The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 20 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

In her sig ^^ (oop! never mind)

Add me to the list excited about this soap! Not an eventer, but I've got three grody driving harnesses to clean and am SUPER excited for anything that might cut the chore down a bit. Ordered one per harness!! : ) clever excuse just to try all the scents.

Rosemary mint is one of my favorite combinations btw, I plant the two together all over my gardens.
    Just because you’re afraid, doesn’t mean you’re in danger. Just because you feel alone, doesn’t mean nobody loves you. Just because you think you might fail, doesn’t mean you will.

2 members found this post helpful.

Woo hoo! We hit 101 likes on the FB page!!

I posted a poll there to have folks vote on the first limited edition scent -- go there and vote for your choice, and encourage other folks to like the page and vote (for *your* choice, natrually! ) and when we hit 150 likes, I'll choose a random person who voted in the poll to win free soap and to be one of the first testers of the leather balm!

This is just so much fun -- terrific before and after pictures going up this afternoon on the FB page too!

Thanks to you all!

Libby
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

3 members found this post helpful.

Bensmom,

Count me in for interest in the leather balm! You have completely converted me over to your soap. If the balm is even half as good as the soap, I will be completely converted over from my effax balm and a 100% higher standards user haha!

1 members found this post helpful.

Well, shoot, I tried to vote in your poll, Libby, but FB wouldn't let me (maybe because I have a business account, not a personal one?). I vote for anything that has vanilla as the top note, or just straight-up vanilla. I'm pretty much a vanilla junkie.

Any chance you'll do small sample sizes? I would love to include one with each browband/dog collar I sell once my business is up and running!

Frizzle -- I LOVE your browbands, and we can talk more when you are ready. I'm thinking the 4 oz for Christmas gift packs, and for things like you are suggesting. I want to get a couple of months under my belt before changing jar sizes.

At this point, I need a separate storage building to hold supplies, almost!

So. Much. Fun! I did use the first balm this afternoon, and I like it on the leather -- consistency wasn't quite what I was after, so I made another sample size using a different base. So, we'll see!

It took me 9 years to develop the soap. Hopefully the conditioner will go much faster!

Libby

If you did make the smaller jars they would make excellent gift sets! Or we could buy all of the scents in a 'sample pack' and then chose our favorites from there!

That is what I was thinking too -- Christmas sampler packs, maybe?

Working on new labels and big logo reveal tomorrow!!

Wheeeeeee!!!!!

Whoa, I've certainly missed a lot of pages! Leather balm? I'm definitely going to buy some soap, but I think I can get a few last uses out of the old Glycerin soap bar... So, until then!
    Tack Cleaning/All-Things-Tack nut
    ~DQ wanna-be~

I sent these thoughts to Bensmom when I first used the soap-- and I have found that my tack is getting softer and suppler every time I use it since!

"I cleaned some quite dirty tack this weekend with the soap and was very pleased with the results! First of all, it is just a pleasure to open the container and enjoy the light citrus-ginger essence. Then it is very satisfying to loosen and remove dried sweat and grime so easily! It lathers a little but the later is not too fluffy or out of control-- it is just enough to remove dirt. The tack looks great afterward and I can leave it just as it is or, if it is due for conditioning, I wipe some on. I plan to clean with the soap every day (in part so I can leave the barn with my hands smelling nice!)-- and condition periodically as needed. You have won a convert!"

thanks, cookiepony!! I'm really glad you are still pleased with it.

We will leave the contest open until midnight on the FB page -- we need more votes for the first special edition soap! We hit 150 likes earlier today but wanted to give a few more folks the chance to vote!

I would definitely be interested in some leather balm :-) still loving my soap!

between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Can I be a tester for the bit cleaner?

PS...I voted Confidence for the poll. I'll wait to see if that comes out before I order my soap, I'd love some of that and Rosemary-Mint.
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I want some damn it! Libby please let me be the first to know if you plan on shipping to the UK, I feel left out!
    No hugging dear. I'm British, we only show affection to dogs and horses.

Got an email yesterday that mine was shipping today. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post
    We hit 150 likes earlier today
    Oh, yeah? Well, I have EIGHT! So, HA!

In all seriousness, I'm VERY excited to try the balm. I've been extremely impressed with the soap, which even made my brand-new, already-been-cleaned-and-oiled stirrup leathers much softer after one cleaning (previously, they had been ridiculously stiff and rough, even after repeated uses of lederbalm).

Aw, boo, Confidence Blend won the poll. I guess I'll get citrus-ginger to keep at the barn, then.
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Impromptu -- if you like, we can do the same thing I did for Australia and Canada. I can do my best to "guesstimate" and when you order, and the shipping is less than guesstimated, I will refund the difference, and then based on that, set it for sale in the shop to the UK!

There are four containers of balm cooling on the counter -- it is more difficult to make than the soap but, I have LOVED how it worked on my saddle -- I just didn't like the texture, so I worked with that a little this afternoon, and so, we'll see what it is like when it sets!

Wheeeee!! Frizzle -- you need to share the name of your page on FB here, so people can go and find it! You do gorgeous work!!

So, sounds like the balm will be available soon? I'm anxious to try it (especially since you said it is vanilla bean scented because OMIGAH I am a full-on vanilla freak!).

I don't have a whole lot of browbands done yet, and my Etsy shop isn't open; but I will definitely be doing a browband giveaway on my blog eventually, so I will share that info here when I have that up. I don't want to post links on your thread because I totally don't want steal your thunder! Your soap is *fantastic* and you deserve the many kudos you've received.

And, thank you--that is very kind.

I liked the idea of vanilla mint too. I have soap with that scent, and it smells great.