The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone watching Bates Motel? Love it!

Bates Motel is a new show on A&E - last night was the third episode. I'm loving it! Kind of a "before Norman Bates became a psycho killer" kind of backstory on him and his relationship with his mom and her and starting the motel and the history of the motel, etc.

Great show!
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

1 members found this post helpful.

I also love it!! Although it is part of my DVR shows so I haven't watched last nights episode yet.

The original film is the only one interesting to me. None of the ridiculous sequels up the wazoo (trying to capitalize on "Halloween 1,000,000,000" anyone?), & certainly not this ridiculous series.

Why can't the film industry just allow good films to remain good films "as is" instead of catering to folks who can only enjoy something if it's updated & on mainstream television? Really - one does have to wonder how many people who watch this series have ever even seen the original film. This stupid "prequel" doesn't even remotely match.

I've watched the original film and I just watch this show as a separate thing since they're very different. That being said, I am enjoying the series and will continue to watch it.

because there is no originality left in Hollywood Bacardi, and they have to capitalize on what had made money in the past so they can keep funding their trophy wives, air condition their 150,000 sqr foot home with indoor bowling alley, drive super expensive cars and maintain a current wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by MunchingonHay View Post
    because there is no originality left in Hollywood Bacardi, and they have to capitalize on what had made money in the past so they can keep funding their trophy wives, air condition their 150,000 sqr foot home with indoor bowling alley, drive super expensive cars and maintain a current wardrobe.
    Agreed. I find it so sad that while we can spend numerous hours enjoying the old stuff of tv (Turner Classic Movies in particular) & our HUGE dvd collection, it's extremely rare that hubby & I find ANY new films worthy of the time & $$ to go see.

Started watching it based on reviews and the actors. Love Vera Farmiga. Was interested at first although it was a little out there. But, once they had to have a strip club as the setting for an argument - when why is a strip club necessary to the plot at all (aren't bars without skin open anymore?), I lost interest.
    Being right half the time beats being half-right all the time. Malcolm Forbes

I love it

Quote Originally Posted by CVPeg View Post
    Started watching it based on reviews and the actors. Love Vera Farmiga. Was interested at first although it was a little out there. But, once they had to have a strip club as the setting for an argument - when why is a strip club necessary to the plot at all (aren't bars without skin open anymore?), I lost interest.
    That may be in there to underscore the general "things are done differently in this town" part of the plot. It's a weird little place.

It's not something I thought I'd like but I've been pleasantly surprised.

It's nice to see that someone came up with a concept for a show that is NOT reality TV. How many different shows on people bidding on storage lockers is considered saturation? Anyone?

I've been watching and like it...it's replacing American Horror for me for now.

I'm quite enjoying it! It may not be "original" but at least it's not a bunch of asshats trying to find "love"!!!!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!