The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1460

We did gift packs for Christmas last year and they were popular!

They will probably return!
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post
    We did gift packs for Christmas last year and they were popular!

They will probably return!
    Awesome!

A barn near me had a yard sale this past weekend, and all the leftovers were put out by the road for free. I stopped this morning and pretty much grabbed anything leather. I now have a ton of random bits and pieces of tack in need of some TLC. Can't wait to give it the HSLC treatment!
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post
    I love it!!

And, you have demonstrated over on H/J just recently how large your HSLC collection is!

So, we appreciate you sharing the addiction
    I am a high-end handbag aficionado and I recommend this often. It's one of the few soaps that will clean expensive lambskin bags without stripping color or leaving the bag sticky.

ACMEeventing is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Hey, Bensmom, I haven't looked back over all the pages but how is the development of 'people products' coming?

I mean, cough cough, if you need a tester again . . .
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

I could be persuaded to be a people product tester too. My previous source for a super good moisturizer might be going away. Sad.

And now, a question. Higher Standards for moldy/musty leather, y/n? I have a couple of pairs of leather shoes that have been in storage and somehow they got all musty but they are good quality so I want to try to save them.

Quote Originally Posted by kdow View Post

And now, a question. Higher Standards for moldy/musty leather, y/n? I have a couple of pairs of leather shoes that have been in storage and somehow they got all musty but they are good quality so I want to try to save them.
    I just used it on a pair that I had in storage. They look great, and they smell better!

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by IFG View Post
    I just used it on a pair that I had in storage. They look great, and they smell better!
    Now I am going to wait impatiently for holiday gift pack options because I cannot for the life of me decide which 'flavor' to try.

Hmm -- well, the holiday gift packs won't be available for a while, but look at it this way, whichever one you pick will smell wonderful! You can't go wrong!

(Yes, screamingly blatant self-promotion here! )

I've been terrible... My saddle has been kept in my car for about 3 months straight now...
    Between riding/working at 3 different barns, my saddle is always just kicking it in the backseat with me... Not exactly great for it, and it hasn't been cleaned at all in that time. It was very dusty from the arenas and feeling kinda dry.
    Brought it inside and went over it a couple times with my lavender vanilla soap... Now it's super clean, soft, and buttery! Plus, my whole basement smells sooo good now

YES you can use HSLC on moldy/dusty/half rotted leather LOL. I have stuff I'd forgotten about in a barn/shed for over 6 years. It was pretty bad. Everything is buttery soft and clean now, one cleaning/conditioning. I am prob one of Libby's biggest fans - her stuff is AWESOME. Period. Best. Stuff. Out. There.

I also will shamelessly push that the ATA is having a silent auction during the Convention and Libby has graciously donated a bucket with two conditioners and two soaps to the auction. I'll post the link (you can bid on line as well as in person) if someone would like to bid...
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

http://atassauction.com/silentauctio...ch_results.asp Here is the link to the Silent Auction site by the way (Higher Standards was one of the generous donors with some really really cool stuff )
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Who was looking for the Sugar & Spice scent?!!

It is up on the website now, for a limited time! The rest of the Holiday Specials will be arriving later this month

ACMEeventing is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Nothing says Holidays like candy cane scented tack!

I'm actually out of my balm, time to get more. This imposter crap I'm using does not compare.
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

I'm almost out of my last tub of vanilla mint and it makes me sad

Libby, I may be emailing you soon to see if I can do a large order end of December/early January for an awards banquet... will depend on what kind of turn out we have for yearly points.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?

"For the love of my horse, I know who I am."

We will be glad to work with you on awards! I like the vanilla mint too -- I think we need a reason to bring it back

I love the sugar & spice though. The factory (DH in my kitchen) is ramping up to make a lot of S&S today. I may just have to snag myself a jar of it!

I just bought my first jar of it the other week, in lavender vanilla. When it arrived at home, I decided to clean the dirtiest piece of leather I had immediate access to, just to see how it worked. So I pulled off the dog's collar, which has not been cleaned in the year and a half she's been wearing it. Not only did it shine up and soften up, it also no longer smells like dead fish. So bravo, HS! When I finally took it out to the barn, it also did a nice job with my tack, but that was not so appallingly filthy

If my COTH Secret Santa is prowling about.. I just bought the most gorgeous vintage Textan saddle with the most beautiful tooling and it is in some very serious need of some cleaning and conditioning...its three different colors and still squeaks! It needs some help before its first show. Vanilla Lavender would be great. I am dying to try this stuff out! Will buy some for my BO for X-mas too
    Chambermaid to....
    The Black Pearl (Lilly)
    Queen Anne's Revenge (Khione)
    My other hobby http://darkwingimages.instaproofs.com/store/

Just ordered Sugar & Spice!
    "However complicated and remarkable the rest of his life was going to be, it was here now, come to claim him."- JoAnn Mapson

I just ordered Sugar and Spice for 2 friends for Christmas gifts and a Rosemary Mint for myself.

Now I am admittedly not all that fond of cleaning tack, but this stuff is AMAZING! Yes, I actually wanted to clean tack.

Love this!!!