The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Beval Heritage but I bought them before the quality went down.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

ADT Tribute without the wide noseband
    friend of bar*ka

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Edgewood fancy stitched with a wide noseband. If I were to replace it at this point I would be looking at Aramas or SmartPak's line if I didn't buy an Edgewood again. I have had tack from Bobby's and liked it.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Love my aramas fancy stitch wide noise band bridle for the hunters. The leather is nice and supple. It didn't need to be condition or have that wax layer removed from it like so many other brands do. Looks classic and timeless.

Now for jumpers I have to piece meal together a bridle because my jumper has an odd size head. The headstall is crosby, the figure eight is edgewood, and the reins are jimmys.

Over all the older jimmys/edgewood/new calvery/hadfields leather is the best so if you could get your hands on something like that do. They just don't make stuff like the use too.
    I want to be like Barbie because that bitch has everything!

Smartpack Henwitch Padded Bridle.

Aramas raised padded fancy stitching monocrown.

ADT Vivaldi (plain raised padded).

I also love my ADT Liberty. It is my every day bridle. Probably not conservative enough for large shows, but I am tempted.....especially as my horse is not exactly a conservative model!

I have a Bobby's Padded Fancy Stitch hunter bridle that is great leather quality and has a nice look to it. I also have three Vespucci bridles: a figure 8, flash, and regular cavesson.

I have been very happy with the quality of these two brands.

My big headed warmblood wore an Edgewood, padded and fancy stitched. He needed the bulk of the wide nose and brow to look good on his not so delicate face. I had the same bridle for him in a full size, purchased when he showed in hand as a youngster, but had to buy an oversize as he kept growing. So his "little" brother inherited the smaller bridle. Since I have it handy, here's a picture of the big boy dressed to go...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	37912  

My new show bridle is the store Horselife's own brand Horselife. It's really quite pretty and has fancy stitching in all the right places. It took me forever to find a figure eight bridle I liked the looks of. There were so many nice regular cavesson bridles but hardly any nice figure eights.

I personally love the raised fancy stitched bridles...that said, my horse shows in his plain flat hunting bridle--because I don't have two bridles for him, and he both foxhunts and shows!

I have an ADT Imperial (fancy stitched, padded, traditional crown) in brown, cob, that I was going to show in, but decided my horse looked better in a more delicate style.

So I found a Courbette x-fine plain raised, no padding in berber brown, cob size for showing in. Cheeks are 1/2" (so hard to find!) and reins are laced - photo shows with my ADT calfskin reins, but I use the laced ones they came with to show in.

I show local schooling shows only at this time.

Edgewood! I have padded, fancy stitched ones for my two hunters, and they both school in non-padded versions. I love how they look, how they last forever, and they get so soft if cared for properly. Nothing, in my mind, looks more classy than a pretty horse in a nice Edgewood
    A good man can make you feel sexy, strong, and able to take on the world.... oh, sorry.... that's wine...wine does that...

Thanks for the responses! If you had to buy a new bridle tomorrow, which would it be? Would you stay with the current brand you currently have? If not, what would you change to and why? Thanks so much for your help!

I have a kl select and a stubben which is actually really nice for being a stubben, it's about the same quality as the kl select. both are fancy stitched with regular raised nosebands and browbands. I use pebble reins on my jumper though and they are a dream to ride in for me

Tomorrow? The high end Smartpak or Aramas, since they're the same thing or an ADT
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

How's the Edgewood quality these days? I haven't seen a new one in awhile...but if similar to my old ones, I'd buy again for sure. Every time I think I've got a keeper of a brand, the quality changes, so I'd have to see and handle it to know for sure.

But I don't plan to show anymore, so no fancy bridle shopping for me!

I've had Edgewood, Beval and Aramas for previous horses. I actually need to buy a bridle in the next little while but not sure what I will get. I've only seen the horse IRL once, so it's a little difficult to know what will look best....

Aramas. Fancy Stitch, widenoseband, NO Padding. Love it and would buy again in a heartbeat. Actually, I did. I have two (and an extra set of reins, because they are so nice for the price.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

I show in an M. Toulouse bridle that I like. Cheap and nice enough for my local shows. I ride jumpers. Here is my boy in his bridle: http://i740.photobucket.com/albums/x...ump/photo6.jpg
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde