The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

...or to make money from the proceeds of her crime via book, tv, movie, etc.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by lovey1121 View Post
    This is an interesting video made by a deputy warden from AZ, all about what JA has to look forward to in the Perryville Prison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJTBL...&feature=share
    Not the most eloquent speaker, but I sure hope the guy is accurate. Has she already been taken to that prison, or is she still in Estrella Jail? If she's gone to the prison then maybe we can look forward to a very different looking Jody come 18Jul.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

She is still in the Estrella jail, but under lockdown 23 hours a day and the sheriff has cut off any interviews. So, she can sit on her sorry arse and think about what's she's done = or not. Probably not. She's too psycho and narcissistic to think of anything except how it affects her. Hoping the next jury has heard all the stuff the last one didn't and gives her the death penalty. What she did was past horrific. JMHO
    PennyG

Is there no such thing as human rights? Even for the guilty

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by tabula rashah View Post
    Wow- I apparently have been spending all my time working and riding because I'd never heard of this chick and I had to go look her up. CRAZY
    Good for you!!! Me either. I did catch the synopsis on CNN. I think she is guilty as hell and should rot there. With that said... What I find most sickening is people's obsession with this trial. There were people trying to sell their seats in the courtroom. People leaving their jobs in other states to go watch. People cheering in the streets when the guilty verdict came in. Like a damn sporting event. The human race and its gruesome curiousity just baffles me sometimes.

4 members found this post helpful.

Actually Foxtrot, the rights of convicted felons are curtailed. In many states they have to apply to vote, but only after their sentence is finished. The jail or prison administrators screen mail incoming and outgoing for criminal enterprises, and conspiracies. Some people still manage to run gangs on the outside, when they're on the inside. Prisoners can't use the internet, and only have limited library access, mostly for legal matters.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

don't care

It is not the curtailing of freedoms I'm concerned about - it is crossing the line of human rights and safety for inmates.

Has anyone found a good read about her prior to Travis? I keep wondering who was this chick and how did she go so far off the rails? The bit about her defending herself was weird too - that showed that she wasn't actually insane, although one has to be abnormal somehow in order to commit a crime like that.

I didn't follow it either, but it is interesting now that it is mostly over.

It IS interesting if you know what actually happened and what is still happening The lawyers' machinations, the wacko defense expert witnesses, the strident, obsessed DA, the manipulation of mass and social media by both sides-now the jury foreman has let the world know that he bought her abuse story and he lames blame on the judge and the system for not being clear that this jury would be deciding life or death. Its an ultra-modern tragedy full of intriguing twists and turns.

..what is it that makes someone turn out like that?

The so-called kinky sex mentioned seemed to me rather run of the mill role playing and phone sex. Might seem kinky to Mormons, the sect of which both killer and victim were members.

I was on fence about Jodi until I looked at autopsy photos. She carved him up like a turkey on Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by BabyGreen; May. 27, 2013 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot's View Post
    ..what is it that makes someone turn out like that?

DNA