The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default iRunner v. Runkeeper

I think I'm going to be forced to delete my Runkeeper app.

Yesterday it told me I was doing 13 mph on my WALK around the 'hood. The map it showed was, um... interesting and not accurate at all. I had a good GPS signal, so I'm not sure what the issue might have been. I use a HRM for calories burned, but I like the encouragement of being updated on my speed and distance at regular intervals.

I downloaded iRunner to use this evening to see how well I like it.

What apps do my fellow COTHers use for keeping track of their walks/runs?
    Alis volat propriis.

Do you by chance have AT&T? The reason that I ask is that I had a weird blip in my GPS (tracking my son's phone) when it told me that one hour he was local, and the next he was in Atlanta Georgia, which is completely impossible even by plane.

That being said, I've used mapmyrun for awhile, and been satisfied with it.

I use both Dailymile and Bia-Sport to log and track my training. Dailymile has the option to map your route. I just use my GPS watch and log when I get home.

Which brings to mind Garmin will also auto-load that info (HR stuff, too, since you said you use a HRM) once you sync your watch to your computer.

Though I also have heard good things about MapMyRun.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

OneGrayPony, I have Verizon. That's sort of funny about it tracking your son to Atlanta, GA!

I used iRunner last night and it seemed to be fairly accurate but I may also check out mapmyrun.
    Alis volat propriis.

I always forget about DailyMile. Some cool features there too!

Good luck with whatever you choose!

I really like Map my run. It's free, too!
    "A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart, and wins with his character." - Tesio