The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default DeNiro Ottaviano Vs Salento field boots

What are the differences other than style of top? I am looking at them online and am loving the look of the Salento, but I didn't know if there was any other difference that I should be aware of.

I really wanted a pair of Parlantis, but I don't want the risk of not ordering from a company that I know will take care of me and easily take returns if they don't fit.

My current top pick in a boot is the tredstep Davinci, but I've heard the DeNiros are nicer. I tried the Sergios an didn't see a huge difference in quality compared to Tredstep for an additional 500 dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickelodian View Post
    What are the differences other than style of top? I am looking at them online and am loving the look of the Salento, but I didn't know if there was any other difference that I should be aware of.

I really wanted a pair of Parlantis, but I don't want the risk of not ordering from a company that I know will take care of me and easily take returns if they don't fit.

My current top pick in a boot is the tredstep Davinci, but I've heard the DeNiros are nicer. I tried the Sergios an didn't see a huge difference in quality compared to Tredstep for an additional 500 dollars.
    Difference in the zipper tab on the back is really the only thing I can see, but I didn't try out the Salentos. I tried the Leucas as well as both Tredsteps, which definitely seemed like cheaper leather than the DeNiro boots

It looks like the Salentos also have the elastic panel along the zipper, which the Ottavianos do not have.

I have the Ottaviano field boots....love them! But haven't tried the other brands you have mentioned so I cannot give a comparison.

I also have the Ottavianos and love them. When boot shopping I tried the Tredsteps, Sergios, and the DeNiro's, and the DeNiro's were by far the nicest boot.

It does look like the Salento's have an elastic panel. If in doubt, call SmartPak and ask them. If they have a pair in the warehouse, one of the reps will go take a look. (I just ordered a pair of the DeNiro Fly & Ride boots, and I called with this exact same question.) Don't be afraid to order the boots from SmartPak - I had to go through a couple of iterations before I got it right, and their customer service was outstanding throughout the process.
    Why do I like most horses better than most people?