The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    Wait, Is this the same thread? Nope, different title, same conversations.
    Oh God I need to get rid of my wifi .
    hahaha

Problem with this rara group is...they will never admit that by quacking like a duck..you know the drill..they ARE a duck

My questions are not answered especially by Angela Freda however she will toss back the old tired story that I never give her links and I never have proof.

She NEVER has and never will answer what her involvement with HSUS in Maryland is.

She refuses to acknowledge that she posts on the more radical European anti animal ownership (not just slaughter) forums

Laura also tries to use the same format but it just doesn't work. Didn't you make a donation to the HSUS sponsored DEFHR in my name Laura?

The trasportation pipeline...ah..well..I could go to any auction and then see the horses herded into a truck and the truck start up and travel to the Canadian border//is that what you are referring to?

With all of the anti slaughter and no one will do it right etc..you would think that ONE of them...just ONE of them..would have made the trip north..

But then..they sure don't put their money where their mouth is and where they demand othersdo it.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairfax View Post
    hahaha

Problem with this rara group is...they will never admit that by quacking like a duck..you know the drill..they ARE a duck

My questions are not answered especially by Angela Freda however she will toss back the old tired story that I never give her links and I never have proof.

She NEVER has and never will answer what her involvement with HSUS in Maryland is.

She refuses to acknowledge that she posts on the more radical European anti animal ownership (not just slaughter) forums

Laura also tries to use the same format but it just doesn't work. Didn't you make a donation to the HSUS sponsored DEFHR in my name Laura?

The trasportation pipeline...ah..well..I could go to any auction and then see the horses herded into a truck and the truck start up and travel to the Canadian border//is that what you are referring to?

With all of the anti slaughter and no one will do it right etc..you would think that ONE of them...just ONE of them..would have made the trip north..

But then..they sure don't put their money where their mouth is and where they demand othersdo it.
    Really, Anti ownership forums? Yikes. that is radical.
    I am afraid they were trying to convert me. They questioned why I think only a few of the Videos are real. I said how do you know they are?
    No answer. I did watch one that was done last year of a loading dock I think in Texas going to mexico. That was done undercover by someone who followed the truck. The horses were loaded in a quiet fashion,down the ramp and onto the truck. No beating or prodding, I thought gee what is so bad about this Video, At the very end of the Video it said DO NOT report this video to any authorities it will endanger the lives of the investigators. Really?? LOL
    Now that was suspect right there. LOL
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    So how much do you contribute to animal welfare since you don't have the expenses of owning any horses?
    Well, I did put my money where my my mouth was.

How did you do?

Considering that if you can't spare a buck or three, maybe you should not own a horse, right?

I can - to a point - accept Laura's position.
    Considering she got burned on her dog rescue...she does not do anything for horse rescues....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

WEll you could say I am not worthy either, I know of no local reliable horse rescues that I would donate to, and since I no longer have a horse, I am not contributing to the industry.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    WEll you could say I am not worthy either, I know of no local reliable horse rescues that I would donate to, and since I no longer have a horse, I am not contributing to the industry.
    But you are not constantly claiming to be the only one who knows true animal welfare.

And for you horseless slacker...delete your COTH account at once!

As I said, it was a rather eye opening experience, how few actually did think the cause was worthy enough to drop a couple of bucks, and I really mean, a couple. About the cost of a cup of coffee, to allow this group to educate abusive animals owners to change their ways, teach local craftsmen to make better gear, to teach children to care for their family work animals, and to give medical aid to the animals to survive otherwise deadly diseases.

A little more than the first world crisis of Dobbins not having water 24/7, but a dry bucket now and then, or X feed, instead of Y.

BTW, the particular fundraiser what set up in response to PETA taking a tinkle on the kid who rides Totillas now. Hardly an abused horse. (and had they tried that with Gal, the collective Dutch population would have stoned them with rotten cheese!)

As Bluey puts it, we in a world of plenty....

But in case <generic> you are wondering how rich we are, ask your school district about how many kids are on reduced/free lunches! It is a real eye opener!

And with summer around the corner, these kids will go even without that for 2-3 month!
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    Well, I did put my money where my my mouth was.

How did you do?

Considering that if you can't spare a buck or three, maybe you should not own a horse, right?

I can - to a point - accept Laura's position.
    Considering she got burned on her dog rescue...she does not do anything for horse rescues....
    Completely untrue. I still donate to several horse rescues and regularly pull and transport for dog rescues. Nice try though.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Actually, I own more than one

And support horses in need locally, as many involved in animal welfare do.
    What a concept!

