The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by randomequine View Post
    That his eyes don't work. More than once we've had this conversation with various items:

DH: Babe, we're out of mayo.
    Me: No we're not, there's some in the pantry
    DH: No there isn't, I looked
    Me: Look again, there's plenty in there
    DH: I promise you, we don't have any
    Me: *walks over, moves ketchup bottle out of way, hands him mayo*
    I have this conversation with one of my roommates about once a week. I want to kill her. It's slowed down since I've stopped helping her.
    Disclaimer: My mom told me that people might look at my name and think I had an addiction other than horses. I don't; his name was Bravado.

2 members found this post helpful.

DH is guilty of many things on this thread - dirty laundry on the floor 2 feet from the hamper, dirty dishes rinsed but in the sink instead of in the dishwasher 1 foot away. But the one that REALLY gets me is this conversation, which we have with shocking regularity:

DH: "Where do you want to go for dinner?"
    Me: "How about Chinese?"
    DH: "Oh, really? Because I'm really craving Mexican."

Gahhhhhhh! If you wanted Mexican why did you not just say so???? Why even ask me? Or why not ask "Do you want to go out for Mexican tonight?" The kicker is if he's craving Mexican he Will. Not. Go. for anything else.

These days I pretty much always answer "Doesn't matter to me. Where do you want to go?" which strangely seems to make him mad
    "I'm not strange, weird, off, nor crazy. My reality is just different from yours."
    ~Lewis Carroll

4 members found this post helpful.

I think my DH intentionally sabotages laundry so I'll quit asking him to help out around the house. I bought a laundry sorter so we seperate out whites, colors and towels. When forced to do laundry he takes a little off the top of each bag and throws them together in the same load so I end up with my white stuff turned pink and covered in lint from the towels. :0p

Why do you guys have to remind me about other things, too? For while there I got pissed off and said no more recycling because he always left the recycllng to be washed or here or there - but instead of tossing it out he STILL left it here and there.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by klm2c View Post
    I think my DH intentionally sabotages... :0p
    Have always known it's a conspiracy. Do things horribly/break things/feign ignorance to get out of chores...

And has anyone ever seen where this is instructed? Is there a book in the womb that they read before leaving??
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

Six months ago I went to the basement to change out our water filter. We have a well and silt, so it needs changing regularly. For some reason I was having trouble getting the lid off, so I asked husband to show me how with the wrench.

It's dark in our basement, and I've managed to get him to change the filter the last dozen or so times. A rational person wouldn't think this needs to be supervised.

In the course of 'showing' me how to unscrew the old filter, he grabs a black 5 gallon bucket to catch the water. But it's FULL of used, nasty, moldy and black filters... some 2 years worth of filters, just bobbing in that bucket in about 6" of greasy water.

Disgusting. I was horrified to realize at that moment that I had to patrol every square foot of the house regularly to prevent any type of infestation or disease. Next stop... root basement where I found about a dozen half rotted and moldy cardboard boxes. He hoards boxes. These I specifically recall the conversation about 4 years ago... "Why are we keeping these?"...... "Because they're going to ship stuff I'm selling on eBay".

mmmkay...

The box hoarding is out of control but I foolishly thought when these extra large ones had disappeared, that he actually broke them down and discarded them. Stupid of me.

Well, the long showers - we all know what that's for, right?

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahandSam View Post
    I just threw away three bread heels in their respective bags. One was green, one was stiff, one was relatively fresh but was doomed to suffer no better a fate than the others. Why? Why does he save them? Why would you put it back in the bag and do the twist tie and put it in the cupboard knowing that you have never once used the heel of the bread for anything?

I have roughly 10,000 bread heels, in their respective original bags, in the freezer. Me with practically no furniture or possessions has 10,000 bread heels in the freezer. The house is essentially empty (with exceptions made for construction project debris) and then you open the freezer and WHAM!

I was questioned about this by the SO, and responded that my intent is to "make bread pudding with them."

Bless him, he said, "....Oh. OK."

So my one contribution to this thread is stuff I do that probably drives the SO nuts.

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by meupatdoes View Post
    I have roughly 10,000 bread heels, in their respective original bags, in the freezer. Me with practically no furniture or possessions has 10,000 bread heels in the freezer. The house is essentially empty (with exceptions made for construction project debris) and then you open the freezer and WHAM!

I was questioned about this by the SO, and responded that my intent is to "make bread pudding with them."

Bless him, he said, "....Oh. OK."

So my one contribution to this thread is stuff I do that probably drives the SO nuts.

O.M.G. this exact thing happened a couple of weeks ago. Except that after 46 years, I verified that the mayo was behind the ketchup and make him go back to find it himself. Tough love!

In the same vane...opening the pantry door, looking around and asking "where's the__________". Same with the fridge. Gosh darn it...it's not the big...LOOK FOR IT...MOVE SOMETHING....

