The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Way too much TP info?!

I look back fondly on the days when toilet paper was described as "soft". Cuddly soft, snuggly soft, squeezably soft, all fine. Yeah, I got to the point where I could've strangled the poor misfit who was squeezing the Charmin all the time, but really, those were simpler times -- had I only known.

What is UP with TP commercials today? Starting with wanting to feel clean -- seriously? We all know what TP is for and what the goal is. But it seems to get more in-depth every time I hear a new ad. So WHY? Is it just because they can? Is this a real worry? Gah!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

10 members found this post helpful.

I feel the same way. The bits of TP stuck your (bear) bottom?

I'd prefer to keep the mystery, thank you.
    Audaces fortuna iuvat.

3 members found this post helpful.

I cannot STAND the Cottonelle commercials with the name your wipe thing. It makes me wince! Who needs this information?!?!?!
    Quarry Rat

4 members found this post helpful.

Here I thought I was alone. "It's time to get serious about what goes on the bathroom." REALLY?!

Puhleeze...
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

2 members found this post helpful.

The slogan that gets me is "Enjoy the go". I had to grab the remote and replay the commercial the first time I heard it because I couldn't believe that that's what they decided to use.
    It's not about the color of the ribbon but the quality of the ride. Having said that, I'd like the blue one please!

9 members found this post helpful.

Great thread, and I'm totally agreeing with everybody. They crack me up, and it seems a little bit unnecessary...who isn't going to buy TP?

Although the Cottonelle puppy is adorable!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by drawstraws View Post
    The slogan that gets me is "Enjoy the go". I had to grab the remote and replay the commercial the first time I heard it because I couldn't believe that that's what they decided to use.
    They actually have a facebook page. I visited and told them I thought that the "enjoy the go" campaign was one of the worst I had ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post

They crack me up,
    Pun intended?

3 members found this post helpful.

I know what you mean. I've about had it with the "Mommy, I peepeed in the potty" Clorox commercials! Really, I do not find it endearing that the little boy is running down the hallway carrying a potty of urine, nor do I find it cute that the other little boy shat in the tub.

TMI
    Paula
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

14 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by paulaedwina View Post
    I know what you mean. I've about had it with the "Mommy, I peepeed in the potty" Clorox commercials! Really, I do not find it endearing that the little boy is running down the hallway carrying a potty of urine, nor do I find it cute that the other little boy shat in the tub.

TMI
    Paula

OMG! Yes! That commercial really creeped me out! The mom running to the bathroom only to find a pile in the tub. Nice. Pretty soon they'll be showing the piles.....

Isn't it a natural progression from the days when they first put ads on for sani-pads and tampax? I used to be so embarrassed when my boyfriend (now hubby) and I were watching tv together because I used to be the sort who could not even buy the things when we were together!

Off Topic gets more and more 'out there' every time!
    Proud member of People Who Hate to Kill Wildlife clique

This is our society, we are bombarded with commercials for bowel movements, sanitary products, and erectile dysfunction drugs. Watching tv is getting creepy...
    Quarry Rat

6 members found this post helpful.

TMI
    Paula
    YESSSSS.

That's ENOUGH, Clorox and Charmin.
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

TMI
    Paula
    I grab the remote and pause it when those ads come on. Hate them; they're just flat out gross.

About 20 years ago there was a line of TP introduced that had a lemon scent. Some comedian joked about it - "Honey! Come smell my lemony-fresh ass!"

We don't have cable tv any more, havent' for a few years now, and pretty much only watch PBS or Netflix and I have to say, I think my quality of life is much better without the endless stream of commericials and TV shows that try to tell your life is lacking somehow if you don't live in a certain style or consume a lot of "things".

Thank goodness there are others out there. I sometimes feel like such an anachronism when I'm watching those commercials. Please, we don't need all of those details. Like JoZ, Mr. Whipple got on my nerves at times, but I would welcome him back, gladly.
    Originally Posted by Alagirl
    We just love to shame poor people...when in reality, we are all just peasants.

Unfortunately those commercials have found us on hulu!

Paula (no TV since 2004).
    He is total garbage! Quick! Hide him on my trailer (Petstorejunkie).

So, am I the only person who wonders who gets TP stuck to their a$$!? I very strongly dislike those commercials...but then every time I see one, I think of this amazing video. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3fhRn25tZE

You're welcome.
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

My sister works for Kimberly Clark...dingleberries are a general topic of conversation. I understand that certain cultures are more likely to rub vigorously than others. And yes, they've done the research.
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

Quote Originally Posted by mswillie View Post
    They actually have a facebook page. I visited and told them I thought that the "enjoy the go" campaign was one of the worst I had ever seen.
    Agreed. It sounds like a slogan for the fetishists who get a kick out of that kind of thing. (No, not TP. Going).