The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Day board in Middleburg?

Hi all! I'm looking for a place to board my horse for the day in the Middleburg/Marshall area and thought I'd ask around here. I'm starting a full-time job in Middleburg, but I currently live and keep my guy an hour away. I want to be able to continue lessons with my trainer who teaches in the area.

When I was an intern at COTH I would bring him up for the day and keep him at a friend's place, then pick him up after work and do a lesson. That place is no longer available, so I'm hoping to find a place where I could bring him once every other week or so. It would only be during weeks when I couldn't do a lesson on the weekend. It definitely makes for a long day, so every other week is about all I can handle! I'm willing to pay and pick his stall if needed.

Any ideas? PM me if you'd like.
    Lindsay

Check out my blog at http://lindsayberreth.com

Try FoxChase. Tiffany Catledge runs her business (www.allforitfarm.com) out of there and I think some hunter people in the back, but often empty stalls and you might be able to work something out with Tiffany or the owners. About as convenient to Middleburg as it gets.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
    Lindsay

Hi all,

I'm bumping this thread up because the wonderful place I'd been taking my horse to on occasion is no longer available.

Does anyone know of a good place to day board a well-mannered OTTB once, maybe twice a month during the week in Middleburg?
    Lindsay

Former Middleburgian here- try asking at the tack box and middleburg tack exchange. They are great resources & might have an idea for a "day-care" arrangement in M'burg or Aldie. Good luck!
    And the wise, Jack Daniels drinking, slow-truck-driving, veteran TB handler who took "no shit from no hoss Miss L, y'hear," said: "She aint wrapped too tight."