The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Event Pedigree "Wow"

I'm not one to usually post about pedigrees, but I just looked up this mare's, and I'd love to have input from the pedigree experts. Nothing exceptionally rare, just nice all around, I think. This is a mare who may join our training/breeding program-- 5yo dainty, lovely, level-headed beauty. Will try to get pictures today.

Lady's pedigree

(They had been calling her "Tee Pee" or "TP" as a barn name. Lady, as unoriginal as it is, fits much better.)

Highlight of the morning: I just realized that she is related to JER's beautiful, gentle Kissy Kiss, who is due to foal in a couple weeks. Through Le Fabuleaux, we have a "family" program! Lady is dark bay ("dark chocolate" bay, like a Dove ice cream bar), not black-with-chrome like Kiss, but she has the same gorgeous conformation, huge doe eyes, and gentle demeanor.

Thoughts? Input? Please?

Thanks for the memories, Glenbaer! I had a wonderful mare bred,oh so much like this one back in the 90s. She was slight, very feminine, 16 hds. and tore up x-c all over the region through Interm. She was so made for the long formats and did quite well. Kind of a hand full in Dressage but many were back then. And her granddam was Icecapade!
    Have fun!

1 members found this post helpful.

I started a Chief Seattle colt for a friend last year. Great sense of self preservation, even if he did have a bit of a 'no' in him sometimes. He's one that I'll get on anytime!
    Different Times Equestrian Ventures at Hidden Spring Ranch
    www.DifferentTimesEquestrianVentures.com

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

One of the reasons Le Fabuleux is a line to look for in sport horses is because his sire was Wild Risk, one of the truly great sport horse lines. Cahill Road is a full brother of Unbridled.

One small problem with Le Fabuleux is that the Gana Facil line has been known to pass on the Wild Risk pasterns--rather short and upright--which are believed to have come from John O'Gaunt through Blandford.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Do you mind me asking where she is now?

I'm doing my level best to keep up with trainer/track listings and I remember this one because of her name. If she does join your program, would you mind if I popped her onto the blog?

(and since she's a pretty one.... hard to imagine calling her "TP!")
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I actually don't like it very much.
    I'm not a fan of the Slews or Northern Dancers.

I've not known any Slews that I like. They just aren't my kind of horse.
    Might be a bit of that "no" that Timex speaks of. I've not known them to be smart either. But everyone else seems to have a different experience and I mostly hear good things about them.

I ended up with 2 horses with the Norther Dancer lines (thankfully only once) by way of Nijinski.
    I think Vineyridge did say that if you must have a ND line--Nijinski is the one who is somewhat acceptable. lol. I don't remember why though...

every horse is an individual though so it's hard to make gross blanket statements!
    Hopefully she will put my stereotypes to shame!
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

My guy has Cahill Road as a grandsire but on the top side. I love him!

He also has a little bit of "no" to him at times (mostly trailer loading because I have to do it solo) but he also is very generous about jumping-still going over the fences even when he could have easily ducked out if he wanted to. He is also a good mover.

Both my websites have pictures of Indie-bay with big blaze and four whites.

Here is his pedigree

http://www.pedigreequery.com/kool+kat+harry

I wish I knew more about the French and British bloodlines, though!

My stallion has Seattle Slew, Fappiano (and another MP son, Gone West) and ND (but further back) and is very smart, great jumper, lovely movement, extremely rideable and genuine. I had one SS who was claustrophobic due to a start gate accident, every other one I've ridden has been great.

Jennifer

Very nice old line breeding of from both sides. My age 34 TB mare also has Bull Dog , who goes back to Teddy one of the stallions noted in Eventing mag several years ago. They are opinionated, but will give you their best when asked. Also they never get tired.
    "Never do anything that you have to explain twice to the paramedics."
    Courtesy my cousin Tim

Aspidistras dam of Magic was a prolific producer of very capable colts and fillies..

Thank you so much! See, now I can blame this all on you guys-- "But they said she was nice!"

caffeinated-- Sure! Please do! As I understand, she was acquired off the track by a rider local to S.Pines. She has done a few nearby activities, although I believe it was a touch premature in development/training. Through the grapevine connection, I found that she was looking for a home. Being a lover of sensitive mares, and a firm believer in things happening for a reason, I sat on her on Easter-- instant connection.

Lady came on Monday for a month's trial. Two rides on her now at JMP, and so far, she hasn't set a hoof wrong. I've tried testing things, pushing buttons, but she happily goes about her job. She just needs some muscling and flatwork, and we'll see what unfolds.

This may sound corny, but I am nearly floored every time I see her face and eyes. She is perhaps one of the most beautiful mares I've seen, almost as lovely as Miss Zizi. (Even JMP, when he first saw Lady, instantly uttered, "Wow... I like the looks of her a LOT.")

The other interesting element is the rapport and connection she has with the other horses, particularly Zizi. Z is immensely picky about who she allows into her circle of acceptance, and appears to have no need for other four-footers (esp. mares). In other words, Z accepting someone/something has as much meaning to me as my "guard dogs" accepting a new person. Z and Lady bonded after only a few minutes stalled beside each other, and are actually nickering to each other now. Hmm.

One other thing-- and please do not judge me here. For anyone who believes in energy reading/aura/what have you... Lady has light/medium pink and pale yellow. Just saying.

Yay! Nice to hear she is so good! I will be sure to let her track trainer know when I am next there (he is a really good guy and has been repeatedly amazed and tickled by some of the people who have bought his horses and where they end up).

So people can see THE EYES, here is one of her track pictures:

OMG THE FACE!

Really excited to see how this mare does because she is really, really nice quality (admittedly, I know nothing, but IMO she oozes it!)
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

1 members found this post helpful.