Quote Originally Posted by randomequine View Post
    That his eyes don't work. More than once we've had this conversation with various items:

DH: Babe, we're out of mayo.
    Me: No we're not, there's some in the pantry
    DH: No there isn't, I looked
    Me: Look again, there's plenty in there
    DH: I promise you, we don't have any
    Me: *walks over, moves ketchup bottle out of way, hands him mayo*

Now I KNOW that it's genetic, cuz here we are from all across this great nation & around the world, sharing almost exactly the same Pet Peeves.

For Mr. C'Mare, besides the socks next to the laundry chute door, not rinsing dishes, putting dishes in sink when dishwasher is empty -- he slams doors. Drives me up the wall. Cannot just close it... has to give it a good hard swing and WHAM--the house shakes.

So let's share a laff with Jeanne Robertson: Don't Send a Man To The Grocery Store.

Note: She refers to her husband as "Left Brain"
    Last edited by ChocoMare; Apr. 16, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Oh yeah, I have a few, been together 12 years at this point, so I know some of my OCD stuff drives him crazy too. Just a short collection of things:

- Sits at dining room table to eat and can NEVER push the chair back in. Seriously it was pushed in when you sat down, but you just leave it out?
    -Chews (with teeth clicking together sounds) non-chewing foods like ice cream, soup, pasta. It's all mush, why are you chewing hard enough for me to hear your teeth clanking a table length away?
    - Opens mail then just randomly leaves it places. If its junk toss it, we are not starting an open envelope collection. The bathroom, banister railing, hall countertop, kitchen countertop, garage, dresser is not where any of it goes! Open it and either do something with it or throw it away.
    - Not a huge help while cleaning house (surprise surprise) but on the times he does help will clean a bathroom or 2 and then complain of a headache. Seriously? I am 8 months pregnant and I still have to deal with everything else, suck it up buttercup!
    - Random lights on when he is nowhere around, or will turn on all 3 lights in our bedroom to brush his teeth and then walk out. You obviously understand the concept of the light switch so why when you come in can you figure out how to hit every single one of them in your path, but can't repeat the process on the way out?
    - I go to bed a bit earlier then he does, turn off everything upstairs, he will come up 2+ hours later and turn on the tv in the bedroom to watch TV where I am. Come on its not like its the only TV in the house, the one in the living room (which is right outside the master) is bigger anyways.

But on the plus side he fixes just about everything, is fantastic with the kiddo's (not many a man you can hand the poopy crying baby too and they like it), and does all the laundry (I put mine away but he washes/folds/ and takes it up to our room) and does the dishes and most of the cooking.

Rather spend three hours circling the blocks than spend ten seconds asking for direction.

My DH cannot come anywhere near me without grabbing at a breast. Seriously, dude, they're not tuning knobs on a radio. Drives. Me. Insane. Can't you just give me a damned hug?
    Random horse pics http://www.flickr.com/photos/glfprncs/
    Talk to me about fitness or nutrition (I'm an A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer)!
    My blog! http://personalsweatequity.blogspot.com/

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by rustbreeches View Post
    I feel so sorry for you all. My DH is perfect. Completely freaking perfect,

Bwahahahahahaha!
    Glad I'm not alone! I can't think of a single thing that actually annoys me...

Ha ha, I swear I am married to all of the husbands! The burping, farting, snoring and slurping sounds all too familiar. At least I know I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by glfprncs View Post
    My DH cannot come anywhere near me without grabbing at a breast. Seriously, dude, they're not tuning knobs on a radio. Drives. Me. Insane. Can't you just give me a damned hug?
    They do get over that, but the girls have to get a bit less perky. Breastfeeding and the prospect of getting squirted on slows 'em down too. Some of them anyway
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

3 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by ReSomething View Post
    They do get over that, but the girls have to get a bit less perky. Breastfeeding and the prospect of getting squirted on slows 'em down too. Some of them anyway
    Love this.

His kitchen concoctions drive me crazy. Ever have a bean and cheese burrito with bbq sauce and rosemary bits in it? He thinks this is a great home made gourmet dinner

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    Your SO could be my SO's twin, Hunterkid...

I clocked him in the shower once... 45 minutes. That's without potty time. I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes in the morning... for everything! Drives me nuts.

And he has to make a cup of coffee. Every time we leave the house, no matter what time of day it is or what we are going to do. He'll get everything set, get the baby strapped into the car seat, and then go make a damn cup of coffee. It was worse before we got the Keurig. Now it only takes ten minutes instead of twenty! Even if we're just running to the gas station to pick up something quick for dinner and it's ten at night. We won't get stranded honey, I promise! And if we do, that's why you keep a case of water in each car.
    This had me laughing out loud, Superminion. I really think you could get Keurig to use this in a TV commercial!

I do sympathize ... and thanks for the laugh. It was needed!
    Rack on!