The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If she did conceal her car tag (which detail I obviously missed), it does speak of premeditated murder. But, what I don't get is, it takes a lot of rage to do the damage she did. I mean, a cold blooded killer kills. They don't linger and do more damage than necessary to the body. It takes forever to stab someone twenty something times, not to mention exposing yourself more risks by lingering by the crime scene. If she enjoys the killing like some psychos do, I can see it. But that was not what happened (she would have been a serial killer if she enjoyed it). All that stabbing say rage, and I don't see how any person (regardless manipulative or not) can do it while maintaining a cool head, which is the premise of premeditation.

Gloria, she could have started out "cool-headed"-or cold-blooded, but she may have snapped when he didn't die right away-my guess is that she stabbed him in the chest, hitting the vena cava, first, probably in the shower, where he was cornered. Then she went postal on him when he managed to stagger out to the sink, where she began stabbing him in the back and head.

The fact that TA sent her emails 5 days before stating in no uncertain terms that she was psychotic and that he never wanted to see her again, plus the gas cans, plus turning off her phone, plus not telling her friends or family that she was going to AZ, plus dyeing her hair from platinum to brown the day before she left, say premeditation to me.

Last night I saw/heard police tapes of her mother and father (stepdad?) and boy howdy they shed a very unfavorable light on JA - crazy, bipolar, mercurial personality changes, especially in the year before the murder.

I think she definitely planned to murder if TA didn't act the way she wanted him to, but I don't think she will get the death penalty--I expect a hung jury or 2nd degree.

1 members found this post helpful.

There was a woman who tied her hubby to the bed and stabbed him a couple hundred times, with 2 different knives, then buried him in the backyard. She was found guilty. So the "norm" may to not linger, but there are those out of the norm. I can't imagine being so angry and enraged to take this long amount of time to shoot, or stab somebody.

Here it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Wright_(murderer)

And this is interesting too:

http://marinascrimesolutionblog.blog...r-husband.html

I did a search on: woman stabs husband and LOTS came up. And she (chick above) claimed SELF DEFENSE.

Jodi took off the license plate, then put it back on upside down.

If the gun was not hers, then why can't she go find it in the desert, prove it was not hers? Or perhaps when she tossed a big flower bouquet into his grave, the gun was concealed in the flowers????? They won't find the gun if it is in his grave.

Three letters: B S C
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

Wow- I apparently have been spending all my time working and riding because I'd never heard of this chick and I had to go look her up. CRAZY
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by rmh_rider View Post
    If the gun was not hers, then why can't she go find it in the desert, prove it was not hers? Or perhaps when she tossed a big flower bouquet into his grave, the gun was concealed in the flowers????? They won't find the gun if it is in his grave.
    My take is that the gun was indeed hers, or rather, her grandparents'. She doesn't remember where she dumped the gun in the desert because she was still in THE FOG. She went into THE FOG after she shot him, which she claims was in self-defense and the first wound. Then THE FOG descends and she claims to remember nothing, not one of the 29 stab wounds or the throat slitting, until THE FOG clears when she is in the middle of the desert on her way to Utah to meet her new boyfriend /target. Finding the gun is not something she wants to see happen, since she claims it was TA's.

She was not at the funeral--according to others, she had planned on being there but called someone and claimed a flat tire. She has testified that she didn't think she could pull off showing up at the funeral, though she made it to the memorial. The primary detective on the case said that JA was suggested as a suspect in the very first conversation the police had with those who found the body.

Oh, I didn't know she didn't attend the funeral. Hmmm. But she should know where she put the gun besides "in the desert". Good grief.

Yes, I believe 110% the gun was her grandparents. BUT, she *says* otherwise.

I love your THE FOG. Yeah, how stoopid is she. Hopefully the jury is not FL STOOPID.

I can't wait for this to end. I want to listen to the prosecutor's closing though. Should be really great.

When I listen to the trial it is online, no commercials. But, I won't listen until the closing of the prosecutor. It has jumped the shark. I hope the jury doesn't do a casey anthony. sigh.

BSC ?? Clueless here.

bat sheeeeeet crazy!
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

rmh, I'm thinking she certainly does know the general whereabouts of the gun - I believe she had to cross a dam to get to Utah? Maybe she chucked it into the water or drove off road into the desert to dump it- but she certainly doesn't want anyone to find it, because if its the gun that went byebye during the "burglary" at her grandparents' home right before the murder, a shell casing was found at the crime scene, so finding the gun would allow them to match gun to bullet and casing and therefore premeditation would be a SLAMDUNK.

I love how they have her dressed up like a mousy little preschool teacher from 1989, when all the previous pics have her looking like a bleach blonde trampy looking thing.

If the sexes were reversed in this case the guy would be hitting death row in no time. Hopefully the jurors don't buy the pack of lies she seems to get such a kick out of telling!

3 members found this post helpful.

