The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Utah?

Hey guys, I'm moving back to Utah (long story ha) and I know fantastic hj trainers up there, but I only know one eventing trainer there... Does anyone have any suggestions or input on trainers? You can PM me if you don't want it out in public! Thanks!

It's a big state ... maybe you should be a bit more specific.

I worked with Dale (last name? augh!) a little bit and a woman over in Heber City but I can't remember her name! Dale came up to Ogden and schooled XC with me, the woman came over to my farm in Huntsville. Oh, also Ingrid George somewhere in the valley.

not very helpful but a start?
    Ready ~ 1999-2009 ~ you were bigger than life!
    Stickers ~ 1985-2011 ~ Cody's BFF
    I miss you both very much!

1 members found this post helpful.

It has been a while since I did Eventing (I converted to just doing dressage) but In the Utah Valley there is Kelly, Marylee ( really good but, I don't know if she is taking students at the moment) I think Ingrid is up in Heber she is a really good trainer too, she taught me in Pony Club a couple of times. I am sure there are loads more that I just don't know about.

Good luck! Sorry I am not more helpful.

I just thought I would chime in with a BOOOOOOOOOOO!

I still can't believe you're leaving us.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Dale Woolsey is who I think you meant. He is not currently teaching. Ashley Wagner is located in Park City. She competed back east for a few years before returning to Utah. Ingrid George is still teaching in the same region, There are other trainers so you should not have a problem finding someone to work with.

Dale Woolsey is who I think you meant. He is not currently teaching. Ashley Wagner is located in Park City. She competed back east for a few years before returning to Utah. Ingrid George is still teaching in the same region, There are other trainers so you should not have a problem finding someone to work with.

Thanks FitzW, I was racking my brain for Dale's last name!! And I thought the Wagner woman's name was Lindsey? but yes, she did have a upper level horse and trained in VA for a while.
    Ready ~ 1999-2009 ~ you were bigger than life!
    Stickers ~ 1985-2011 ~ Cody's BFF
    I miss you both very much!

Kim Castro! She's the BEST!
    I ride with her currently, and I don't think I'll ever stop. She is AMAZING! Far and away the best trainer I have EVER had. Others may have bigger resumes or fancier facilities, but Kim is so positive, so upbeat, and really really knows what's she's doing. She's the best!
    Her website is here: http://www.3peasinapony.com/
    And of course, the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/3peasinapony?fref=ts

When I started riding here in Utah (came here from SoCal), I met with every eventing trainer I could find between Nephi and Ogden. Kim was the obvious winner! I was so done with wearied, crotchety old ladies yelling at me to do this, do that. Kim explains things, shows things, and makes sure everything you do is working towards your goals. She's really top-class.

Lindsay Wagner is an excellent coach and great rider with fabulous references. Just ask Jimmy Wofford, David O'Connor, Sinead Halpin, or Rebecca Howard to name a few. She teaches out of several barns in the Park City, Oakley, Heber City, and SLC areas.