Sadly I just can't get there before she shows him to this other person on the 11th and then leaves for Virginia for four days. I'm currently out of town until Thursday evening, and she's already showing him to her on that night. Then she leaves the next morning. I'm just going to have to wait it out and hope the other person somehow isn't interested in him and/or hasn't decided by the time I go see him. I'm planning on checking him out next Tuesday the 16th, when she gets back. My stomach is going to be in knots until then.....
"One reason why horses are happy is because they are not trying to impress other horses."
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"
I hate to be one of those people but...."what is meant to be is meant to be". Whatever that means?!!! Hopefully this horse will be there when you return.
I do like his pedigree! A lot of promising ancestors for a sport horse. If you do get him make sure you post pictures I'm curious on what he looks like.
As far as Storm Cat:
I very much like a nice Storm Cat grand-offspring. However, I have noticed that a lot of his offspring have shorter/thicker necks compared to other TB sires. I think that comes more from Storm Bird. Which is one of the reasons I don't think you see many or any of them at the higher levels. Other than that most of them are great movers, good conformation & just nice to look at. Out of the handful of Storm Cat offspring I have met none of them have had bad attitudes all very nice horses.
My last horse I got is a granddaughter of Storm Cat & she is absolutely lovely but she does have a shorter neck.
I really wish that every prospective buyer who tried a horse I had for sale would buy that horse. My life would be so much easier! Unfortunately this is not what happens. I suppose it is possible that the person trying the horse would sign a contract/leave a deposit, but it is unlikely. Most horse sales seem to take a bit longer to conclude. So I wouldn't get too wound up about another buyer looking first. I also wouldn't get too wound up about this horse being the right fit for you. Hopefully yes, but possibly no. There seems to be considerable expectation projected on this horse that may or may be valid. I would tune down the excitement and wait to see what happens.