The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    between the mountains and the sea, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by hundredacres View Post
    Event4Life, it's scented, not "flavored"... Don't eat it!

I'm anxiously waiting, and wearing cruddy boots until it comes...lol.
    LOL....I meant to say scented! It was early in the morning!

bensmom - thanks for sorting out the shipping issue! I will be ordering soon, once I recover from just having purchased a new helmet and boots from dover. blegh.

On international shipping, maybe compare items of a similar size on Etsy and see what they charge? I've ordered small-ish (a pillow cover and kindle paperweight case) items from Europe and the charge has been around $8 for shipping. I was surprised at how cheap it was!
    "Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tides" - Garth Brooks
    "With your permission, dear, I'll take my fences one at a time" - Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey

I was lucky enough to get some Higher Standards soap last year and I love it! But-- Bensmom-- have you got any idea what scent mine is? All I know is that it is very pleasant.

Cookiepony -- yours is a citrus/ginger with a little cinnamon bark
    *Proud member of the Hoof Fetish Clique*
    I have Higher Standards ...do you? Find us on FB!
    Higher Standards Custom Leather Care -- Handcrafted Saddle Soap

OK, after reading this thread, I ordered two. One for myself and one as a gift for my new trainer to try out

My DH is even excited since he helps me clean tack and thinks a nice scent will improve that task!

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post

My DH is even excited since he helps me clean tack and thinks a nice scent will improve that task!
    Wha...how do you teach husbands this trick?

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by soloudinhere View Post
    Wha...how do you teach husbands this trick?
    Yeah I need to know this. Unfortunately I think it would involve trading cleaning his car... which when he can spend hours on just the engine bay for car shows just doesn't seem like it would be worth it lol. I moan and groan when forced to just quick wash/vacuum my own car lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaGirl View Post
    Yeah I need to know this. Unfortunately I think it would involve trading cleaning his car... which when he can spend hours on just the engine bay for car shows just doesn't seem like it would be worth it lol. I moan and groan when forced to just quick wash/vacuum my own car lol!!
    I have resolved this problem: if he wants my car to be clean, he can wash it.

I'm not allowed to touch his cars. But the man can't even load a dishwasher there's no way I'd let him near my tack. I'm kidding myself with this delusion of help.

3 members found this post helpful.

Ha!! Mine is just a nice guy....he also occasionally rides Fawkes and early on I told him that if you ride the horse, you clean the tack. I would like to think that he took the lesson to heart, but he also cooks dinner and stuff so it is possible I just got lucky.

Bensmoms, your DH definitely needs to learn to make soap! He wants to be part of your growing business, right?

1 members found this post helpful.

Ok...used it today to clean my bridles and breastplate.

SERIOUSLY awesome stuff. Bensmom...let's get this shipment on the road! I can't wait to show this stuff to my friends. It smells amazing AND it does an amazing job. I was quite impressed with the job of cleaning the breastplate that I used on XC last weekend. It cut through grime and left a subtle sheen. It looked so good it made my brass look bad and I spent about 20 minutes Brasso-ing it!!!

I just tried to order some and it tells me that the item does not dispatch to Canada . Any chance that will be changing soon?

Include him, and let him grow with the business. Then he will understand what's going on and he is part of it. ( You will still need breaks to ride your horse, right?)
    Intermediate Riding Skills

Quote Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
    I just tried to order some and it tells me that the item does not dispatch to Canada . Any chance that will be changing soon?
    If you read above, you'll see that Bensmom is working on that.

Yes, I promise! I will work to add Canada and Australia to the list.

I am so happy y'all are pleased!

I'm sending out every jar I have in the house tomorrow. The BIG shipment of new jars will arrive on Monday, and I will ship again on Tuesday. Tomorrow night/Saturday, i will get to counting and shipping of samples that I promised I'd do. I will make a couple of changes to the shop tomorrow and feel confident I can figure out how to ship to Canada and Australia too!

reay -- your big order is one that I have plans to have ready to go on Tuesday!

And, guys, y'all made me so brave that I signed on to sponsor the Southern 8's Three Day!! I'm contributing to the prizes for first-third in all three divisions! So exciting!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Libby
    Last edited by Bensmom; May. 11, 2013 at 05:48 PM.

2 members found this post helpful.

I do not enjoy cleaning tack. Not one bit. When she was still at home and we went to events together, I used to bribe my daughter to clean my tack by braiding her manes. To me that was a great deal. To her as well. My tack is gross. HOWEVER, I just received a notice that my new Handcrafted Saddle Soap has shipped and now I can't wait to clean my grungy leather! 2 bridles, 2 saddles, paddock boots, real boots, 2 girths, 2 breastplates, 4 halters....o joy! Thanks Libby
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Pol, shall we take from this that your DH isn't going to help clean the tack?

Not to worry: mine doesn't even want to see me cleaning my tack! But maybe these new and lovely scents will change his mind?
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Ordered one to use and one to gift. Very excited to clean my tack, which is good, because now that my horse isn't sound to jump, I don't compete anymore, and the tack is grungy.

You guys are such enablers! I just ordered some through etsy-can't wait to try it!

Woohoo! I'm so glad you guys are enabling others to try the soap! That is, after all, what good horse friends do -- enable other horse people to buy new stuff!!

I made sure when I went in the Tack Shack on Tuesday that I had my DH with me -- it is almost like that trick of having your credit card frozen in a block of ice. Somehow, with him along, the "OMG, I must have THAT!" response was dampened somewhat! When I have a horse friend, or god forbid, my trainer, along? I seem to buy WAY more stuff!!

I'll be sending you guys requests for permission to use your reviews over the weekend -- this is just so exciting!

Libby (who forgot that she had a bunch of Real Work on her desk today. Oops!)

My hunting DH said he'd help clean my tack when I helped clean a deer......well that escalated quickly!

When you set up the international shipping, you can just have it so that the customer contacts you with their postal code so that the shipping is individual. I know where I'm at (literall almost North of 60... yay subarctic circle...) the shipping will be more when compared to shipping to say Toronto or Calgary.
    All that is gold does not glitter;
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    ~J.R.R. Tolkien
    http://theimperfectperfecthorse.blogspot.com/