The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

all of the above, snoring, slurping, stinky feet -- all of which I can live with if necessary. oh - and scrunching the toothpaste tube instead of rolling it up as it is used.

the piece de resistance? I woke up in the middle of the night, several weeks ago, and couldn't breathe - the level of fart/gas in our bedroom was toxic, I was gagging. I had to hit him hard, curse him, yell loudly and leave. Not impressed.

2 members found this post helpful.

He leaves every drawer and and door hanging open. Every. Single. One. Dresser, desk, kitchen, bathroom...if he's been rummaging through it, he can't bother to close it.

He also does not stop talking when we are watching TV or Netflix. EVER. Then asks me what "they" just said, or what is going on.

I think his inner 14 year old is trying to escape, too!!

1 members found this post helpful.

DH likes to put the empty mayo jar back in the fridge, and the empty butter box (now I take the cubes out right away) and he likes to leave the heels of bread in their bags up in the cupboard until they turn bilious green and I finally locate them.

He's also a great one to belch and fart. And snore. Must be a man thing.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Food wrappers in the kitchen sink (6' from the trash can).

Food-filled dishes on the counter next to the sink (5' from the trash can, 2' from the garbage disposal).

Loads the dishwasher incorrectly--tries to fit all the plates in the top rack so he can put pots and pans (that need to be scrubbed by hand because they have baked-on food) in the bottom rack. Then there is no room in the top rack for glasses. Then gets mortally offended if he catches me rearranging them so we will actually have clean pots and pans, and glasses to drink out of.

Browses eBay for stuff and is continually baffled by the fax that when he 'searches' for, say, "bicycle", he is presented with a list of ANYTHING bicycle related not just complete bicycles, and cannot seem to grasp that you then have to narrow your search category down..... This is punctuated by much cursing and threatening to put his fist through the computer screen, like a) that is going to help or b) it is the computer's fault.

INCAPABLE of operating a remote control. Continually claims the remote is doing things he 'didn't tell it to do'. Skynet must be just around the corner!

That is, if the democrats with their ammunition-hoarding gun-confiscating drone, or North Korea (in league with Obama, naturally) don't get us first. Card carrying member of the tinfoil hat brigade.....

Ugh. Overall a great guy, but geeeeeeez!!!!!

Jennifer

My SO does NOT stop talking when we are watching TV or Netflix. EVER. Then he asks me what they just said.

He also leaves drawers and doors hanging open. Dressers, desks, kitchen cupboards.....if he's rummaged through them, he leaves them open. I've walked into the kitchen and every. single. door/drawer.....OPEN.

That drives me crazy...... When he is always grabbing me, wants hugs or kisses and it is always when my hands are full or I am in the middle of something. Like tonight I am up to my elbows in making supper hand sticky and he is wanting a hug and kiss.

Other then that he just drives me nuts.
    Are you going to cowboy up or lie there and BLEED?

Breathing...just depends on what week of the month!

6 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by mercedespony View Post
    all of the above, snoring, slurping, stinky feet -- all of which I can live with if necessary. oh - and scrunching the toothpaste tube instead of rolling it up as it is used.

the piece de resistance? I woke up in the middle of the night, several weeks ago, and couldn't breathe - the level of fart/gas in our bedroom was toxic, I was gagging. I had to hit him hard, curse him, yell loudly and leave. Not impressed.
    Sigh. Been there.
    "When a president can pick and choose which laws to follow and which to ignore, he is no longer a president. " Ted Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    Your SO could be my SO's twin, Hunterkid...

I clocked him in the shower once... 45 minutes. That's without potty time. I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes in the morning... for everything! Drives me nuts.

And he has to make a cup of coffee. Every time we leave the house, no matter what time of day it is or what we are going to do. He'll get everything set, get the baby strapped into the car seat, and then go make a damn cup of coffee. It was worse before we got the Keurig. Now it only takes ten minutes instead of twenty! Even if we're just running to the gas station to pick up something quick for dinner and it's ten at night. We won't get stranded honey, I promise! And if we do, that's why you keep a case of water in each car.

He has also locked me out of out house/cars/anything else more than once with the obsessive locking of EVERYTHING THAT CAN HAVE A LOCK!
    My gosh men truly are all alike. And I divorced mine.
    AGH!.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousDevo View Post
    My SO does NOT stop talking when we are watching TV or Netflix. EVER. Then he asks me what they just said.

He also leaves drawers and doors hanging open. Dressers, desks, kitchen cupboards.....if he's rummaged through them, he leaves them open. I've walked into the kitchen and every. single. door/drawer.....OPEN.
    Mine could not close a closet door desk drawer or any drawer to save his life.
    In the office he would repeatedly leave the file drawer open, and I would slam into it. OH and god forbid he would turn out lights, I would come home and all on. The he would complain about the electric bill.
    "you can only ride the drama llama so hard before it decides to spit in your face." ?Caffeinated.

