The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default North Korea

The world has some crazy ass leaders......but Kim Jong just seems, well, crazy! Scary crazy......does he really think that they could win against the western world or do you all think he's just a bully that will back down when really threatend?

Ok....discuss!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

I think he's a bully. He young and new to power. He's flexing his muscles to see what he can get away with. He *might* try something against South Korea and get instantly smacked down by the full force of the allied forces. I don't see this escalating into something big.
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

Yup I also think he is a bully. And a "i wanna be". What an a$$ he is. But he is so young, he thinks his $hit don't stink.

But you know my hubbby is a rocket scientist, and he is working to prevent such snot from this "wanna be" snot kid.

Oh I forgot he is buds with Dennis. oh my. So he is "ok" "cool".

Scares the ever living crap out of me - because he is so young & because this seems like a game to him. I really hope we are protected & I feel badly for South Korea. It is hard to defend against crazy & he is just cray cray!

2 members found this post helpful.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/04/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

looks like they moved some missiles to the coast.

He'll get his country wiped off the map if he tries anything. I worry about him launching his nukes. Not only because of the destruction and death, but the long term effects it will have on the world. If he does launch anything, I hope the rest of the world can keep a cool head, including the US.

The defense system that the US has sent to Guam worries me.

1 members found this post helpful.

I think with all his bombast he has backed himself into a corner and I think he is incapable of backing down. I don't really approve of assassination by drone but I could be persuaded. I just hope the US and China don't get involved.
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

5 members found this post helpful.

Years ago, just a few weeks after the 9/11 terrorist attacks, I was foxhunting with a small group of people, one of whom was a fascinating lady who had some hush-hush power job at the Pentagon. We of course were all discussing Al-Quaeda, and this lady very quietly but very emphatically said "Our bigger concern is North Korea."

For some reason that brief conversation and her statement left a very deep impression on me, and I thought about it again this week. Very scary.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://tinyurl.com/kj7x53c
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e

Much of the Kim family noise over the years has been more for internal consumption than for any defined external goal ... NK leaders maintain power by making the populace fear the outside world and forcing them to 'trust' in the military might of country and revere the leadership. The risk is always that one day they will go too far and actually start something, but there is part of me that really wishes the rest of the world would just ignore Kim blustering and tell him to sit down and shut up.

*star*
    "Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit."
    - Desiderata, (c) Max Ehrman, 1926

4 members found this post helpful.

Indeed. Sit down, North Korea.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Remember there ARE people here in the USA who are working to prevent such attacks from "him".

We (usa) have the technology, and equipment in place, and people working on it "right now".

Yeah the little NK "boy" is flexing his muscles. He is new to the "power". And apparently doesn't have a twitter or facebook account yet, so he has to do something to be noticed. Oh, but Dennis was paying attention to him so he (the NK boy) thinks he is speshil now that Dennis went to fawn over him.

As long as our USA is strong in the military, we will do fine. I know it. (think positive) We have a history of it. Unless, we choose to not to have a strong military. . . . . . and want to join the butterfly farting gypsy vanners. . . .

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ctually-reach/

It's mostly talk, I think. He is really a class-A moron (and yes, insane) blustering the way he is, however, about nukes--any country that launches them is basically committing literal suicide, because the repercussions would be catastrophic for them. No matter how unhinged they may seem, most leaders don't actually want to destroy themselves and their entire country--they are, at the end of the day, interested in survival. I would say he's the same--he's just stupid enough to pretend that he's the strong man on the block when he really freakin isn't even close.

Paranoia, arrogance, greed and easy access to weapons, a deadly combination.

Quote Originally Posted by carolprudm View Post
    I think with all his bombast he has backed himself into a corner and I think he is incapable of backing down. I don't really approve of assassination by drone but I could be persuaded. I just hope the US and China don't get involved.
    You do not "approve" of drones, BUT what if you horses were at risk due to ki-oats or other preditors. Would you set up a camera or some system (drone), and have them shot if they attacked your horses or other livestock/family??

Or would you perhaps send the family dog out to take care of the ki-oats. aka coyotes, or snakes, or whatever predator you choose.

If the roomba - theorectically - could handle the ki-oats attacking your horses/livestock/family, would you send the roomba or the dog or a man with a gun?

just asking.

Quote Originally Posted by ShotenStar View Post
    Much of the Kim family noise over the years has been more for internal consumption than for any defined external goal ... NK leaders maintain power by making the populace fear the outside world and forcing them to 'trust' in the military might of country and revere the leadership. The risk is always that one day they will go too far and actually start something, but there is part of me that really wishes the rest of the world would just ignore Kim blustering and tell him to sit down and shut up.

*star*
    I think this is right on--North Korea is so closed off that the populace has no choice but to believe everything the government feeds them. They literally have nothing to compare it to. So, yes, I definitely think much of the bluster is to keep the poor North Koreans believing that they live in the most powerful country in the world.

Basically, think of the crap Soviet Russia fed it's citizens and satellites during the Communist era--except in North Korea it 100% works, because they have no contact with the outside world.

This article explains it well: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...than-we-think/

Quote Originally Posted by rmh_rider View Post
    You do not "approve" of drones, BUT what if you horses were at risk due to ki-oats or other preditors. Would you set up a camera or some system (drone), and have them shot if they attacked your horses or other livestock/family??

Or would you perhaps send the family dog out to take care of the ki-oats. aka coyotes, or snakes, or whatever predator you choose.

If the roomba - theorectically - could handle the ki-oats attacking your horses/livestock/family, would you send the roomba or the dog or a man with a gun?

just asking.
    HUH?
    I wasn't always a Smurf
    Penmerryl's Sophie RIDSH
    "I ain't as good as I once was but I'm as good once as I ever was"
    The ignore list is my friend. It takes 2 to argue.

3 members found this post helpful.

carol-google roomba and ki-oats=coyotes...

Wasn't Dennis Rodman just over visiting Kim Jong and raving about what a great guy he was? Keep an eye on DR! LOL

Scary! Just watching the news right now

He is a bully. He is nut. But don't for one second think he is an idiot, or underestimate what he and his people are willing to do in order to prove a point.

You think they will simply sit down while America flaps a stick? Snort. How arrogant. You do know what those people think of America, do you? Paper Tiger! - And we are the ones who taught them that. Remember, they are not Americans who cry and whine if one life is lost. They will not bat an eye if the whole country, including himself, is wiped out, and they will wait for eternity if not longer for that to happen just to drag their enemies down. That is how careful Americans should be when dealing with those foreign sovereigns.

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria View Post
    He is a bully. He is nut. But don't for one second think he is an idiot, or underestimate what he and his people are willing to do in order to prove a point.

You think they will simply sit down while America flaps a stick? Snort. How arrogant. You do know what those people think of America, do you? Paper Tiger! - And we are the ones who taught them that. Remember, they are not Americans who cry and whine if one life is lost. They will not bat an eye if the whole country, including himself, is wiped out, and they will wait for eternity if not longer for that to happen just to drag their enemies down. That is how careful Americans should be when dealing with those foreign sovereigns.
    Bull. I see the ground forces sweeping across the border, then stopping in shock and awe at the first grocery store. Invasion over.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by GestALTER View Post
    Bull. I see the ground forces sweeping across the border, then stopping in shock and awe at the first grocery store. Invasion over.
    Must be a blessing to be ignorant.