The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post
    Will it help if it is available for sale soon?!
    How soon is "soon"?
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    You know, I think a pair of cobalt blue round jars is very visually appealing. Different label, CONDITIONER written on the label, I don't care. Belvoir and (I believe) Devoucoux package their cleaner and conditioner in bottles that look very similar to each other but are differentiated by the words on the label. I think that is just fine and it has never presented a problem for me.
    Same thing goes for my shampoo and conditioner... the bottles are the same, I just have to make sure to read the label!
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Agreed. I'm not a vanilla fan, and especially don't like things that smell "sweet". I'm also not a cocoa butter fan (again, that sweet smell), but love all things bright and citrusy.

Libby - you know I ordered mine and can't wait to try it out, as I am now out of your competitor's soap! I happen to adore your competitor's soap so this will be a good comparison. I, btw, am an obsessive tack cleaner, and have always looked for a product that will clean but not strip the leather and leave it looking dry. I've used the Belvoir tack cleaner and it tends to leave the leather looking dry (but it cleans pretty darn well), so I have to go over the leather again with some Leather Therapy. If your soap does as well as its competition, but doesn't lather as much, I'm sold!
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Kim -- you should have yours tomorrow! I am particularly interested in seeing how it compares! I've never used theirs, but I have looked at it in the store and I know the two look pretty different.

And, "soon" should mean a couple of weeks? I need to make a decision on what sort of jar and see if the slightly softer formula I made this weekend holds up well. The previous batch was reportedly a little two stiff. Experimentation is the best teacher!

And, guys -- anyone who has volunteered at an event knows nobody *reads* instructions, signs or labels!
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Late to the debate, but I favor same shape jar, different colors. Easy to tell what you are grabbing for. Signed, also waiting eagerly for the conditioner .

As one who has liberally dumped conditioner on my hair and wondered why it wasn't sudsing, I second the comment that people DO NOT read, they just grab. But perhaps a blue label on top with print in white?

Quote Originally Posted by eventer_mi View Post
    . I, btw, am an obsessive tack cleaner, and have always looked for a product that will clean but not strip the leather and leave it looking dry. I've used the Belvoir tack cleaner and it tends to leave the leather looking dry (but it cleans pretty darn well), so I have to go over the leather again with some Leather Therapy. If your soap does as well as its competition, but doesn't lather as much, I'm sold!
    i love Belvoir tack cleaner and never found it to leave leather dry looking. Have you tried Effax Leder Combi instead. I alternate between the two. As much as I like Libby's soap I especially like the ease and convenience of the liquid products.

You can always put a strip of colored duct tape around the jar to differentiate between the two.
    VW sucks.

My shampoo bottle is black and my conditioner bottle is white and I STILL get confused at times... but may be that is just me. Oy.

The consistency is so different between the two, that you aren't going to make a mistake once you pull the lid off. I was really jazzed about the square containers, but bow to those who have tried them and not liked them.

Do they offer any color beside white for the lids?
    If you believe everything you read, better not read. -- Japanese Proverb

The dome lids come in only black and white. I could certainly do the blue jar with the black lids. Hmmmmmmm . . . . I wonder how that would look?

The straight/not domed lids have not proven to be sturdy enough.

I'm thinking that I need to do some more experimenting.

I think the blue with a black lid would be nice --- black & blue, how much more horsey can you get? LOL!

5 members found this post helpful.

Black and blue might work, since your labels are white with blue and black lettering. I guess a white jar with blue cap is not available? White with white and blue lettering? Such decisions. . I am anxious to try the conditioner.

1 members found this post helpful.

I wish that white jar/blue lid was available!!

I am willing to open up conditioner to COTH'ers for sale next week, if y'all are ok with it not being in the final jars, with the proper labels?

I need to do something with the square ones, after all -- is it possible to have an "outlet sale" of it when it isn't even available for general sale yet?

What do y'all think?

Libby

Received mine in the mail earlier in the week. It's the lavender/vanilla and smells fabulous.

I had bought it for the new saddle I was getting ready to buy for my gelding, but I just had to retire him.

But not to be a downer- I can't wait to use it and loved that you included the candies.

Oooh, that leads me to *another* question -- I like including a "goody" of some kind in the package. The candy is fun, and my thought was that people or ponies might enjoy those!

But, someone suggested homemade pony treats and I've been experimenting with recipes for those. What would you think about getting a sample two or three pony cookies in the package instead of the candy?

Hmmm -- Decisions, decisions!

Thanks!

Libby

I would be fine with buying the conditioner in the square jar without labels, just so you can get rid of them. It can't be that hard getting the remaining product out of the corners, I'm sure we can manage. I didn't even realize there was candy in the package until I went to throw out the envelope the next day and while its a nice idea, (and so are horse cookies), you might find as your business expands that life will be easier if you just concentrate on your cleaner and conditioner.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Sign me up for conditioner whenever it becomes available no matter what shape it's in.
    Last edited by Renn/aissance; Jun. 14, 2013 at 02:03 PM.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I'll buy square jar conditioner. I'm not picky.
    VW sucks.

Ooh, I will buy the square jar conditioner!

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post
    Oooh, that leads me to *another* question -- I like including a "goody" of some kind in the package. The candy is fun, and my thought was that people or ponies might enjoy those!

But, someone suggested homemade pony treats and I've been experimenting with recipes for those. What would you think about getting a sample two or three pony cookies in the package instead of the candy?

Hmmm -- Decisions, decisions!

Thanks!

Libby
    I think it's a fabulous idea!