The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

If you can find one, try a Barnsby Diablo. Super duper forward flap, fit my legs perfectly but unfortunately not my horse. Ended up getting a Black Country Ricochet with a custom flap... I'm still wondering if I could have gone even more forward, but I guess we'll see once I put my stirrups up another hole for Prelim : https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...26117201_n.jpg
    -my life-
    Translation
    fri [fri:] fritt fria (adj): Free
    skritt [skrit:] skritten (noun): Walk

Thanks for the info everyone!

even better is a Barnsby ORIGINAL Milton.
    But good luck finding one.
    I've been on the look out for years. If I were to find one in a 17.5 medium or wide I would just buy it...just because.
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    I've been on the look out for years. If I were to find one in a 17.5 medium or wide I would just buy it...just because.
    The Paddock had a 16.5 med a couple years ago, there were a good number still floating around Canadian tack shops at the time
    (most went on to half MSRP)

Quote Originally Posted by Karosel View Post
    Thanks Purp,
    Thanks for the info about the Albion kontact at equestrian imports. Since I'm across the border in Canada I'm not sure if she would allow a trial period since Ann may be hit up with duty fees returning it. That price, seat and tree size are certainly appealing though.... (if anyone reading this snaps that saddle up before I have chance to act on it I'll be very disappointed no really I will be) It's definitely worth sending an email off about it.
    You might check with Albion UK to confirm the lack of Albion Jump in Canada (if the NS fitter has them, shipping should still run $50 - $75), if a saddle rep for a company is transporting saddles across the border, the GST is omitted, so you might see if there is someway around this with Albion ...

Heartland does still list the Barnsby Original Milton

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    I have a Barnsby Pegasus, which looks close to a Milton, perhaps a bit flatter seat on the pegasus. It's a 17" medium tree. Fairly minimal saddle. I've been riding in it. One saddle fitter I had out said it was too straight for his back, but I'm not convinced as he goes fine in the saddle and my horse does have a straighter back. He's gained weight since that saddle fitter saw him and there is even contact along the panels.

I'm looking for a saddle to replace the Barnsby pegasus I have, since I don't feel that secure in it, but that very well could be because I bought it new and it's barely broken in and slippery.

Quote Originally Posted by alto View Post
    You might check with Albion UK to confirm the lack of Albion Jump in Canada (if the NS fitter has them, shipping should still run $50 - $75), if a saddle rep for a company is transporting saddles across the border, the GST is omitted, so you might see if there is someway around this with Albion ...

Heartland does still list the Barnsby Original Milton

Yeah I'll give the Albion rep in Nova Scotia a call, it would be worth being able to try it on my horse and have several rides in it.