The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Dr. Ben Carson

Yes or no?

Quote Originally Posted by jumpnow View Post
    Yes or no?
    Please elaborate a little, that is too wide of a question to answer.

it's too bad; he was (?) a brilliant surgeon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Gravity works, and the laws of physics are a bitch.

Member: Rabid Garden Snail Clique

2 members found this post helpful.

Will he be a viable politician? The republican party appears to be gathering steam to support him and I cannot figure out why. He is a top pediatric surgeon at Johns Hopkins. I do know he was uninvited to give the Commencement address due to his antiquated and scary IMO views on gay marriage.

Who?
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

3 members found this post helpful.

Well, I like him. I think he is smart and has sound principles that guide his beliefs. I doubt he would be a contender for the Rep presidential nominee in 2016, althouth there are not any real contenders at this point in my mind.

He would be a breath of fresh air.

And, the whole gay marriage thing baffles me. What is the stat, 4% of the US population is Gay. Its simply not an important issue for this country and yet is takes away from the total cluster f that is going on all around.

If Dr Carson can get the economy back on track, folks back to work, stability in the mid east, and take care of the 1 ton elephant that is Obamacare, then he would get my vote.

10 members found this post helpful.

Well, I like him. I think he is smart and has sound principles that guide his beliefs. I doubt he would be a contender for the Rep presidential nominee in 2016, althouth there are not any real contenders at this point in my mind.

He would be a breath of fresh air.

And, the whole gay marriage thing baffles me. What is the stat, 4% of the US population is Gay. Its simply not an important issue for this country and yet is takes away from the total cluster f that is going on all around.

If Dr Carson can get the economy back on track, folks back to work, stability in the mid east, and take care of the 1 ton elephant that is Obamacare, then he would get my vote.

10 members found this post helpful.

He is a good man who has positively affected many people. Whether he makes a run in politics is anyone's guess but I have appreciated getting to know him and his background.

4 members found this post helpful.

Noms-you are okay with him comparing gay marriage to bestiality and child rape? Seriously?

9 members found this post helpful.

Noms-you are okay with him comparing gay marriage to bestiality and child rape? Seriously?
    He did not do that!. And, gay marriage is not an issue I care about.

Full context.
    HANNITY: All right, last question, we have the issue of the Supreme Court dealing with two issues involving gay marriage. I've asked you a lot of questions. I've never asked you that, what are your thoughts?

CARSON: Well, my thoughts are that marriage is between a man and a woman. It's a well-established, fundamental pillar of society and no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality. It doesn't matter what they are. They don't get to change the definition. So he, it's not something that is against gays, it's against anybody who wants to come along and change the fundamental definitions of pillars of society. It has significant ramifications.

HANNITY: And you know, it's interesting, Justice Sotomayor brought up the issue of polygamy and incest. Where does the definition stop and I guess, we'll be debating it for weeks and months to come.

6 members found this post helpful.

And yes he did say that:

“(Marriage) is a well-established fundamental pillar of society. And no group, be they gays, be they NAMBLA, be they people who believe in bestiality — it doesn’t matter what they are. They don’t get to change the definition.”

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SLW View Post
    He is a good man who has positively affected many people. Whether he makes a run in politics is anyone's guess but I have appreciated getting to know him and his background.
    He does seem to be a decent man, but I am sure the leftists will shred him to pieces every chance they get. Its already starting.

Noms-are you very young? Just because gay marriage is not something you care about you don't think others should enjoy the same rights you do?

Dr. Carson also made an azzhat of himself at the National Prayer Breakfast. He is made to order to be the newest pundit on Fox News.

8 members found this post helpful.

Noms-are you very young? Just because gay marriage is not something you care about you don't think others should enjoy the same rights you do?

Dr. Carson also made an azzhat of himself at the National Prayer Breakfast. He is made to order to be the newest pundit on Fox News.
    You are the very leftist I am referring to. You can not stand the fact that he spanked Obama in the prayer breakfast. So go ahead and try to tear him down. He would be a trillion times the president that Obama could ever hope to be.

Like a rocket with a bad stage two....waiting for the crash.

He's got a God complex, so he should fit right in with the uber Evangelical right. (And yes, I know that first hand.)
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

8 members found this post helpful.

What is your experience working in the medical field? I respect Dr. Carsons remarks and ideas for improving health care coverage that he made during that speech. obama is a grown man and can handle listening to contrasting views like an adult.

Dr. Carsons remarks were made at the National Prayer breakfast. Were you outraged at Rev. Luis Leon remarks in the church pulpit on Easter Sunday or at any of Rev. Wrights sermons?? Would you call them pundits for CBS/ABC/CNN??

Carson is a boorish oaf, he will fit in very well with the GOP. From the Washington Post:

“He (Carson) was visited on at least two occasions and told not to get into anything political,” says conservative columnist Cal Thomas, one of the organizers of the breakfast and host of an annual pre-breakfast dinner. “He was told not to embarrass the president. The people who told him that were shocked and angry. This came out of nowhere. Now he’s all over TV doing a victory lap. There’s not a whole lot of humility there.”

The interesting thing about Dr. Carson’s nearly 30 minute speech was that he barely mentioned religion. Except for the opening texts and a confused reference to Jesus at the end, his speech was completely political at an event that has always been strictly bipartisan. The idea is to bring people together, not to push them apart. If you hadn’t known he was at the National Prayer Breakfast you would have thought he was the candidate at the Republican Convention

5 members found this post helpful.

Aaaannd the lemmings line up, as if upon que.

Carson is a boorish oaf, he will fit in very well with the GOP. From the Washington Post:

“He (Carson) was visited on at least two occasions and told not to get into anything political,” says conservative columnist Cal Thomas, one of the organizers of the breakfast and host of an annual pre-breakfast dinner. “He was told not to embarrass the president. The people who told him that were shocked and angry. This came out of nowhere. Now he’s all over TV doing a victory lap. There’s not a whole lot of humility there.”

The interesting thing about Dr. Carson’s nearly 30 minute speech was that he barely mentioned religion. Except for the opening texts and a confused reference to Jesus at the end, his speech was completely political at an event that has always been strictly bipartisan. The idea is to bring people together, not to push them apart. If you hadn’t known he was at the National Prayer Breakfast you would have thought he was the candidate at the Republican Convention
    So that is your opinion on your experience working in the medical field? You were just as outraged at Dr. Luis Leons Easter sermon with Obama in the pew ""I hear all the time the expression 'the good old days'," Leon said. "Well, the good old days, we forget they have been good for some, but they weren't good for everybody.[FONT=Georgia, Time New Roman, serif]"You can't go back, you can't live in the past," he added. "It drives me crazy when the captains of the religious right are always calling people back...for Blacks to be back in the back of the bus, for women to be back in the kitchen, for gays to be in the closet and for immigrants to be on their side of the border." This excerpt from the sermon sounds more like a political speech than a sermon on faith, hope and love.[/FONT]

3 members found this post helpful.

Is this a great country or what? We are free to debate the issues of the day and no one goes to jail.