The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Sannois View Post
    How about the diaper commercial with the woman breast feeding her kid under a blanket in a restaurant, says first kid...
    The it shows same woman with boob half exposed and breast feeding in restaurant, saying eyes up here.! 2nd kid. UGH! Seriously, awful!!
    Uhm, prithee tell me, why? Nothing about breastfeeding is "UGH" or "seriously, awful!!"

2 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by redhorse5 View Post
    The Enjoy the Go campaign was a low, low point in the advertising world. Who wants to imagine bear poo anyway?
    I always though the Charmin bears were a play on the expression "does a bear sh!t in the woods". That was my thought the first time I saw them and it hasn't changed since.

Quote Originally Posted by jess h View Post
    I actually just took delivery of a roll of this. (For a Western-themed, somewhat off-color gift basket I'm doing for a silent auction.) Seriously, UPS dropped it off like ten minutes ago. What are the odds? LOL!
    Excellent! Maybe this is a manifestation of the collective unconscious -- bathroom style.

Quote Originally Posted by Far_North_Equestrian View Post
    I'm also VERY tired of the "poor stupid man" theme. It's terrible and condecending to men. If we reversed these roles feminist organizations everywhere would break out the torches and pitchforks - but somehow it's OK as long as you are picking on the men.
    Big dittos!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

I hate TP commercials. How do you get pieces of TP stuck to you?

Why the hell do I have to watch bears with lint stuck to their behind and other bears pulling it off their behinds. The Charmin commercials are just plain TMI and they gross me out a bit.

Yeah one of the main reasons that I don't have cable but right now I am watching the tournament at the bar almost every night or at friends houses. The commercials are not attractive and way TMI.
    I am on my phone 90% of the time. Please ignore typos, misplaced lower case letters, and the random word butchered by autocowreck.

Quote Originally Posted by mswillie View Post
    I always though the Charmin bears were a play on the expression "does a bear sh!t in the woods". That was my thought the first time I saw them and it hasn't changed since.
    Me too. In fact, I call them the "Charmin Bears Sh!tting in the Woods" commercials.
    I find that a ducks opinion of me is very much influenced over whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread but they do not have the capability to buy a loaf. Thats the biggest joke on the duck ever.

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    That one is offensive on a whole other level. I find the "incompetent husband" trope tiresome and condescending, and just lazy. How do guys see this trope?

Paula
    We laugh because we see the stupid things we ourselves do.
    Cut to partially disassembled 4-barrel carburetor boiling in soapy water on stove. Or the mare's urine sample in the 'fridge.

Checi this out...
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ohrebecca View Post
    Uhm, prithee tell me, why? Nothing about breastfeeding is "UGH" or "seriously, awful!!"
    I think they meant the other kid looking at the moms boob....that is messed.

I am so glad I am not the only one who thinks this about those TP commercials...seriously!!

I never got the TP stuck to your butt thing....but my husband says that it happens to guys....lol

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    I know what you mean. I've about had it with the "Mommy, I peepeed in the potty" Clorox commercials! Really, I do not find it endearing that the little boy is running down the hallway carrying a potty of urine, nor do I find it cute that the other little boy shat in the tub.

TMI
    Paula
    LMAO. I thought I was the only one repulsed by that. Really, it's not cute. It's disgusting.
    I saw the angel in the marble and I set him free. - Michaelangelo

Don't even get me started on that chirpy commercial: "Have a happy period!" bull$h!t.
    I'd like to find the inventor of that little pearl, throw a rope around him, tie the other end to a pickup truck and drag his sorry ass down the road.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by nasalberry View Post
    Don't even get me started on that chirpy commercial: "Have a happy period!" bull$h!t.
    I'd like to find the inventor of that little pearl, throw a rope around him, tie the other end to a pickup truck and drag his sorry ass down the road.
    I take it your periods aren't as happy!

Must have been a guy...but even then he should have known that only a compete knockout makes that time happy: Either drugs or booze...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

Quote Originally Posted by Alagirl View Post
    I take it your periods aren't as happy!

Must have been a guy...but even then he should have known that only a compete knockout makes that time happy: Either drugs or booze...
    Fortunately, I've not had to worry about that in years.
    But yes: Had to have been a guy. One who should have been fired for criminal derpitude.