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

Quote Originally Posted by LauraKY View Post
    Completely untrue. I still donate to several horse rescues and regularly pull and transport for dog rescues. Nice try though.
    oh, come on.
    you said it yourself you don't do horse rescue.

But maybe you lost track of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytbs View Post
    Actually, I own more than one

And support horses in need locally, as many involved in animal welfare do.
    What a concept!

Hoarders do as well.

however, taking your word for it would be.....unwise.

after all on the net everybody is bigger and better than in real life.

No kidding my dear, no kidding.......

\"Horses lend us the wings we lack\"

3 members found this post helpful.

There are many who are known to others who show the same breed or species.

Those who are creating the life they wish they had, are generally exposed.

It is a very very small world...Kevin Bacon 6 degrees of separation..

The Rara's usually cry "foul" when they are exposed and deny they are involved but they will never out and out state...I am not involved with that group. I have never given money to that group.

If one supports DEFHR which is a satellite of HSUS then one must accept the responsibility that they are, supporting HSUS.

Hoarders do as well.

however, taking your word for it would be.....unwise.

But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite
    "Take me in, oh tender woman
    Take me in, for heaven's sake
    Take me in oh tender woman," sighed the snake

"I saved you," cried that woman
    "And you've bit me even, why?
    You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
    "Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
    "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/

The Snake by Al Wilson..great tune but also applicable to these threads. If we do not post and rebutt and hold their hand to the fire of proof...they come back and post that we lost ??

Only loser is constitution if bans are allowed. No one is against the enforcement of laws, rules etc.

And...it is only ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE..but there is not a solution that is better at the current time of all of the rara's of the world would unit and present it.

But instead of saying thanks, that snake gave her a vicious bite

"I saved you," cried that woman
    "And you've bit me even, why?
    You know your bite is poisonous and now I'm going to die"
    "Oh shut up, silly woman," said the reptile with a grin
    "You knew damn well I was a snake before you took me in

source: http://www.lyricsondemand.com/

The Snake by Al Wilson..great tune but also applicable to these threads. If we do not post and rebutt and hold their hand to the fire of proof...they come back and post that we lost ??

Only loser is constitution if bans are allowed. No one is against the enforcement of laws, rules etc.

And...it is only ONE PIECE OF THE PUZZLE..but there is not a solution that is better at the current time of all of the rara's of the world would unit and present it.
    Chess and pigeons comes to mind, to tell you the truth.

At a minimum 95%
    Measurement of welfare indicators such as:

Percentage of horses rendered insensible with one shot from either a captive bolt or a firearm. Minimum score 95%, excellent score 99 to 100%.
    100% rendered insensible before hoisting.
    Falling score 1% or less body touches the ground during handling.
    No electric prods.
    No acts of abuse, such as beating, slamming gates on horses, or poking sensitive areas.

If we're going to quote her - get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Temple only requires 95% of horses to be knocked insensible by the bolt or firearm. That means she is okay with 5 out of every 100 horses needing additional impacts or shots.
    The rara sisterhood likes to cite Grandin's work, but they have difficulty accepting her emotionless stats. Temple can't relate to the sisterhood's 'poor little pony' emotional rollercoaster.
    Grandin also has no problem processing wild mustangs, she just advises the processors to adjust a couple things due to their flight instinct.

Quote Originally Posted by JGHIRETIRE View Post
    At a minimum 95%
    Measurement of welfare indicators such as:

Percentage of horses rendered insensible with one shot from either a captive bolt or a firearm. Minimum score 95%, excellent score 99 to 100%.
    100% rendered insensible before hoisting.
    Falling score 1% or less body touches the ground during handling.
    No electric prods.
    No acts of abuse, such as beating, slamming gates on horses, or poking sensitive areas.

If we're going to quote her - get it right.
    Thank you!!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

Like you're not caught in the swirl?? I don't see you staying away either.

hahaha

I'm having some Bailey's. You???

Chess and pigeons comes to mind, to tell you the truth.

Many thanks to my peep, jg, for backing me up on that magical 95%. Your support is much appreciated. By the way, I wasn't quoting, I was summarizing. But thanks again for proving me right!

Please get a grip on your pantyhose, I am so NOT your peep.
    I also hope you read the part about minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Many thanks to my peep, jg, for backing me up on that magical 95%. Your support is much appreciated. By the way, I wasn't quoting, I was summarizing. But thanks again for proving me right!

2 members found this post helpful.

Also said by TG.
    http://www.grandin.com/humane/questi...slaughter.html

Video monitoring over the Internet by a third party auditing company. This prevents people from "acting good" when they know they are being watched. I have been in horse slaughter plants that had high standards when I was watching, but later they were caught on undercover videos being abusive.