The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Things your SO does that drives you crazy

No deal breakers obviously...just things that make you go

Mine?
    The way my DH eats "slurpy things." Cereal, spaghetti, etc. he must slurp and smack his lips. makes me want to rip my hair out.

Oh, and the length of time he spends doing potty business and shower time when he gets home from work. When he gets home, I usually have dinner cooking and ready within a half hour. Instead of taking a shower after dinner or takin a quick shower before dinner...he locks himself in the bathroom and sit on the toliey....forever! Then, gets in the shower and showers until the water goes cold. -_- I'm actually waiting for him now.

And lastly, his "lock this door" mentality. He's obsessed with locking doors. Goes into the bathroom, locks the door. Locks is in the house at all times. (We live in the moddle of nowhere. No reason to really) and occasionally locks is in our bedroom at night because "it's habit."

So what about your SO irks you?!

1 members found this post helpful.

Same here. Slurping, chewing, crunching...and snoring. I guess noise in general.

He won't put his dirty dishes in the GD dishwasher. I have explained over and over to him that this is not a physically painful task. Apparently his inner 14 year old is trying to escape
    **Friend of bar.ka**

Fils Du Reverdy (Revy)- 1993 Selle Francais Gelding
    My equine soulmate

2 members found this post helpful.

Your SO could be my SO's twin, Hunterkid...

I clocked him in the shower once... 45 minutes. That's without potty time. I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes in the morning... for everything! Drives me nuts.

And he has to make a cup of coffee. Every time we leave the house, no matter what time of day it is or what we are going to do. He'll get everything set, get the baby strapped into the car seat, and then go make a damn cup of coffee. It was worse before we got the Keurig. Now it only takes ten minutes instead of twenty! Even if we're just running to the gas station to pick up something quick for dinner and it's ten at night. We won't get stranded honey, I promise! And if we do, that's why you keep a case of water in each car.

He has also locked me out of out house/cars/anything else more than once with the obsessive locking of EVERYTHING THAT CAN HAVE A LOCK!

That his eyes don't work. More than once we've had this conversation with various items:

DH: Babe, we're out of mayo.
    Me: No we're not, there's some in the pantry
    DH: No there isn't, I looked
    Me: Look again, there's plenty in there
    DH: I promise you, we don't have any
    Me: *walks over, moves ketchup bottle out of way, hands him mayo*
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

9 members found this post helpful.

OMG moving something to find the target, we go through that daily! I KNOW IT'S there! Don't argue! I usually can even tell him the thing to move and then he just brightly says "Oh! There it is!" I know I'm enabling him somehow...

Mine also snores very badly if he isn't wearing his CPAP.

He breathes really loud when he eats. That drives me nutz.

He over-salts everything. Without tasting, usually.

He flosses in front of all of us.

I have a very low threshold for noisy, icky, type things and he's constantly stepping over the line! LOL

My DH could be ANY of the above. He seems unable to find either the sink OR the dishwasher - dirty dishes/glasses sit on the counter or on the table. Also cannot seem to find the laundry basket. Finds the spot on the floor NEXT to the laundry basket just fine.

Cannot be on time. For anything. Ever. I am probably overly punctual, but he is constantly late. And I'm not talking a few minutes, at least 20-30 minutes late, always.

Probably the biggest/most annoying is the 'sports nose blow' while in the (20 minute) shower. Aghh!! Thank jebus we each have our own bathroom. And he does clean his, but still. Just hearing it is nasty, nasty, nasty!

After almost 20 years, I know I will never change these, and other, things. His good qualities do make up for the annoying ones
    ~*Friend of bar.ka*~

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

Quote Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
    Probably the biggest/most annoying is the 'sports nose blow' while in the (20 minute) shower. Aghh!!
    Ahhh yes, the snot rocket. And mine has been known to do it in parking lots.

He also belches in parking lots. Or at Home Depot. Or any other number of places. And it's usually loud and proud. Usually it will result in some nearby woman's head whipping around and staring like she's just seen an orangutan standing next to me.

Walking around the house in his long athletic shorts and black socks. The extra 40 pounds he is now carrying make it obvious he is no longer an athlete. He has somewhat short legs and his outfit makes him look like an Ewok.

Snoring. If I try to hit the reset button by jostling him a little bit, he ends up talking in his sleep and says something completely nonsensical like "I'm beautiful, I'm intelligent, I'm smart" (this one was from last week, I have lots more). I end up being torn between complete irritation and wetting my pants from laughing so hard. I ALWAYS get mileage out of those moments the next day.

