The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Colin-Arndt Trailers?

I am going to look at a used one this weekend. Does ayone know anything about them? Workmanship? Quality and structure? Are they safe? It is a 2+1 GN w/DR. Thanks in advance.
    "You post all your drama on Facebook and get mad when people judge you? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?"

We've had a 2 horse straight load bumper pull with a dressing room for almost 10 years now. We bought it used, so it's now past its 20th birthday and still going strong. This year we will need to do some maintenance, but considering it's age, it's awesome. It's been one of the better trailers I've had, for sure.

Sheila
    Sheila Zeltt
    Chestnut Run Stable & Zeltt Racing Stable
    www.Zeltt.com
    Standing "Tiz Brian" at Stud, 16.1 h bay TB by Tiznow

We have had a few colin-arndt trailers over the years and have yet to have a problem with them. I would definitely consider another one if I were in the market.

I saw a stock combo they built a couple years ago and it looked like a nice trailer. Would definitely consider it!

I see them around quite a bit, but I know them by reputation only. They are supposed to be excellent, sturdy trailers.

Collin-Arndts are great, solid trailers. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

The quality of the 2h BP Colin-Arndt trailer I looked at while shopping was very good. It did seem cramped inside, but it was an older trailer, too. So if the one you are looking at is sized right for your needs, definitely worth considering.

Local company to me. Everyone I know that has had one loved it and they have a great reputation. I want to say they are out of business now?

Last I checked they are out of business making new trailers, but they are still there doing trailer repairs.

The reputation is very good.