The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default April 1

Did anyone get pranked today?

I kind of miss the innocent fun of April Fools. Couldn't come up with anything today, though.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Took the batteries out of the tv remote. DH couldn't understand why the damn thing wouldn't turn on! He finally thought to check them.......hee hee.
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

2 members found this post helpful.

I made a fake book cover and sent it to my editor with "suggested art for next book" in the subject line.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
    Horsey romances written by a horsey person
    www.JesseHayworth.com

Its not nowhere, but you can see it from here

DD wanted to prank DH, so I told her to call him and tell him my water just broke. (I'm 31 weeks) She did, but immediately yelled April Fool. He was not amused. It really freaked him out in that split second. I felt really bad.
    In years past, we have short sheeted the bed and put shaving cream on an ice cream sundae
    From AliCat518 "Seriously, why would you NOT put fried chicken in your purse?!"

1 members found this post helpful.

I think I'd like to read that book, looks sheepish
    "Your best can be worn at any length"- Jason Mraz

One of my other forums created a hack where the users could choose to ban other users without staff intervention. The reality was that when you tried to ban someone else, you actually banned your own account for a short period (10 minutes-2 hours).

I miss teaching--my friends and I (collectively known as the Axis of Mayhem) always did elaborate pranks. A couple years ago we took all the other teachers' rolly chairs (it's great to have a friend with a master key) and hid them in the nurse's office (we didn't have a nurse). Two years ago we took one item from everyone's room and put it in someone else's room so everyone had to spend the whole day figuring out who this plastic skull belonged to and where their stuffed Emily Dickinson was. We Saran-wrapped a math teacher's car; the next year, we Saran-wrapped everything on his desk individually and hid all the scissors in his room and in all the classrooms nearby.

My students never even tried to prank me, because they knew they were contending with a whole April Fool's Gang...
    "Remain relentlessly cheerful."

Graphite/Pastel Portraits

4 members found this post helpful.

The Cave of Caerbannog in summer, Castle Aaaargh in winter

My favorite was when we wrapped a rubber band around the sprayer on the kitchen sink. When DH turned on the sink faucet the sprayer went nuts and completely doused him with water.

This evening though, he called me on my way home from getting my hair cut. He said he had two pieces of bad news--1)he was stuck in the grocery store parking lot because his car broke down and could I come pick him up? and 2)the dishwasher was broken. Three times I accused him of trying to pull an April Fool's joke. Nope, he was telling the truth

I like logical people---they provide a nice contrast to the real world.

My DD and her boyfriend got me, DH and I were in NYC for our anniversary (yes, we have April Fools anniversary) and when I got on FB yesterday morning, DD had posted a picture of her hand and a gorgeous diamond ring. He had posted "she said yes!" and updated his status to engaged. I was excited for them, but crushed that she hadn't called first to tell me before posting on FB. When we got home yesterday afternoon, I grabbed her hand as soon as we got in the door...and found out I had been pranked!

I really wanted to take apart all of the bridles that belong to the middle aged women who ride with us. They, sadly, would have no clue how to put them back together. I figured it would cause a major delay in my trainer's day though!

3 members found this post helpful.

My town pranked me. Check it out: http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=...5&e=c327775d1d
    Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

My horse kind of pranked me last night by pretending he is an unbroke stallion...does that count? I didn't think it was very funny.

I put food coloring on DH's toothbrush (after work). He went to bed with blue teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Quote Originally Posted by Superminion View Post
    I put food coloring on DH's toothbrush (after work). He went to bed with blue teeth.
    LOL