The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Congrats!! Can't wait to see pics! I hope she turns out to be as nice or nicer than mine! I love my little girl.
    Jessica Bortner-Harris
    www.rockystartstables.com
    "Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

What a pretty family Buddha makes! Congratulations on your new one!

A friend took a little video the day I got the filly and just sent it to me. So here she is (we are calling her Razz---show name Framboise (after the Belgium beer Lindemans Framboise---I've got a beer naming theme going right now ) Her canter looks better when she settled. Not too bad for a free horse! She was born chestnut and is greying out...so kinda pink right now.

We are now able to catch her and working on consistent handling. When we get her cleaned up I'll take some pictures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix0Ff...ature=youtu.be

ETA: Not my voice on the video!
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Apr. 10, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
    ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

I just wanted to share a really awesome thing that happened because of this old post. I had commented about a Buddha son that was very special to me named Peace Sign that had lost track of and had been trying to find, but I haven't seen him in almost 10 years. Last week I got an email from a lady who now owns him! She recently figured out his tattoo and in searching to learn more about him, found this post and reached out to me. We exchanged photos and chatted about his past and present. Even more wonderful, is that he somehow made his way several states over from where I last tracked him to, and he now lives less than an hour from my hometown, so I'm planning to go see him when I visit my family next.

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBreeze View Post
    I just wanted to share a really awesome thing that happened because of this old post. I had commented about a Buddha son that was very special to me named Peace Sign that had lost track of and had been trying to find, but I haven't seen him in almost 10 years. Last week I got an email from a lady who now owns him! She recently figured out his tattoo and in searching to learn more about him, found this post and reached out to me. We exchanged photos and chatted about his past and present. Even more wonderful, is that he somehow made his way several states over from where I last tracked him to, and he now lives less than an hour from my hometown, so I'm planning to go see him when I visit my family next.
    That's terrific!

Quote Originally Posted by BansheeBreeze View Post
    Very cool! My filly posted on this thread is all grown up. She took to eventing like a fish to water. Even doing a Prelim and then was sold into a fantastic home. Buddha babies are certainly nice horses.
    ** Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip. ~Winston Churchill? **

1 members found this post helpful.

Happy to hear all this good news! I got a chance to chat with Buddha's trainer a few years ago and his comment was that Buddha was the smartest horse he had ever trained. He also referred to his problem feet.

My gelding has been happily barefoot for three years now. He can't work on a gravelly surface but is otherwise generally sound. We've even started jumping him a little and he has been teaching an up and coming teenage rider how to deal with a quirky horse. At 11, he is still as opinionated, smart, goofy, sensitive and playful as ever. He is turned out with a bunch of ponies and indeed, he has the mind of a Shetland pony disguised in a TB body.