The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Red face Spinoff: Things that your SO does that you like!

A spin off from the awesome, "drives you nuts" thread. What are some things that your SO's do that balance out the farting, chomping, long shower taking annoyances?

My DH is wonderful about letting me sleep in on the weekends, and getting up with the dogs in the middle of the night.

He also lets me hog the remote and will watch re-runs of Desperate Housewives with minimal fuss.

He cleans off my car for me in the winter time.

He's also been amazing about not complaining about the house being a wreck at the moment. He knows that the name of the game at the moment is 'stand up and throw up'.

I could go on for a few pages, but we'll just leave it at he's awesome. And he's quite dashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

2 members found this post helpful.

He man handles the round bales for me.
    He rubs my feet with lotion ;-)
    He picks up our badass little Chi mix and baby talks to him.
    He builds a fire in our firepit and puts a chair and a glass of wine there and calls me outside.
    He treats my daughter as if she was his own.

His "pros" definitely outweigh his "cons" lol
    Kerri

4 members found this post helpful.

Well, I like most of what DH does - I wouldn't have married someone who drove me crazy. But beyond the "we like the same music and movies and TV shows stuff":

He cooks and bakes - probably about 90% of our meals are mostly prepared by him. My waistline may not appreciate it, but I really dislike cooking, so it's an overall plus in my book.

He CLEANS the kitchen after doing said cooking and baking. 90% of dishes in our house are washed by him. He's kind of crazy about keeping the countertops clean too.

He's incredibly kind and gentle with all animals. He's a big softy.
    In order to think outside the box, one must first know what is in the box.

Hubby leaves for work at 5:30am but never forgets to clean off my car for me so I don't have to.

He also is an incredibly hard worker...we're both 21 and I don't know how many guys his age that work 6 days a week to pay for our home, and volunteer with our fire company which has him tied up two nights a week plus calls. Oh and he still finds the time to do little things like bring my favorite ice cream home for me, or do a load of laundry.

He puts up with all of my animals and keeps his complaining about vet bills to a minimum.

He also deals with the fact that we share our bed with our two dogs most nights.

He's a doll, really...even if he farts and waves it at me.

6 members found this post helpful.

He tells me stories he's made up--crazy little fairy tale adventure things. And he can make this stuff up on the spot, anytime we're waiting in a restaurant or train station or wherever. The most recent was about "Toadling Bob," a tadpole who liked to ride over waterfalls.

He adores little animals and will rescue them. Spider crawling on the floor? Scoop it up and put it outside. Dog wandering along the road? Go house to house until he finds its owner.

He leaves me cute little notes with pictures.

He has a wacky sense of adventure and no embarrassment, which leads to things like driving through a parking lot with a stuffed purple cow, making the cow "wave" to everyone he passes.

He loves my cat, even after she bit him.
    The hooves of the horses! Oh witching and sweet is the music earth steals from the iron-shod feet. Will Ogilvie

He folds all clothes. He makes the coffee every single morning. He especially does all my socks, and folds all my 6,000 tee shirts. Oh I have 6,000 pairs of undies and socks too. ha ha.

He is a GREAT guy.

He is going to be gone on business for a month. I will have to buy all new socks I told him. There will be nobody to fold my socks together. boo hoo.

Guess I will have to live out of the laundry basket until he returns.

boo hoo.

Tells me a woman can never have too many saddles if I mention I need a better fitting one for one of the horses. Went from city slicker to country farm owner for me.

He gets up with me at 5:30 am even when he doesn't have to. He always makes the coffee. He does dishes. He does laundry (and knows to leave my delicates alone!) He's a great cook, and he's also a great baker. He takes care of the lawn in summer and the snow in winter. He hooks up my horse trailer for me.

He's the sweetest guy ever, even though he looks like a deadly tough biker, tats, shaved head, beard and all. He loves my Dad (the only parent we have left between us). I have seen him cry on more than one occasion.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

HunterKid, your hubby sounds like mine. The stinkier the fart, the harder he waves it

MY DH is awesome, I could make a list. One of my favorite things is watching him play with our nieces. Makes me smile and think of when we have our own rugrats one day.

And he always pumps the gas

1 members found this post helpful.

A million different things!
    Holds my hand while we drive around.
    Loves our horses as much as I do.
    Welcomed our newest gelding who we rescued, because it was the right thing to do.
    Makes me coffee in the mornings
    Sends funny emails when he is at work
    Loves all of our kitties.
    Does not complain if I want to go to the tack shop - and often will come and browse with me!
    This is just the beginning!
    D.
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

Thumbs up to all these great guys.

Mine does dishes. Rides horses because I do. Takes care of all the vehicles, lawn and farm equipment, power tools. Puts my work bags in the car in the morning for me. Lots more. He can read a book and do anything. He built my last house for me after reading a few books! Did most of the work on framing, electrical, rough-in plumbing, all sort of stuff he shouldn't know how to do being at attorney.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    ¯ Oscar Wilde

My husband always did the dishes. And he made breakfast every Saturday morning. It was fantastic. That's probably why I haven't remarried. I think it would be hard to find one who'd do the dishes without being asked.

