The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Enough of The Parlanti Threads Already..

How many more questions about these boots (that have not previously been addressed on this forum) can there possibly be?

It is quite possible that I am a clueless idiot who does not understand the obsession with, and importance of, Parlanti boots (or any other brand) and if that is the case I apologize in advance.

Boots are expensive and I do understand people's inquiries but..
    Just a late night observation.

14 members found this post helpful.

I'm quite sure that there can be many more.

I always find it ironic when someone posts and additional thread complaining about a subject where there are already too many threads.

13 members found this post helpful.

Time for the Mods to make a Parlanti sticky

1 members found this post helpful.

I thnik it can be blamed on the marketing trolls at JustRiding (and maybe Horseycatherine's in the UK). They do not give up, even though many of the COTH responders (the real, established forum members) have posted dissatisfaction with JustRiding.

At this point I wouldn't buy custom Parlantis from JR for 80% off, based solely on their sneaky, underhanded attempts to avoid paying ad fees to COTH.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rollie Pollie View Post
    Time for the Mods to make a Parlanti sticky

Why don't we cut to the chase and make a justriding/horseycatherine's sticky because that's what they REALLY want.

Not only will I never patronize THEIR stores, I will never buy Parlantis because of the way those stores behave and I plan to let Parlanti know how one of their vendors is acting.
    Last edited by vxf111; Apr. 8, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Why not a separate forum for equestrian equipment questions and recommendations? Far more than Parlanti threads are the "tell me your favorite saddle" "talk to me about CWD/Antares/Butet/Pessoa."

I get it might be a little cluttered as it would be a mix of disciplines, but many of the disciplines use similar equipment as us anyways (I'm sure there are event riders out there who are dying to weigh in on our never ending Parlanti discussions. No?)

Just a thought. The threads don't really bother me because I choose not to click on them
    Currently blogging for Chronicle of the Horse. Articles can be found here: http://www.chronofhorse.com/category...ryan-lefkowitz

I am pretty bummed actually that the only place to really order parlantis from is whatever parent company owns all these sites, and equiport who can't get them quickly. I wanted brown ones, but I am thinking it's not worth it.

What about all the Gary Mundy (or whatever the name is) sturrip leathers...?

Quote Originally Posted by fourmares View Post
    What about all the Gary Mundy (or whatever the name is) sturrip leathers...?
    Gary doesn't give any sort of kickbacks for positive reviews nor is he a disguised COTHer. And his leathers really are the bees knees. Ask me how I know...
    Flip a coin. It's not what side lands that matters, but what side you were hoping for when the coin was still in the air.

You call it boxed wine. I call it carboardeaux.

Quote Originally Posted by jen-s View Post
    Gary doesn't give any sort of kickbacks for positive reviews nor is he a disguised COTHer. And his leathers really are the bees knees. Ask me how I know...
    Gary doesn't create multiple fake user accounts and pose as neutral third parties to promote his site on COTH. ACTUAL UNCOMPENSATED NEUTRAL people who are REAL CUSTOMERS post positive reviews because they like his product. That is very different than the owner/employee of a company posing as a customer solely for the purpose of advertising.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Quote Originally Posted by jen-s View Post
    I'll third this.

Quote Originally Posted by EAY View Post
    I'll third this.
    Fourth for Gary Mundy leathers.

Yes, I just bought new boots.

No, they weren't Parlanti.