The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I pass it when I go to Middleburg...its not all that and 7 ponds full of Canadian geese in fall winter makes for alotta goose pooh....and if you get a catalogue you will need to come with proof of financials to get right to bid...

Hmmmm. Surely I can scrape together 40 or 50k, lol. My husband would even like the fancy kitchen and stove. I wonder if those pleasant looking field hunter type horses come with the place, they look like tons of fun for a hack out.

Now where'd I put that winning lottery ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by MHM View Post
    Not to mention the staff to keep the place up.
    This is true...I imagine it would take me a whole week to mow all that grass if I tried to do it myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    [George Morris] doesn't always drink beer, but when he does, he prefers Dos Equis

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by jlphilli View Post
    This is true...I imagine it would take me a whole week to mow all that grass if I tried to do it myself.
    That was almost my first thought. I would take tons of pictures on the first day I moved in, because the place would never look that good again!

2 members found this post helpful.

It's a 'no-go' for me - looks like electric stoves.
    www.ayliprod.com
    Equine Photography in the Northeast

Quote Originally Posted by ccoronios View Post
    It's a 'no-go' for me - looks like electric stoves.
    Yeah. That's a deal breaker for me, too. Too bad....has so much potential. Good bones.

Man, I wish!

I thought the main house was a gas stove? If not, then I am out too- my husband (he is the household chef) doesn't do electric stoves .

I didn't notice the stoves (being more of a microwave person myself), but that's the beauty of having a property with multiple houses. You can live in the one that has the stove you prefer.

Is it a requirement for the men to wear those little hats while grooming if you buy this place?

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    Is it a requirement for the men to wear those little hats while grooming if you buy this place?

I could not get over that hat. My dad lives in Europe and he wears this hat... I kept rewinding the video over and over again to watch that hat. Like do people even own those anymore?

Does it come with the perfect sunshiny weather and 70 degree temps? Never mind, it'll do. I'll take it.
    Mon Ogon (Mojo), black/bay 16 H TB Gelding

Is this the place right next to the show grounds? If so, I dreamt as I drove by today about "If only...". It's a beautiful farm!

Quote Originally Posted by lrp1106 View Post
    I could not get over that hat.
    Where is this hat of which you speak? I missed it.

If there is some sort of fashion requirement attached to the property, I certainly would like to know about it before I bid. Buyer's remorse and all that.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

Am I the only person who Does Not Get the whole curtains dragging, oh! excuse me, I meant 'puddling' on the floor. Why? I am reasonably certain the only people who's curtains 'puddle', have household help. All I can think of are the dogs sleeping on them and it's just another thing for me to look at and think, 'Man, those are dirty.'

MHM, the hat is in the first 'barn scene' when they are tacking up. I noticed it too.
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

^ Ah, thanks. I had not noticed the hat. Maybe it was supposed to suggest a "country squire" air. I will admit it had bothered me that the rider on the gray horse was on the wrong diagonal as they trotted around the corner of the paddock near the end of the video. I wonder if those horses really live there, or were just brought in for the day to be movie stars.

In the same way one would need some outdoor staff to keep up with the mowing, one might also have some house staff to clean the drapes after the dogs slept on them.

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

I will admit it had bothered me that the rider on the gray horse was on the wrong diagonal as they trotted around the corner of the paddock near the end of the video.
    Me too! And it bothers me more that it bothers me!
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Why is everyone so anxious to purchase this place? Don't all us horse folk live like this already?? Cause, I mean, I know I do! In fact....oh darn, gotta run, one of the house kitties just coughed up a fur turd onto the living room drapes that we so carefully arrange in a pool on the Brazilian hardwoods....and horrors or horrors, I gave the entire staff the weekend off! *snort*

I wonder if those horses really live there, or were just brought in for the day to be movie stars.
    They do not live there. Mr. SSR and I were asked to do the photo shoot, but since they could only do it on a day we were working, I had the organizer ask two of my friends, who breed Irish Draughts and live down the road, to fill in instead.

Regarding the hat, he wears it frequently. It is a good pre- and post-hunt hat, and he looks rather adorable in it. I actually have one myself! It is a pretty common head adornment around here with the Irish trainers/jockeys/hunt staff.
    Cherry Blossom Farm - Show & Field Hunters, Side Saddles

^ Thanks for the scoop! The horses looked great! So are there horses actually living at that property now?