The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default COTH Rolex Get-Together

Does anyone want to do a Friday night meet n greet/reunion at a local restaurant for Rolex weekend? I'd offer our place but I will be within five days of my due date and don't want to entertain if anyone is interested, I'll do some calling around and see who can accommodate a group.
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

Yes..

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Has anyone seen a schedule of Rolex side events? I think I read somewhere that New Vocations and the RRTP are doing their seminar again this year. What about YEH and FEH things? Educational seminars? Course Walks? Time is passing, and people need to know what's going to be out there so we can schedule.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I didn't know you were having a baby, Candle! Congrats! We're just a bit away, let me know if there is anything that I can do to help once bundle o' joy arrives!

I'd be game for a meet up, since I'm hoping that we'll be there. Isn't the reining on Friday night as well? A course walk would be fun (and how fun would it be to pop out a baby at Rolex! If you did it in the water hazard I bet somebody will hand you a beer on the walk back in... just sayin') since I know we have some really knowledgeable COTHers on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    Has anyone seen a schedule of Rolex side events? I think I read somewhere that New Vocations and the RRTP are doing their seminar again this year. What about YEH and FEH things? Educational seminars? Course Walks? Time is passing, and people need to know what's going to be out there so we can schedule.
    The RRTP/New Vocations thing is on Friday night (have tickets for that).

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    I didn't know you were having a baby, Candle! Congrats! We're just a bit away, let me know if there is anything that I can do to help once bundle o' joy arrives!

I'd be game for a meet up, since I'm hoping that we'll be there. Isn't the reining on Friday night as well? A course walk would be fun (and how fun would it be to pop out a baby at Rolex! If you did it in the water hazard I bet somebody will hand you a beer on the walk back in... just sayin') since I know we have some really knowledgeable COTHers on here.
    Well, I could use some help keeping horses in shape down here I was hoping that if I had my baby in the Dubarry tent, or perhaps the Antares tent, they'd at least give me free merchandise. Sadly, I think I'd only scar them for life and it probably wouldn't work out well
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

Quote Originally Posted by Vesper Sparrow View Post
    The RRTP/New Vocations thing is on Friday night (have tickets for that).
    I have tickets as well! Very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Candle View Post
    Well, I could use some help keeping horses in shape down here I was hoping that if I had my baby in the Dubarry tent, or perhaps the Antares tent, they'd at least give me free merchandise. Sadly, I think I'd only scar them for life and it probably wouldn't work out well
    I like the way that you think! It never hurts to ask, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Hi, my friend and I and our daughters are going. Wondering if anything was ever decided about a COTH meet-up. We are doing course walk Fri after dressage, so couldn't do dinner before 7.

PKN

yeah yeah yeah!! Let's meet!!

I'll be at the booth all day during the event and have dinners booked with our sponsored riders or press partners. But I can certainly escape for a drink before or after dinner.... or I can even host a COTH at the booth but I wouldn't want to step into the dangerous waters of advertising on COTH so I understand if the booth isn't a good meeting point.
    Whatever you decide, please keep me in the loop!!

If we're friends on facebook, you've already seen the event I shared for Rolex.
    I would love to finally put faces on names!

Amandine

Quote Originally Posted by pheasantknoll View Post
    Hi, my friend and I and our daughters are going. Wondering if anything was ever decided about a COTH meet-up. We are doing course walk Fri after dressage, so couldn't do dinner before 7.

PKN
    Same here -- I would love to meet up after the post-dressage course walk on Friday.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    Same here -- I would love to meet up after the post-dressage course walk on Friday.
    so I was given the OK by COTH's Gods to host the gathering at the Voltaire Design booth... how does that sound? What day/time works for most people?

We can then meet and decide where to go to dinner and meet again in the evening? how does that sound? Not to mention that I'll try to get the riders to do signings at the booth and they need to eat too so they might even join us....

Let me know how that sounds!!

Amandine

Quote Originally Posted by MILOUTE55 View Post
    so I was given the OK by COTH's Gods to host the gathering at the Voltaire Design booth... how does that sound? What day/time works for most people?

We can then meet and decide where to go to dinner and meet again in the evening? how does that sound? Not to mention that I'll try to get the riders to do signings at the booth and they need to eat too so they might even join us....

Let me know how that sounds!!

Amandine
    Sounds fabulous - thanks! Other than going to the races at Keeneland Thursday during the day, and the Friday post-dressage course walk, we are open schedule wise.
    Riding a horse is not a gentle hobby, to be picked up and laid down like a game of solitaire. It is a grand passion.... ~ Emerson

Candle - as a side note if you are at Rolex and delivery becomes imminent, our booth is on Dr. Peaches Way near the big screen. I have delivered a few babies in all sorta of situations (no I am not a doctor I am a NR paramedic and yes they were all human babies, though I do think Rood & Riddle is one of our neighbors). Looking forward to our first time at Rolex.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by LTLFLDF View Post
    Candle - as a side note if you are at Rolex and delivery becomes imminent, our booth is on Dr. Peaches Way near the big screen. I have delivered a few babies in all sorta of situations (no I am not a doctor I am a NR paramedic and yes they were all human babies, though I do think Rood & Riddle is one of our neighbors). Looking forward to our first time at Rolex.
    will be good to see you again!
    Is Jacques coming too?! I can't wait!!

So how does Friday late afternoon sound? Who will be there and where do you want to go for dinner or drinks?! Any local rider who can give us advice on cool places?

Check out Windy Corner Market or Wallace Station for fantastic local eats. I'm afraid I'm relegated to mornings only on Thursday and Friday unless I want to drag my kiddos around with me
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

By late afternoon, do you mean after Wofford's course walk?

Quote Originally Posted by TarheelJD View Post
    By late afternoon, do you mean after Wofford's course walk?
    Not sure, what time is that?
    All I've seen is the inside of the vendors fair lol
    We have postcard signings at our booth pretty much all afternoon with top riders. Everything closes at 5pm so maybe 4:30pm?

Sadly, I am too huge, tired, and sore to make it into the park this year, but if anyone is going for food or drinks somewhere outside the KHP where I don't have to walk four miles, I'll be there