Quote Originally Posted by randomequine View Post
    That his eyes don't work. More than once we've had this conversation with various items:

DH: Babe, we're out of mayo.
    Me: No we're not, there's some in the pantry
    DH: No there isn't, I looked
    Me: Look again, there's plenty in there
    DH: I promise you, we don't have any
    Me: *walks over, moves ketchup bottle out of way, hands him mayo*
    This, 100 times over.
    "If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple payments..."

On another note, mine only takes TWO MINUTES, yes, that's right we timed him, TWO MINUTES, to take a shower, and he uses lukewarm water, so I never have to worry about me running out of hot water when I'm in there for 15 minutes with the water as hot as I can stand it!

2 members found this post helpful.

Let's see, The endless showers! Singing, which he cannot do, Talking to himself,
    Never turning lights off, Getting mad at inanimate objects. starting the car with the remote starter in the garage. All of the above that other wrote.
    I know there is more. Was it why I divorced him.. Weelll, no. Not totally! LOL.

So many the same! Especially the "lost food in front of one's nose" predicament...

Ex-SO cooked dinner regularly - so I really enjoyed that. Except, he would put UNRINSED dishes into the dishwater if we were doing them by hand (no dishwasher at his place...)

And in the morning, he'd never notice that one of the Great Lakes was left behind covering the entire bathroom sink after he shaved. It was too hard to see the paper towel roll placed in plain sight...

Ex DH had too many, which is why he's "ex" , but what drives me crazy to this day are the reminders.
    He was a lefty, and had to go through the house redoing some of the light switches. "Off" is up, and "On" is down.

But the worst? First week of marriage, 25 years ago, on the one and only occasion he ever undertook this chore, he took our new vacuum cleaner and wrecked it - smashing the cover under a dresser, and then screwed up the cord rewind. It's still a great cleaner, so I'm not buying new, and even treated myself by lugging it to "big city" last month to get it retuned, and cord fixed maybe... but cord is the same.
    Every time I have five feet of cord dragging behind me, I'm mumbling under my breath...
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

That his eyes don't work. More than once we've had this conversation with various items:

My friend calls this "The Man Look"...as in, "He needs the mayo, so he gives it the man look, can't find it, and calls me in for help."

It's amazing how many of these apply to all our husbands:
    slurping
    burping
    long showers that include the sports nose blow
    the 'man look'

One of my biggest pet peeves is the rinsing of recyclables and leaving them on the side of the sink "to dry". If I didn't put them in the bin, there would be weeks worth of items "drying" on the side of the sink. (Because, you know, there is no air in the mud room, so they won't dry out there)...

Default oh my...

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    On another note, mine only takes TWO MINUTES, yes, that's right we timed him, TWO MINUTES

Did anyone else read that and think it was going somewhere else other than showering habits????

Yes, I went there.

4 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by eventerdiva View Post
    Did anyone else read that and think it was going somewhere else other than showering habits????

Yes, I went there.
    HAHA! Until you got to the next part, which said:

On another note, mine only takes TWO MINUTES, yes, that's right we timed him, TWO MINUTES, to take a shower
    haha! If it was where YOUR mind went, I'd be complaining about it on this thread! LOL!

This is what my husband does too!
    "There are only two emotions that belong in the saddle; one is a sense of humor and the other is patience."

Quote Originally Posted by SuckerForHorses View Post
    HAHA! Until you got to the next part, which said:

haha! If it was where YOUR mind went, I'd be complaining about it on this thread! LOL!

Clearly I have not had enough caffeine yet this morning, my eyes were moving quickly through your words, but my brain was having trouble keeping up!

I guess I should file my complaints here so that no one gets the wrong idea about what I'm NOT writing down.

-The "Man Look" for sure

-Laundry finding it's way next to the hamper, but not in it

-His idea of cleaning the kitchen is loading what can go in the dishwasher. Screw washing the hand-wash only items, like our good pots and knives...I don't even dream he would wipe the counters down.

-His habit of slamming drawers (at least he closes them... ) when getting ready in the morning when I don't have to be awake for another hour.

Really I feel like I can't complain too much. He is an excellent husband. Treats me like gold, is faithful, a wonderful provider, driven, will be an excellent father, he's my best friend and he's HOT! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater I'm a pretty lucky girl.

My DH scrunches up the toothpaste tube instead of rolling it up from the bottom. Drives me batty.

He's also incapable of closing drawers or cabinet doors without slamming them. He's not angry, and in other ways he's not a "loud" guy either. Just with drawers and cabinet doors.

Also he will leave the house and leave half the lights turned on. In the daytime. Argh who does that?!?!

Small things, thankfully.
    In order to think outside the box, one must first know what is in the box.