Oh, and he never once complained about how much horses and all their stuff cost.

Priceless.

3 members found this post helpful.

Thought of more: he puts the cat food dishes and the wet cat food out for me in the morning if he leaves earlier than I do. He warms up my coffee cup by putting hot water in it so cup is toasty when I get out of the shower. Empties the dishwasher. I NEVER have to ask him to do any chore around the house, if he sees it needs doing he does it. He vacuums. He has (at my request) polished silver. He is in sole charge of recyclables and trash.

Gee, what do I do? Just kidding - I do all errands, groceries, most of the cooking, pay for the cleaning lady, and make most of the money, among other things.
    What's wrong with you?? Your cheese done slid off its cracker?!?!

Single at the moment, but my fondest ex-SO is the one that threw hay with me And not only didn't complain, but was *excited*
    Quarry Rat

What do I like/love about my husband?

He learns to like and eventually love the starved stray cat that wandered to our property which I adopted, despite his aversion to cats and is allergic to them, and when she went missing (for a week) was really distraught about it. I know he accepted her into the house because of me. I also love it when he let the cat crawl on his wide chest and nap there contently.

I find it utterly cute when I come home and find the arena freshly groomed, and he sits at his little sitting room, eagerly waiting for me to to find him and thank him.

He indulges and supports my horse obsession despite his no intention in riding at all. He hauls my horses to shows and is my number one braider/video photographer.

I love it that I can sit in his lap and contemplate and debate with him how in the world we have managed to marry to each other for so long (fifteen years and been together for eighteen.) We also debate the merit or dis-merit of monogamy - we both agree that it's against nature's design, - despite us being faithful to each other since the day we were together.

Oh and of course I love it when he tells me that I'm pretty and he loves me.
    Last edited by Gloria; Apr. 3, 2013 at 04:01 PM.

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

He loves my daughter like she was his from the get go.

Always kisses me when he leaves.

Will get the kids settled with juice, movie etc before he leaves on the weekends and tells them not to wake me up.

Works 7 days a week, minimum 12 hours to provide for us. Then comes home and rubs my feet which are killing me in this pregnancy.

Never acts all macho with other guys, always checks with me before committing to something.

Always pats my hip or backside when we are near each other, no matter who is looking. And calls me Sweet Cheeks.

Lets me have all the parties I want, for any reason. Halloween, 4th of July, its spring and I want a cook out, hey we have brush to burn...
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

He rough-houses like a madman with our rugrats (human kids). He takes them fishing, plays baseball...any sport, he's game. He's such a good dad.

He has the most awesome 80's dance moves of anyone on the planet.

He keeps the garage cleaner than seems possible.
    "And now," cried Max, "let the wild rumpus start!"

Does the laundry. Loves doing laundry.
    Lets me hog the remote, also.
    Lets me play MY music when we're groovin' on Friday night. And swears he loves most of it
    Makes a perfect grilled cheese sam when I don't want to cook.
    Never bugs me about spending my money.

The BEST:

Never saying a negative thing when he watched me sign a $500 check each month for 7 years to the barn 3 states away where my old horse retired. In fact, he always said, "OF COURSE he must have a wonderful retirement! He's Edward!"

I'm so in love.

3 members found this post helpful.

Mine lets me be me, which can be hard.

I'm a social butterfly and work almost exclusively with alpha males, so a lot of my interactions with my coworkers can be seen as threatening to a sig other. He's not concerned a tiny bit.

He worries about my safety, and right now is fixated on my vest because its 5th birthday is this month, and bullet "proof" vests are the same as helmets when it comes to expiring.

I am normally a very happy person, and operate in a happy sunshiny emotion 90 percent of the time, but to offset this, I go totally nuclear when I'm angry...he deals with my fits with equanimity instead of rising to the occasion, knowing I'll come down off the ceiling in about two minutes.

He rarely says no.

He tickles me just to hear me giggle, and tells me so.
    Aisha, my heart from 03/06/1986 to 08/22/2008.

COTH's official mini-donk enabler.
    Odie, aka the Evil Burrito, is on Facebook.

These are making me smile! What a great group of COTH SO's we have.

I've got a few more to add...

He rarely says no when it comes to the horses needing something, and always insists that we get the best that we can afford.

Puts up with it when I let my little dog sleep on the bed, even though he HATES the idea of animals on the furniture. He's told me he does it because he knows it makes me happy.

Lets me drive, because he knows his driving makes me car sick.

He's an AWESOME cook.

Will happily handle any confrontational situation that I'm too chicken too, no matter what it is. He knows I hate to hurt people's feelings, even if they deserve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.