The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I live in Arizona and had to open this post to find out how she killed the boyfriend.
    I keep seeing trailers for the 10:00 news with Jodi updates, but have only watched one. Prison interviews from fellow inmates telling about what a kind, sweet, and helpful person she is. Really?
    Oh well, wouldn't place a bet on how this trial is going to end.
    www.ctannerjensen.com
    http://ctannerjensen.blogspot.com/
    Equine Art capturing the essence of the grace,strength, and beauty of the Sport Horse."

Jail is a very controlled society. Of course she is kind, sweet, helpful, found the Lord, oh and also has a website to sell her hour glass art work.

She can be crazy in jail, on death row.

I have no idea how this will end. ala casey anthony, gee nobody knows. Maybe since she is so sweet, Jodi will go onto be famous? Unlike CA. Not sure you can live down killing somebody so violently. But then CA is out and about to be free.

She's not just crazy, she is evil. I too feel terribly for his family & friends. The media & parasites of society (myself included) can get sucked in for the drama & shock value, but he died a heinous death. Some guys dig crazy, but he got more than he bargained for. The fact that she thinks she can get out of it (and might) makes it even more nuts. Cases like this make me really question the whole judged by your peers system. To think, that before this crime, she could have served on a jury - scares the crap out of me.

I have been watching this trial from work everyday...She is flucking nuts!! I hope she gets the death penalty...there will never be enough justice for what Travis went thru and what his family will go thru for the rest of their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    Every defendant, the motorcycle gang members, their girlfriends, hookers, etc., all come into court with haircuts and nice clothing. That's why prosecutors always have pictures of them when they were arrested. So the jurors know that old Jodi is playing a role for court.

I've had jurors tell me that my judge should get a new suit, and that a defense lawyer wore the same suit each day. Jurors notice everything. The Great Speckled Bird, a newspaper in Atlanta, once covered the murder for hire trial of Orkin, the heir to the exterminating company, and said the prosecutor in that case had 2 suits: "Blue and blue."

She's just trying to avoid the death penalty. And she might, because someone is going to feel sorry for her. The dead cannot come into court and tell their side of the story. (Except once when I had a 911 tape of a driver who was being chased down, and murdered, on I-285.)
    Oh man, those Orkin people were a crazy bunch. Didn't the old man pay the hit something like $500 to do the job? So of course when the hit got caught he sang like a bird.

I've watched a significant amount of the trial and what I still don't understand is why did she not plead insanity? She likely would have gotten away with doing that!

I still don't think the dwindling jury will convict her of 1st degree murder. Manslaughter, yes.

I would hope she gets more than 1st degree, it was premeditated.

Quote Originally Posted by enzobaby01 View Post
    I would hope she gets more than 1st degree, it was premeditated.
    I agree with you, it was premeditated. But I don't think they're *proving* that it was. Unfortunately.
    Kerri

So. Mistrial. Hung jury after premeditated murder with exceptional cruelty. 8 for the DP, 4 for Life. Next jury gets the case for sentencing July 18. Thoughts?

I was very relieved this psychopath was convicted, and I hope the next jury comes to a decision. I can't believe if this woman had been found not guilty and released, that she wouldn't have killed again.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

1 members found this post helpful.

She's a psychopath who has convinced some of those jurors not to vote for the death penalty. If the next jury doesn't give her the death penalty, she'll be like OJ, always in the news, always giving interviews. And she'll have men sending her money and wanting to marry her.

She's given many interviews while in prison. Many of them since she was convicted. Attention ho as well as psychopath. She is loving every minute of the attention.

She and Nancy Grace should get married!

ETA I would like to know what she did before she met this guy. she cannot have relationships without weird sex and crazy behavior if men broke up with her. She has to have at least stalked ex-BFs before this.

3 members found this post helpful.

She is quite clear that she wouldn't kill again...unless... http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/t/video/jo...008514%2Cd.dmg

Keep in kind that this interview is just after she was convicted of extreme cruelty. Strike 2 of the Death Penalty 3.

Idiot jury.

I believe when they said guilty the first round, 8 said 1st and aggravated, and 4 said 1st degree only. And this is how the split went for when the third round was decided. 8-4 DEATH. Should be a majority. Every state is different, be cautious where you do your crime.

IF this was a man who did this crime there would have been no question and he would be on death row, just like Scott Peterson and the others. WHY is it so hard to give the death penalty to a woman? Ilene Wournos they gave the DP and she is now dead.

I am glad she will be having no more interviews from jail. Go Sheriff!

I wonder if they will show the repeat of the third phase again on tv. I would prefer to just learn the results when it is over.

I bet their will be new lawyers for her and they right away have it moved out of that county.

Hopefully the new jury will decide fast.

Jodi's family can see her in jail. Travis' will always be 30 years old forever. Sad.

Needle her.

2 members found this post helpful.

My boss got me sucked into this after I set up a live feed on her computer for her. Knew the demon creature was evil and guilty as hell.

Do not understand how a jury can find aggravated muder 1 and then eff it all up by throwing in the towel after 13 hours.

But then I heard the jury foreman on all the news shows. He's the only one that's talking and crack is whack. He goes on and on about how he thought she didn't look like a murderer and that she was abused even though he didn't buy self defense. And she was crucified by public opinion.

He looks like a dirty old man. Bet he was one of the hold outs for life. Probably had the hots for Stabby.

2 members found this post helpful.

This is an interesting video made by a deputy warden from AZ, all about what JA has to look forward to in the Perryville Prison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJTBL...&feature=share

1 members found this post helpful.

Dreamswept, love your nickname for her Stabby.

The foreman probably had the hots for her. Maybe they will marry. Then he will get older - more older than he is, and she will do the stabbing on him to get his 401k. "off with that weanie - it doesn't work any more." And off with your head because . . . .

I have reasoned that if people who are believing her story, if they had THEIR loved one killed, would they think she is so sweet then? Shoe on the other foot, and then what say you?

I do think she has been all about appeal, and getting off on appeal. Which is why she is not saying anything about her being sorry. Still playing the innocent card.

It is casey anthony all over again.

Canadian here -

The thought of the death penalty gives me the creeps. It is absolutely
    disgusting the way the media (CNN in particular) have used this and played it up endlessly on tv..guilty probably - but to make this dreadful story their front and center is ghoulish. No respect for any of them.
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

You folks seriously have nothing better to do than watch this train wreck?

If you have this much spare time and are so wealthy you don't need to work, try volunteering at a homeless shelter or an animal rescue.

When you look at what happened in London to that poor British soldier, what she did isn't much different. He was hit by a car first, her bf was shot first. Afterwards the crime was similar.

She's just hoping for an in-jail reality show I think.

Her punishment should be to never be discussed/interviewed/appeals court time and money wasted on her/or be seen or have her image seen in public again.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

3 members found this post helpful.