But I keep him around, in part because I need the entertainment, but mostly because he loves me to death and is an incredibly kind man who cries during movies, treats his animals like gold, loves his kids, knows how to fix the car, the house and boo-boos, capably holds down the fort while I travel on business, and makes me laugh with him every day. He would lay down his life for me, and I would do the same for him.

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

13 members found this post helpful.

That happens in our house too.

Quote Originally Posted by randomequine View Post
    That his eyes don't work. More than once we've had this conversation with various items:

DH: Babe, we're out of mayo.
    Me: No we're not, there's some in the pantry
    DH: No there isn't, I looked
    Me: Look again, there's plenty in there
    DH: I promise you, we don't have any
    Me: *walks over, moves ketchup bottle out of way, hands him mayo*
    "Those who know the least often know it the loudest."

Ah, I'm finally happy being single and this thread makes me happy NOT to have to deal with all that anymore
    Charlie Brown (1994 bay TB X gelding)
    White Star (2004 grey TB gelding)

Mystical Moment, 1977-2010.

4 members found this post helpful.

His feet stink. Late in the evenings he likes to lay on the sofa, meaning no one else can use the sofa, and he covers himself with a blanket. He just throws the blanket over himself, with whatever end lands at his feet and face. I am a little over the top, so to me, the end with the label on it, is the foot end.

Anyway, he does this so often, unless I washed the blanket every day, I can't use it, as it stinks of his feet. Gross.

Mine bites his fingers. It's like biting his fingernails, except it's the actual skin off his fingers. Having developed Teacher Eyes and a Teacher Look, I can sense him starting to move his hand toward his mouth and spin around and glare him into submission, but he still does it when I'm not around or when I'm distracted. Once I sprayed him with the spray bottle we use for the cats when they're bad.
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

9 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by hiddenlake View Post
    Walking around the house in his long athletic shorts and black socks. The extra 40 pounds he is now carrying make it obvious he is no longer an athlete. He has somewhat short legs and his outfit makes him look like an Ewok.

The thing is, it's totally preferable to having a husband who's a jerk/controlling/etc -- I love DH, he's supportive, kind, and a great man.

Not to mention, there are plenty of things I do that annoy him! Like....when I start a sentence and get distracted and stop halfway through
    To be loved by a horse should fill us with awe, for we hath not deserved it.

Hiddenlake, your post just made me laugh out loud for 5 minutes! My husband is out of town, but now all my animals are staring at my trying to figure out what is going on!

Thanks for the laugh!
    TPR!
    Thoroughbred Placement Resources, Inc
    www.goodhorse.org

I have two:

1) We don't have a dishwasher, and he doesn't rinse dishes when he puts them in the sink. PLEASE. POUR SOME WATER ON. SAVE MY FINGERNAILS LATER. REDUCE SMELL. SAVE YOURSELF SOME SCRUBBIN' TIME.

2) He drinks like crazy. No, not booze. Water. Normally, this would be fine. Except he leaves half-full glasses of water all over the place. I swear he's waiting for an alien invasion like in that movie Signs or something, and he's going to be ready to swing a baseball bat and those half-full cups of water everywhere are going to save the planet. (Start around 4:15 -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyj0AnF8ziE)

But until then... REALLY?

You mean besides breathing my air?

In front of me, he rearranges the dirty stuff in the dishwasher if I loaded it. I'm about ready to quit bothering, since apparently I don't do it correctly...

On a related note, he also leaves dishes filled with cold water in the sink. I get rinsing them & leaving them there to be loaded later. But there is no way I want to pick up something that will spill cold, nasty water on my hands.
    ~ Horse Box Lovers Clique ~

Quote Originally Posted by rivenoak View Post
    On a related note, he also leaves dishes filled with cold water in the sink. I get rinsing them & leaving them there to be loaded later. But there is no way I want to pick up something that will spill cold, nasty water on my hands.
    Haha, we should trade! I can't stand that my BF doesn't rinse his dishes when he doesn't wash them immediately. (We are dishwasherless.)

I feel so sorry for you all. My DH is perfect. Completely freaking perfect,

Bwahahahahahaha!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saddle View Post
    Perhaps I need my flocking adjusted.

double post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Saddle View Post
    Perhaps I need my flocking adjusted.