The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Those insipid Christian Mingle commercials where the schmaltzy song announces how he will take her hand and she will fall hopelessly in love blah blah blah blech.

Because as long as HE chooses HER that's all it takes.

Nevermind the guy looks like some kind of kid toucher.

6 members found this post helpful.

Hate most all commercials, especially ED and car ads, but this recent VW ("facemask") ad makes me chuckle every time:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-vBUE9rnQQ
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Quote Originally Posted by starhorse View Post
    1-877-Kars for Kids. K-A-R-S kars for kids.

I want to S-H-O-O-T myself in the face when I hear that commercial.

And no, I don't care that it might be for a good cause.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybJ6fS7ruuo

Have your weapon of choice ready.
    This makes it even more annoying:

http://www.startribune.com/local/136191368.html?refer=y

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsFarm View Post
    Does noone besides me hate the Snuggle Bear?
    AS IF I'd buy a product a stuffed toy recommends!

And just once, I'd like to see the Pillsbury Doughboy's doughy little guts come back out with the finger that pokes him
    Back in middle school/early high school, I developed an intense hatred of both the Snuggle Bear and the Pillsbury Dough-boy. I had to do a surrealist sketch in art class one time and I drew a kitchen, but when you looked closely you could see little Dough-boys all over: one trapped in the oven beating against the glass, one hanged from the curtain cord, one chopped in half on the cutting board, one cornered by a cat...
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

5 members found this post helpful.

^^^^^ That. Is. Hilarious. Don't suppose you still have that drawing, do you?

I hate all of the State Farm ads. The dumb people trying to sing: "I have blah-blah insurance, so person come help" and "I don't have State Farm, but insurance finds me money" - I want to lunge through the screen and tear out their vocal cords.

The worst one is the dumb blonde girl, "They can't put anything on the internet that isn't true." I hope her "French model" date gets roaring drunk and throws up all over her.

1 members found this post helpful.

Did you know that good old "Flo" in the Progressive Insurance commercials was one of the switchboard operators/secretaries in the early days of "Mad Men"? I still can't figure out exactly which one, but she's there somewhere.

This one (and it's horse related too):

http://youtu.be/4I4xBCq_cpw

There are so many many things wrong with it. I think his trailer is actually a TARDIS (bigger on the inside).
    You are what you dare.

Yeah, I forgot about those. Their slogan "find God's match for you" generally get a round of giggles, and the question - where exactly does God find time to run a dating site?

And speaking of creepy people who look like closet pedofiles, what are your thoughts on the founder of Eharmony? That man is just eew, slimy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansena View Post
    Those insipid Christian Mingle commercials where the schmaltzy song announces how he will take her hand and she will fall hopelessly in love blah blah blah blech.

Quote Originally Posted by Mara View Post
    ^^^^^ That. Is. Hilarious. Don't suppose you still have that drawing, do you?
    Sadly, I am sure I have the sketchbook somewhere, but it's probably buried in my mom's garage... I've looked for it before just to see that drawing again! I was pretty proud of it, actually.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    Back in middle school/early high school, I developed an intense hatred of both the Snuggle Bear and the Pillsbury Dough-boy. I had to do a surrealist sketch in art class one time and I drew a kitchen, but when you looked closely you could see little Dough-boys all over: one trapped in the oven beating against the glass, one hanged from the curtain cord, one chopped in half on the cutting board, one cornered by a cat...
    I'd pay to see that!
    Could you do one with Snuggle Bear?
    Maybe in a leg trap.....
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009, Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009
    Sam(Jaybee Altair) 1994-2015

2 members found this post helpful.

I hate most commercials and have a particular loathing for tie idiot girls in the teeth whitening ads, the Geico lizard, the toilet paper bears, match making websites. the M&M candies, the Kinder Surprise commercials in general and the new one for girls only and the ad that ends 'Hurt in a caaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' - people from Rochester NY will know that one well.
    Founder of the Dyslexic Clique. Dyslexics of the world - UNTIE!!

Member: Incredible Invisbles

The Trojan Twister commercials. The most tacky being the blown back hair one.

Quote Originally Posted by GotGait View Post
    This one (and it's horse related too):

http://youtu.be/4I4xBCq_cpw

There are so many many things wrong with it. I think his trailer is actually a TARDIS (bigger on the inside).
    oh god yes--so were the horses traveling in harness?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

And let's not forget the OxyClean dudes, both the live and now deceased one, Billy Mays. AAARRGGGHHH
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Quote Originally Posted by sk_pacer View Post
    I hate most commercials and have a particular loathing for tie idiot girls in the teeth whitening ads, the Geico lizard, the toilet paper bears, match making websites. the M&M candies, the Kinder Surprise commercials in general and the new one for girls only and the ad that ends 'Hurt in a caaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr' - people from Rochester NY will know that one well.
    Hurt in a car? Call William Mattar! 444-4444.

I hate that and the Cellino and Barnes 888-8888 ones partly because of the annoyingly catchy repetitive nature of the commercials, and also because they just assume that humanity in general can only remember how to press one button the phone at a time. I picture this mongoloid, injured in a car accident, using his single remaining digit to stab aimlessly at the phone--8! 8! 8888! 8!

(Despite that, I still have the old Cellino and Barnes number memorized. "Call 854, 20-20!" And I hate myself most for it.)

Oh, and the lawyer ones just made me think of the freaking Fuccillo Chevrolet "It's HUUUUUUGE-uh" ads, which make me want to kill. I believe that Billy Fuccillo also owns a chain of dealerships in the southwest as Billy Hernandez or something, and I assume he's equally annoying there...

Oh, and the lawyer ones just made me think of the freaking Fuccillo Chevrolet "It's HUUUUUUGE-uh" ads, which make me want to kill. I believe that Billy Fuccillo also owns a chain of dealerships in the southwest as Billy Hernandez or something, and I assume he's equally annoying there...
    What are those?

GGRRRRRRRAAAAAAHHHHHNNNNNNN-DAY?

2 members found this post helpful.

SarahandSam, do you have the huge Cellino and Barnes billboards in your part of NY? Where they add the bump on the top for their bald heads to stick above the square-ness of the billboard. They are as bad as their commercials.

I'm pretty sure he's eventually going to expand all over the country, adopting different nationalities as appropriate. Billy Fukunawa in San Francisco... "OKIIIIIIIIIIIIIII desu!"

Yes, Trubandloki, we do... it was fun for a while when Cellino was suspended from the bar and all the billboards just featured Barnes, looking kind of lost...

Hurt in a car? Call William Mattar! 444-4444.

I hate that and the Cellino and Barnes 888-8888 ones partly because of the annoyingly catchy repetitive nature of the commercials, and also because they just assume that humanity in general can only remember how to press one button the phone at a time. I picture this mongoloid, injured in a car accident, using his single remaining digit to stab aimlessly at the phone--8! 8! 8888! 8!

(Despite that, I still have the old Cellino and Barnes number memorized. "Call 854, 20-20!" And I hate myself most for it.)
    OMG, we listen to WYRK all.the.time, and every time that commercial comes on, my DSO and I start twitching as if we are having seizures...how could anybody have thought that those were good ideas?!
    Not to mention Billy Fuccillo, mentioned by someone else. Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge-ah!
    GAG!
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/