The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 72 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TBPONY View Post
    I also have the nose of a bloodhound and hate almost every scent available for every product horsey or otherwise. So please do reply once you've used your citrus bar! I'm interested to hear how it works and if it's offensive to your sensitive sniffer
    Not the LEAST BIT offensive!! Barely there. Really!
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

I just got mine! Can't wait to try it this weekend.

Bensmom, if you have any questions about making "human soap" , I've been making it for 12 years and have done some online tutorials. I'd be happy to help you out, just let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by foxhavenfarm View Post
    I ordered some just now. Can't wait to get it!
    Me too!
    Sarah K. Andrew | Twitter | Blog | Horses & Hope calendar | Flickr | Website

Just placed my order and I am very anxious to try

ACMEeventing is offline Grand Prix Premium Member
    Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    Bensmom, if you have any questions about making "human soap" , I've been making it for 12 years and have done some online tutorials. I'd be happy to help you out, just let me know!
    Still raising hand to be human-soap tester
    "Drawing on my fine command of the English language, I said nothing" - Robert Benchley
    Cotton would fight.
    http://buildingthegrove.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ACMEeventing View Post
    Still raising hand to be human-soap tester
    I'll be a human soap tester as well!!

Grabbed an older Edgewood bridle that was in sore need of some attention today to put on my new horse for a lesson. Realized how awful and grungy it looked and took about 3 minutes for a quick wipe down and that was all it took to pass muster. Now, I didn't spend enough time to actually *clean* the thing, but it sure looked like it!

Got mine today and actually noticed how nice subk's bridle looked in her lesson today, too! I thought "she must have bought a new bridle for her new pony!"

Can't wait to test drive mine!

3 members found this post helpful.

Aw, guys, I've had a REALLY tough week so far, and your comments made me feel so much better! I love the photos on the labels, but I've learned that mass produced the photos won't do well

I am using some more generic ones for this next batch, because trying to recreate those labels in another program, to be set for another type of label wasn't working.

So, frustrating that I know only enough to know *what* I want, but not enough to pull it off.

I have counted, and I have only 8 testers left, so I'll send those out to the first 8 that asked.

Hundredacres -- YES! I want human soap help! Y'all have so much confidence in me, but my first two batches of human soap were, well, only those a mother could love! As soon as all these orders are filled, I'm going to try again.

Thank you all so very much!!

libby
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Quote Originally Posted by eponacowgirl View Post
    Got mine today and actually noticed how nice subk's bridle looked in her lesson today, too! I thought "she must have bought a new bridle for her new pony!"
    Hilarious! That bridle you thought was new is pushing 20 years old. Before I did the quick wipe down with Libby's magic dippity do it looked every bit of it's age. Can't wait to see what it'll look like once I actually clean it!

By the way I had the rosemary--I don't even like smelly stuff and I wanted it to scent my whole tack room! Rosemary and Leather. Who would have thought? Totally loved it.

Off Topic but EC wasn't the new pony cute today!!! I haven't stopped smiling all afternoon...

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bensmom View Post
    Hundredacres -- YES! I want human soap help! Y'all have so much confidence in me, but my first two batches of human soap were, well, only those a mother could love! As soon as all these orders are filled, I'm going to try again.

Thank you all so very much!!

libby
    Just message me when you're ready!

I've been using my tester for the last couple days, once I got the instructions sorted out I love it. I wipe my tack down daily, usually with just a wet sponge. I have added this sopa daily and my bridle looks cleaner, and feels more supple. I prefer this to my glycerin as it is less likely to get gunky or overly soapy. I have the rosemary, I normally don't like smelly stuff and this is really nice as the scent is subtle. I have told my barnmates to use it too if they'd like so I'll see if they like it as much as I do. I would buy this product for sure.

2 members found this post helpful.

FWIW, not sure if it was luck or what, but my surcingle that normally gets green after two or three days of no use...wasn't green after using "Libby's magic dippity do" (thanks subk) five days earlier. It's gone another off cycle of no use because I am finally RIDING my horse, and will go another on-work cycle before Friday when I get to the barn again. Ho hum, why do I think it might not be green?
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

Bensmom- patiently waiting over here

And so glad you are waiting patiently!!! You are my first big order, and I'm so excited!!

I'm thinking "Magic Dippity Do" is actually not a bad moniker for this stuff . . .

Major soapmaking at my house today - I'm really glad that folks seem to be ok with the shop having a 3-5 day processing time, and I guess this is me learning about starting a small, handcrafted business. Even when the world implodes at your day job, you have to find time to keep on keepin' on at night!

I had to do a temporary label re-design last night and we are working on what the real labels will look like. As much as I love the photos, I don't think I can stick with those.

Any thoughts welcomed!

Libby
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

Can't wait til I get mine, and I'll definitely be doing a bigger order once our move is finally done! Maybe this will cure my SO's refusal to be in the room with me while I clean tack, which is my normal movie watching pastime!

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBendPol View Post
    Not the LEAST BIT offensive!! Barely there. Really!
    Thank you for the first hand (or should I say nose) account of the scent! I am definitely going to add it to my list of horsey products to try since I HATE cleaning tack and the leftover hand residue is awful. In fact, for years I have cleaned tack while wearing surgical gloves just so I wouldn't have that smell/feel on my hands and fingers for days to come. Ha!

Bensmom, keep up the good work! I look forward to trying your product in the future. Don't worry about the labels, nobody is going to get upset because the printing is not exactly perfect or the right font size. Do the best you can and figure out a way in the future, when you aren't flooded with orders, to redesign and print appropriate labels

Well, you all enabled me! I bought rosemary mint!

About to place my order! Can't wait to try it.
    "I am still under the impression that there is nothing alive quite so beautiful as a thoroughbred horse." -- John Galsworthy