The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone tried the FITS Treads Lite breeches yet?

Wondering if anyone has tried these, and if so how do you like them? I love FITS, because they.... well... fit (small waist, wide hips and thighs) but I hate full seats!

Just got a pair of the knee patch breeches they have but would like another pair of tights from them (the knee patches are a more solid, durable breech) and was curious how "sticky" these were. Unfortunately FITS doesn't have much in the way of knee patch breeches.

Any suggestions for a similar tight that is knee patch?

I have a number of FITS full seats and like 'em enough to try those lite breeches. They provide surprising support given how lightweight they are. The fabric is sturdy enough that there's no obvious orange-peel effect around my thighs.

Since I typically wear FS, I don't notice that the stickiness is either distracting or non-existent.
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

Just got a pair from Smartpak yesterday. At first glance I was concerned because the fabric is VERY thin (not like regular Fits at all) and I thought it might show every bump, but they look okay on -of course I got black. That said the sticky bumps are very small and don't feel particularly sticky -again not like regular Fits more like those Sticky-bum britches . Won't be able to ride in them for a while -it's still too cold here!

Thanks, if you ride in them soon let me know how they are. I hate the "stuck" feeling I get in the saddle with full seats. the real leather ones (like FITS) arent as bad but its still a little much for me.

I'm open to other brand suggestions also- FITS only seems to have nice colours in the full seat deerskin breeches this year... :-(
    I don't show so I have fun with my colour assortments. :-)

The only problem I have with the Treads Lite breeches is that they are SO lightweight and SO comfy, I have to check to make sure I'm not naked They are definitely a summer-weight breech, but INCREDIBLY comfy, and I bet that if you don't like the "bulk" of a full-seat breech, these will be right up your alley.

My new Treads Lite arrived in the mail today. I haven't tried them on yet, but yes, they are VERY lightweight. Think cycling shorts light. Yikes! I'll ride in them this weekend and report back.

Small waist, big butt & thighs here. I have always had a horrible time finding breeches that fit - even in my long-gone skinny days. If they're big enough in the butt, I can usually fit another whole person in the waist. AAAARGH! Story of my life. When I saw the regular FITS pull-ons on a 20ish girl at the barn a few years ago, I thought they looked really cool, but there was NO WAY I'd be able to wear them. When I finally had a chance to try them on, boy was I surprised. Now I'm hooked.

I'll let you know how the stickiness compares to the regular breeches.

I bought the winter treads. They're definitely a lot less sticky than the deerskin, and I thought they were less grippy than clarino. They are very comfortable, but definitely not the breeches I grabbed when my horse had had a few days off

I've been hesitant to try the summer ones after riding in the winter ones, so I'm curious about others' experiences too!

Sheryl from FITS here. I always wear test our products and wore the Treads Lite all last summer They are not as sticky as our deerskin but they do have pretty darn good grip. If you try some on in a store, sit in a saddle and you will see. Even in the Sahara color they kind to figure flaws. This winter I found that I was happy wearing these to the gym to work out too! Very multi purpose! Hope you all like them.

1 members found this post helpful.

... _. ._ .._. .._

I have several pairs of enduracools (from Equibrit's link), and they are awesome for hot weather riding. They really live up to their "cool" billing, and are super comfortable.

Heads up though - the fabric is thin, and snug, and will show EVERY figure flaw!

Sheryl - thanks for the info. They sound like great breeches!

I've now worn mine a couple of times. I wash in cold water and line dry ... still look and feel great. Sheryl is right, even the Sahara is "friendly".
    *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
    Dressage becomes art when it is a joy for the horse. -KBH

Mighty Thoroughbred Clique Now on Facebook ... ... show the loff

What GreyDes said about the winter treads. I find them to be actually kinda slick in the saddle, so I use them on days when I feel pretty sure Figgy will NOT be frisky. I just bought a pair of the summer weight ones and hope to try them early next week. I hope they're stickier than the winter ones.

Adore the leather seat FITS! Do NOT like the low-rise synthetic patch ones. Low-rise and my body were NOT made for each other.

I love tropical riders and have a pair of white and titanium enduracools for shows. That said, if jackets are waived I would never ride jacketless -- pairly due to figure flaws and partly the thin-ness of the material and a certain "full monty" look. Think shiny pair of hose.

I am dying to try the FITS breeches, now more than ever. If they can provide that balance of lightness and modesty, I'm there!
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog
    BTBbrowbands.com
    Unique browbands for dressage and hunter riders