The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

You got him for free. He is not 100% sound. You do not like him. Just give him to someone who will think of him as their horse. Honestly he isn't even sound in the videos you posted on the lunge. He is long backed. Out of shape. AND LAME. Of course he isn't loping well. Of course you can't find someone to pay you for him. I get offered free sound decent built horses each month. But I won't take anything that doesn't fit certain check boxes. Just give the horse to someone who will love him, and get a vet to xray his feet.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    Heck, even someone NOT local who could offer up some actual ACTION instead of harsh words.
    I hear what you are saying; some of what has been said IS harsh. But this is not about mats. If the OP can drop several hundred on a trip to Rolex, she could drop that cash on mats and the rental of a vehicle to deliver them, and there would be no need to be on a public BB complaining about how impossible it all is. This is a choice the OP is making, and I don't think a kind soul offering to buy and deliver mats will make a shred of difference in the long run; there will be another crisis next week.

One of the things I love about COTH is that it's rarely wrong when it decides to deliver a spanking. There are very, very few posters who truly seem to just like kicking a person when they are down (and none of them have shown up on this thread). I GUARANTEE that if the OP came on and said "Help -- I'm in over my head; I can't cope with this horse; I never should have bought him; I just desperately want to rehome him", the FIRST response would be either "Where in MI are you?" or "You have a PM." When people honestly ask for help and show that they are trying to do the right thing for their horses -- regardless of bad decisions in the past -- people on this board rush in to help (and keep the judgey-pants comments out of it). Heck, I am WAY down on the list of helpful people on here but even I have contributed to a Craigslist rescue or two and have offered to help someone from the board who happens to be in a bad place. But the OP isn't looking for help; she is looking for vindication. She asked for input and many have given it -- "You are not doing right by this horse, and dumping this one and getting another is not the answer".

All of us know that horses suffer at the hands of people who don't want or intend to be cruel -- people who lack knowledge, or resources, or are clouded by their own egos, needs or issues. Yes, OP is by far not the only nor the worst offender, but when she asks continually for input, does it make sense not to speak our minds?

You know something -- I honestly feel bad for the OP because she clearly is not in a good place. I truly do wish her well. But, I also wish Cody well.
    Last edited by fargaloo; Apr. 9, 2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: typo!!

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    I asked her several times what part of Michigan she lives in and she never replied. If she was fairly local to me I have a jeep Grand Cherokee that I am sure the mats would slide into.
    I believe she is a Yooper near the Soo.
    "Oh, sure, you may be able to take down one smurf, but mark my words: You bonk one smurf, you better be ready for a blue wave."---Bucky Katt

1 members found this post helpful.

Am I missing the blog entry somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    I grew up in MI. I'm currently asking my old horse friends there if they need a new horse. They'd buy him, of course.
    I am in Greenville, I still do not know where she is. She will not say.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by RHdobes563 View Post
    I believe she is a Yooper near the Soo.
    Well that is a little far for me, a good 4 hours. I would have done an hour or so. Sorry.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Danger'sDelight13 View Post
    Damn you people are intense. You really know how to kick people when they're down
    That's a damn site better than using spurs on a lame horse.
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

...just settin' on the Group W bench.

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by FineAlready View Post
    Should we just tra la la, pretend that we agree that there is just *nothing* that can be done to help the situation and tell the OP how sorry we feel for her that she got herself, *yet again* into a mess that impacts the well being of a horse?
    I just don't see how, especially if you say she isn't listening, 6 pages of repeating the same thing over and over is going to make a difference. While it is interesting to see how many different ways (apparently 108) you can say the exact same thing, it gets a bit redundant after post...20, don't you think?
    Last edited by Danger'sDelight13; Apr. 9, 2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: 108 different ways, not 88

Only to those who keep returning to read a thread that is apparently annoying them.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

8 members found this post helpful.