The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I haven't really watched TV in over a year (I stream online) however, when I do have the tube on, I find I'm disgusted by every commercial that's shown. I can't mute them fast enough. As much as I miss BBC America and football games, I will never pay for cable again.
    I'm not arguing, I'm just explaining why I'm right
    Violence doesn't end violence. It extends it. Break the cycle.

1 members found this post helpful.

I DVR almost everything, so I can fast forward through the commercials(THE CRAP- they want to sell me).

I don't like the one with the kid ramming his bike into the kitchen cabinets either. Or the one that has a kid sitting in a high chair cramming his fist into his mouth and someone in the background wailing about Cheerios. That is anything but appetizing to me.
    I also hate these two. I don't find the cheerios one "cute." Maybe one day if I have my own kid I will think it's cute, but right now it just looks gross. Doesn't make me want to eat cheerios at all.

Swifter mop commercials...YUCK! Can't stand the love songs between nasty mops and whatever else was tossed away. Are women that stupid?
    I also can't stand this one. Swiffer commercials are annoying. Also the magic clean eraser ones where the old bottles of cleaner are sitting crying about it. Really dumb.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NBChoice http://nbchoice.blogspot.com/
    The New Banner's Choice- 1994 ASB Mare
    Dennis The Menace Too- 1999 ASB Gelding
    Dreamacres Sublime- 2008 ASB Gelding

I can't really decide if I hate the "Farmers Only" dating site ads or find them funny.
    My supervisor, who is a master gardener and happily single, let her mother talk her into joining Farmers Only. She said it's mostly a bunch of shirtless beer-bellied guys posing with stuff they shot (instead of stuff they harvested). I.e., few farmers on Farmersonly.com!

The Geico commercials that end with a mandolin player and a guitar player on front of a little stage.
    Yes, I know how to spell. I'm using freespeling!

freespeling

Some of those Geico commercials are pretty darn funny, especially the one of Eddie Money as a travel agent. He looks positively insane in that one.

I also hate the cheerios one with the kid cramming cereal in his mouth.

There was a commercial on on Canadian TV that had a kid going absolutely nuts in a supermarket and was tearing things off shelves, yelling, being a hellion. All the mothers were giving the hapless dad a disapproving look. The commercial was for condoms. ha ha.
    Yogurt - If you're so cultured, how come I never see you at the opera? Steven Colbert

4 members found this post helpful.

I am sick and tired of commercials telling the viewer to "ask your doctor if {fill in prescription med here] is right for you." Especially the ones that have la-la-la music playing in the background while the narrator lists the horrible side effects of the drug. May cause sterility, impotence, insanity, suicidal thoughts, depression, stomach upset, cancer, heart attack, diabetes, and death ... but oh, I feel so much better now that I'm taking this drug! La-la-la-la -la ...

Can't help but wonder how many months it will before I see a commercial telling the viewer that if you have taken the prescription [fill in the name here] and died, call the law firm of Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe (with apologies to Click and Clack Tappit).
    LOL. This made me roll...I hate these too. Or the ones where you can't even figure out what the product is FOR.

Also hated? That god-awful commercial during the superbowl with the "pretty girl" and the "nerd". That one made me want to throw something. I think I've mostly expunged it from my memory.

There is a Clorox commercial that I absolutely hate. I've only seen it showing during the show Mad Men & is done in 'mad menesque' style. It is telling some men to use Clorox to get lipstick off their collars so their wives won't see it. Really???!!! What were they thinking? Does Clorox think that no women watch that show and considering clorox's users are mostly women. They lost me as a customer over that one.

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    I hate, hate, hate those quit smoking commercials with the people gasping for air. I have severe asthma and find them so offensive it makes me want to start smoking. I immediately change the channel when they come on.
    Yup - that is first one I thought of too - I am not a smoker so it just totally grosses me out - especially when I've just eaten.
    Sandy in Fla.

Any commercials for cleaning products. I have yet to see a man using a cleaning product in those ads. They always have the children and men doing stupid things (like spilling juice on carpet, letting the muddy dog in, or leaving a huge mess in the kitchen) and the woman, smiling, reaches for her Bounty/Swiffer/etc. as if she is just so happy her family is full of thoughtless & useless people who have designated her as the cleaning slave.
    Blugal

You never know what kind of obsessive compulsive crazy person you are until another person imitates your behaviour at a three-day. --Gry2Yng

2 members found this post helpful.

What do you guys think of the new kmart 'ship my pants' ad? I thought it was funny!

http://youtu.be/xCGfgnU18yk

There are two horrendous radio commercials here. One is an advert for a salesperson and it ends with 'there is no limit to how much dollars you can earn' and the other an advert for the Junos and it starts with 'Want to shrug shoulders with the Sheepdogs?'. The same woman does the speaking and likely the writing. She shouldn't be allowed to write and even her news articles are filled with spelling and grammatical errors.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

OMG I hate the Geico pig ones, they make me want bacon
    And the Progressive ones with Flo- yuck! But mostly I either fast forward commercials or just change the channel.
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

The new Progressive commercial with the wrestling announcer. I mute it every time it is on.
    The pig Geico commercials.
    Love the mayhem ones, though.

Mucus

Quote Originally Posted by pal-o-mino View Post
    What do you guys think of the new kmart 'ship my pants' ad? I thought it was funny!

http://youtu.be/xCGfgnU18yk
    Apparently there are some who are offended by it, but I think it's hilarious.

I hate the commercials with the people in giant hamster suits -- Kia, maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

Any commercial, usually for a local company, where they use their kids to advertise products or services that have nothing to do with children. Like windows or auto parts. Especially when the little darlings cannot clearly ennunciate. In one commercial, the kid babbles something and the parent translates, more babbling, more translation. I add them to my list of companies NOT to call when I need something.

All I can say is the weather has me awake and I have laughed so hard my ribs hurt. Trak, your posts are true gems!

I don't think drug companies should be allowed to hawk their wares on TV. Since one of the side effects can be death that should be enough to stop it. I notice since so many women died from the latest BC crap I see very few of those.

It frosts me that fear and stupidity sells. Really? ANytime they use those two things I want to scream.

The rest of y'all have added to the merriment as well.
    “Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Anything that starts with some random person talking about the product, and then saying "Hi, I'm Whoever". Just annoys me for some reason.

Also, all those Pet Meds commercials. Why take your pet to the vet for a checkup when you can just get your meds mailed to you instead?

Ovaltine.

Anything with annoying children.

Thankfully, I don't watch enough TV to have many commercials I hate.

Drug commercials--the listing of side effects doesn't bother me, because they HAVE to report anything that happens while people are on the med as a side effect. It doesn't mean they're actually related. I've wondered, if someone gets pregnant during the study, is pregnancy considered a possible side effect?
    Against My Better Judgement: A blog about my new FLF OTTB
    Do not buy a Volkswagen. I did and I regret it.
    VW sucks.