The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Eclipse trailers? Anyone have one?

How do you like them? Do they seem to hold up well and haul well? What about the rumber flooring, is it worth the upgrade cost? Thanks for any help. We don't have a dealer close. The nearest one in 5 hrs away and wanted some opinions before we make that drive. Thanks again
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Quote Originally Posted by rabicon View Post
    How do you like them? Do they seem to hold up well and haul well? What about the rumber flooring, is it worth the upgrade cost? Thanks for any help. We don't have a dealer close. The nearest one in 5 hrs away and wanted some opinions before we make that drive. Thanks again
    I've got a 2011 Eclipse, the little ten-footer bumper-pull 2-horse, and I absolutely love it! I wanted something light and maneuverable to pull with my Dodge Dakota (V8 but mid-size), and that would be easy to get into tight spaces at trail heads.

It's awesome--the stalls in it actually measure larger than the two lumbering Kingstons in the yard, every bit of space in the trailer is well-utilized, and the interior is very light and airy and so inviting every horse happily walks right into it. The partition opens up and clips back, and both the center pole AND the partition can easily be removed completely with snap-pins if you have a piano or a lawn tractor or something else to move. Definitely go for the rubber sprayed up the insides--saves TONS of cleaning and always looks nice.

Mine has the rear ramp and front escape door, all the breast and butt bars are nicely padded, you can pick up the ramp one-handed (!) without throwing out your back, and with sway bars on it tows so smoothly you have to remind yourself it's back there. Mine came from Congelosi's in Montgomery NY and I'd recommend them highly.

I got the most basic Eclipse since I just trailer around town--there are many bigger and fancier models, and they'll customize for you if you wish.

I was looking at the size B 3 h slant load. They look very nice, I'd like the ramp on it also. Right now we have a 3G slant stock type trailer and it has been great for the last 8 years but I think it's time to upgrade a bit lol. We are in GA so NY is a long ways away but there is a dealership in TN. Thanks for the info. They seem very well priced for what all you can get so I just wanted to make sure they really are well put together and hold up. Thanks
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

I've had their two horse bumper pull slant for almost two years. I dont haul a lot but it has worked very well for me, and no issues.
    Note that there were earlier threads re these trailers where some people had problems, but all I can say is this fits my needs just fine. (I do miss my Brenderup enormously, but maresy said rather loudly that she prefers slant load riding!)

See similar threads listed below...
    We don't get less brave; we get a bigger sense of self-preservation........