The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Patras VR

Where did Jessica Phoenix find Patras VR? The Eventing Nation picture of the two at The Forks is spectacular - and in what looks like heavy rain too. Wonderful!

He was bred by the late Connie Kempter in CAN. He was one of 4 full brothers who were approved by the ATA, although I believe that he has been gelded? The other 3 brothers are Prince of Prussia, Plattinum vom Rappenhof *Pb*, and Prinz Habicht *Ps*. I seem to recall that a year or so before Connie passed away she was selling off a lot of her stock so she and her SO could move to a warmer climate and I think Jessica got him around that time, but I might be wrong on the timing. I'm sure that Connie is very proud of him though.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Thanks for the great answer!

Patras belongs to my mom Debbie Brown and Jessie. We bought him from Connie as a yearling as we also owned his brother Prinz Habicht - and we loved him so much!
    I rode Patras up to third level in our National Dressage circuit up her in Ontario. When I became pregnant with my first child three years ago, we had to make the choice of selling him, or keeping him and going into a partnership....we definitely didn't want him sitting in a stall doing nothing. He's a once in a lifetime kind of horse.... such a pleasure to ride! He absolutely loves Jessie and his new career in eventing!! He was gelded in 2011 as it would have been too difficult for Jessie to manage the handling and requirements of a stallion with her schedule. We did, however, save some frozen semen.

1 members found this post helpful.

Til Twilight - I saw him at Red Hills and he is fabulous. What a wonderful partnership he and Jessie have developed... and thank you for your generosity on providing that ride for her! It always makes me smile when we have our top riders on canadian bred horses!

Can you post a link to his pedigree details? Nice to know you saved some frozen!

Not looks like heavy rain - WAS heavy rain, temps in the upper 30s and just about the most miserable I have been at any horse trial ever (as organizer, competitor's mom, competitor's wife or in this case the dressage steward)

Very nice pair, real head turners in the sandbox.

Thanks! Luckily, I kept one of Patras's babies to hopefully be able to get back into riding this summer (I'm due with my second child at the end of May)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2x1vniuz48&sns=em

Here is a link to Patras's pedigree: http://www.americantrakehner.com/sta...mRappenhof.asp