The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Find photos of OTTB

She only raced once and didn't win. Her owner didn't have any photos, but I was hoping that maybe a foal photo would have to be submitted with any kind of registration? Breeder's Cup? JC?

Quote Originally Posted by bellsandwhistles View Post
    She only raced once and didn't win. Her owner didn't have any photos, but I was hoping that maybe a foal photo would have to be submitted with any kind of registration? Breeder's Cup? JC?
    maybe the breeder has one.

One lady got a free lease on a fantastic filly from the farm though, they were only too happy to share the baby pictures with her.

If the old owner doesn't have one, try the breeder. I think they might need a photo with the JC, but maybe not...the only other suggestion would be see where she placed in that one race--if she was near the front she might be in the win picture anyway.

She was one of the last three to cross the finish line and they retired her right after that race. She showed no potential

I talked with the previous owner, who also appears to be the breeder. She said she had no photos. I looked for record of her at yearling sales but no luck, which makes me think that the lady I bought her from was the breeder and the only owner (as well as some other things she mentioned). I just heard back from the Jockey Club and they said they can't release her registration photos without permission. I feel sort of embarrassed asking the previous owner for that permission, I don't want her to feel like I'm bothering her after already being told she had no baby pictures.
    Last edited by bellsandwhistles; Apr. 3, 2013 at 06:03 PM. Reason: clarity

she might mean that she does not have any copies and lost the negatives! I think the foal pictures I saw were actual polaroids!

I am sure you can phrase it politely when you ask for permission to get the JC pictures!