The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default New Vocations girl

http://www.horseadoption.com/horsepr...olar-blessing/

Saw this girl that was just posted to New Vocations' website. Thought she looked like a great hunter/jumper prospect and thought I would share!
    "One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
    "Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

She's cute. And I'm looking. Too bad she wasn't just a touch taller. I think she'll be really nice with more training.

Does New Vocations primarily chose horses that are quiet? They seem to have pretty sane looking horses. How does that work? I guess I'm asking if they are picky?
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

Just from being around TBs at the track and at our letdown farms, I'd venture a guess (just a guess, mind you, though based on experience), that most TBs, in general, are actually pretty chill about stuff.

(In other words: I don't think NV is superduper selective based on temperament, I think that most TBs have good temperaments to begin with.)

ETA - this girl is super pretty and we've had a few by that sire come through with us and they've been athletic, good jumpers. Just if someone needs enabling.
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Thanks, caffeinated. After I sent that post I thought maybe it was not a good idea. I didn't mean that TBs were silly all the time, nor am I "dissin" the breed. (I've had a few silly ones, though.)
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

I think this mare is a beauty, if I had a barn at home and space I'd take a gamble on this one. I wish they had a video. Can't afford to board two out, unfortunately. She'd complement my current bay 16.1 hand mare nicely. I'd have a matched set . Doh! I see they DO have a video. Even better for my virtual horse shopping addiction!

M. Owen, they do have a video.

Yes, there is a video tab.
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

She sure is a pretty girl, but id be wary of those high/low heels. I have one like that now and soundness became an issue

HorseKrazy, can you explain what you mean by high/low heels? Are the angles in her fore feet different, possibly? Or is it front to back? I know a lot of OTTBs have low heels but just wanted more info. on what you are seeing in this mare. Thanks!