Volvo-apparently she adopts the dress and persona of those around her. She is now channeling her defense attorney.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

Every defendant, the motorcycle gang members, their girlfriends, hookers, etc., all come into court with haircuts and nice clothing. That's why prosecutors always have pictures of them when they were arrested. So the jurors know that old Jodi is playing a role for court.

I've had jurors tell me that my judge should get a new suit, and that a defense lawyer wore the same suit each day. Jurors notice everything. The Great Speckled Bird, a newspaper in Atlanta, once covered the murder for hire trial of Orkin, the heir to the exterminating company, and said the prosecutor in that case had 2 suits: "Blue and blue."

She's just trying to avoid the death penalty. And she might, because someone is going to feel sorry for her. The dead cannot come into court and tell their side of the story. (Except once when I had a 911 tape of a driver who was being chased down, and murdered, on I-285.)

I definitely don't think that she will be found guilty of first degree murder or receive the death penalty. She'll get manslaughter (although she deserves much more). I think it's hard for a jury to convict a woman who LOOKS so placid and innocent and Alyce Laviolette is definitely helping her case - a much more creidble witness than Dr Dick Samuels.

From what I saw, juror #5 was NOT on Jodi's side, hence why Jodi was all smiles when they returned to the courtroom from the judges chambers and judge kicked her out. Apparently juror #5 had been making faces at other female jurors during Jodi's testimony.

Can't wait for Juan to question Laviolette. His intensity is somewhat unnecessary but it makes for good TV!

I do not understand the fascination with this trial and all the money spent on it. I also did not understand the fascination with Casey Anthony's trial. Why does anyone watch this stuff?

Listened to it yesterday afternoon/evening to and from the barn. The defense attorney and witness drove me insane with their dragged out nonsense. Then they called it a day again after 2 hours since the witness didn't feel good?!?

I was involved in a trial where the other side was totally unprepared. Second day when testimony finally began, their attorney feigned chest pains and a mistrial was declared. He was seen by other friends of mine 3 days later at a party. When the trail was rescheduled, they didn't show up - they had a "calendar error". Not thrown out because minor children were some of the plaintiffs.

Aren't there some kind of severe sanctions for that kind of "sick day" nonsense?!?
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I cannot believe that the judge is allowing this drawn-out respewing from this witness by the defense

I wonder if the defense is trying to keep the abuse expert on the stand through today, not allowing the prosecutor to start grilling her until Monday (they don't have court on Fridays-beats me why), to allow the jurors to keep her opinions in their heads all weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpnow View Post
    I do not understand the fascination with this trial and all the money spent on it. I also did not understand the fascination with Casey Anthony's trial. Why does anyone watch this stuff?

we are all idiots. we are billionaires with nothing better to do but watch tv and rail bird here on COTH. we are all morbidly obese and we watch tv all day long. we have nothing to do in our lives but watch what goes on in our earth.

you are so more than important than we are, you have other things to do besides watch tv, and keep up with current events. wow. you are cool. maybe you are the one keeping casey anthony safe and sound at your house. i bet she watches tv and eats and does nothing else at your house. or is she caring for your children (be it horse, cat, dog, human, etc) while you are away from your important life and job? which we have none because we are billionaires with no life.

where is my remote, oh i dropped it in the couch. . . . . . . oh but for me i watch online. so i lied about the remote. cabana boy please make me another margarita. . . . . . .

3 members found this post helpful.

Hmmmmm, had never heard of her until this thread.........going to read up on it!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Quote Originally Posted by rmh_rider View Post
    we are all idiots. we are billionaires with nothing better to do but watch tv and rail bird here on COTH. we are all morbidly obese and we watch tv all day long. we have nothing to do in our lives but watch what goes on in our earth.

you are so more than important than we are, you have other things to do besides watch tv, and keep up with current events. wow. you are cool. maybe you are the one keeping casey anthony safe and sound at your house. i bet she watches tv and eats and does nothing else at your house. or is she caring for your children (be it horse, cat, dog, human, etc) while you are away from your important life and job? which we have none because we are billionaires with no life.

where is my remote, oh i dropped it in the couch. . . . . . . oh but for me i watch online. so i lied about the remote. cabana boy please make me another margarita. . . . . . .
    I beg your pardon. I don't sit in front of the tv ALL day. I watch some of the trial, go out and ride, watch some more trial, workout, watch some more, eat dinner, watch Dr. Drew. Very well rounded life if I do say so myself. Oh, it's too wet to ride today, so I threw in Coth instead.

May she burn in hell.
    "Everyone will start to cheer, when you put on your sailin shoes"-Lowell George

What's the status on Tuco?

2 members found this post helpful.

Oh my the prosecutor's psych witness is awesome!

She is totally business like, very clear answers. Also, she had no "personal" lovey dovey relationship with Jodi when she was being "examined". Oh I bet Jodi is p.o. at hearing what this lady is saying about her.

I find what she says is true.