/bumper stickers.
    http://bluemoongrafixva.webs.com

Default Just to Clarify...

It's true. Buy ANY Ariat product (yes, even shoelaces) and you will be entered to win. You have to come in or call the store to do it (so you can fill out - or we can fill out for you - an entry blank). And you get an entry for EACH Ariat product, so if you want 10 chances to win, you could outfit yourself head-to-toe in 10 Ariat products (or however many).

Grand Prize is a lesson each day in the clinic for one rider/horse combination.
    2nd Prize is two days of auditing for one person.
    3rd Prize is two days of auditing for one person.

You can't convert your prize to cash, but if you win and can't attend, you may give your spot away. You may also donate it to F.E.N.C.E., who will then sell it to another rider and give you credit for a tax deductible donation.
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Update.

After hemming and hawing a bit, I did make a tiny Ariat purchase just to enter the drawing. If by some slim chance I happen to win, I will no doubt be back on here to make the traditional post that says, "OMG, I'm in a panic about the upcoming GM Clinic!"

Huge props to The Farm House and Ariat for putting on the contest, and many thanks to Lorna, who was very helpful and a very good sport when I called to place my order.

I observed on a recent GM clinic thread that GM has the uncanny ability to improve the riding of people before he even sees them, since many people really step up their game in advance to prepare for his clinics. Now I will have to take that one step further and prep for the *drawing* for the chance to do the GM clinic.

1 members found this post helpful.

Does anyone know if they are selling auditor tickets in advance? I emailed the coordinator today because I couldn't find anything other than the rider sign up info online.

Yes, you can call the coordinator and buy auditor tickets in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

Thanks! I will wait for her response then.
    Me: In a long-winded explanation of who GM is and why he is Important to the Sport
    Mr EmJ: So what you're saying is GM is so Important he could get Chik-Fil-A on Sunday?

Oh man-I wish it was scheduled for a weekend! I would LOVE to audit-talk about a learning experience! Stupid job. No way I would ever be brave enough to ride with him
    the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique