The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ouch!

Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Proud owner of one Lunar acre! (Campanus Crater, The Moon)

He can protest all he wants. All I can say is, "Liar, liar, pants on fire!" Just look at the picks and listen to the lame excuse/protest. Seriously, in Europe these people make WAY too much money and get away with murder.
    "Relinquish your whip!!"

1 members found this post helpful.

I am curious why he was issued a yellow card. Blood would eliminate him from the competition....but a yellow card wouldn't be issued. Perhaps in addition "abuse of horse" or "improper behavior"?

How does one's leg get that far back? I've seen people swing their legs in the tempis, but I can't see the leg being effective that far back. It is a shame, regardless.

Does anyone feel like this has happened to Rapcewicz before?? I'm feeling major deja vu reading that article...
    In order to think outside the box, one must first know what is in the box.

I see one small picture with blood - are there larger ones?

While my guess is they were pretty positive it's from spurs to give a yellow card, my TB has gotten wounds from blankets rubbing (I have to go with softer ones which don't last as long) and I got rid of some winter boots because the wrinkles in the ankle were enough to make his thin skin bleed.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed

Quote Originally Posted by ken View Post
    How does one's leg get that far back? I've seen people swing their legs in the tempis, but I can't see the leg being effective that far back. It is a shame, regardless.
    This is what I am wondering as well.

How do you swing your leg that far back either
    a.) hard enough or
    b.) repeatedly enough to gouge the horse?

I can see getting spur rubs from right where the leg normally hangs from a repeated rub rub rub (and on thin skinned horses this can happen from completely non aggressive spur use) but I don't get how that picture being a spur injury would be physically possible unless the rider was having a prolonged lower leg seizure.

I do think the stewards should check two things:
    1.) whether there is blood on the horse and
    2.) whether there is ALSO blood on the spur

This would prevent a fly bite on the horse's neck, for example, from being deemed a "spur mark."

I agree that's way up there. I mean i can get my leg up there if I wanted but I don't and I dont see why his leg would be that far up enough to cause blood from the spur. It doesn't make since and imleaning more toward his side of the story.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

I've only gouged my horse with my spur once in a similar place... And it happened thanks to a big and VERY PISSED OFF buck during a rare but particularly fiery redhead moment. I was unseated and didn't feel like hitting the dirt that day. Needless to say I did not feel bad for him in the least - karma is a b*#$& Not sure how else a spur mark would happen in that location, it's obviously a completely useless place to aid for anything.

http://www.dressage-international.com/?p=10930

Polish rider Michal Rapcewicz has been eliminated from the Zhashkov’s Central European League World Cup Final because blood was find on both sides at the height of the spurs on Randon.

President of the Ground Jury the Ukrainian Larysa Velyka eliminated Rapcewicz on a report from Polish Jan Posluzny the FEI Chief Stewart in Zhashkov and issued a yellow disciplinary card on the rider, two yellow cards within one year and a two months suspension is automatically triggered.

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

So the yellow card from the dresage-international.com has the same box marked as the yellow card in the dressage-news article that came out several days ago "Non-compliance with protective headgear rule".

I took that to be an example of what a 'yellow card' looks like

Yup- I think thats just a generic graphic of a yellow card.

This video is from 2010, but pause at 5:00, 5:01, and 5:02 for those who wonder how he gets his leg back there. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETv2u67KxhI
    Last edited by alicen; Apr. 3, 2013 at 05:51 PM. Reason: forgot link

If that's the mark they are talking about, the saddle pad doesn't come anywhere near it, so I'm finding it hard to buy that one.

That guy has got some seriously long legs, I don't think he would find it that hard to get them that far back.

Poor horse.

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    That guy has got some seriously long legs, I don't think he would find it that hard to get them that far back.
    Poor horse.
    Nope, not hard at all. He just has to bend his knee and lift his heel. It's interesting, though, because, except for the tempi changes, he rides with his leg forward.

Quote Originally Posted by joiedevie99 View Post
    Yup- I think thats just a generic graphic of a yellow card.
    Could be but it's a generic graphic with the box for headgear marked

Everything about that photo is ugly.

Does anyone feel like this has happened to Rapcewicz before?? I'm feeling major deja vu reading that article...
    Me too but I don't think it was a yellow card . I think it was a questionable? warm up video that some one claimed on here or elsewhere was ed gal but it was not ed gal , it was this guy.

I don't remember what was in the video but I remember the name

Quote Originally Posted by atr View Post
    If that's the mark they are talking about, the saddle pad doesn't come anywhere near it, so I'm finding it hard to buy that one.

Poor horse.
    Depends how the horse bends for lateral work - I could absolutely see the saddle pad doing that to my horse if I used the wrong one during lateral work - he's very short-backed and short-coupled, and he bends a lot - he could just about end up with rub marks on the point of his hip.

ETA: I'm not saying he's innocent. My tendency is to believe the official who gave the yellow card, though of course I don't know where the truth is in this situation. I'm just saying his claim isn't as absurd as it might seem at first glance.
    My horse is a dressage diva so I don't have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by katarine
    If you have a fat gay horse that likes Parelli, you're really screwed