The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tipperary Releases a Certified Vest

Tipperary released their all new XC vest that meets ASTM and SEI certifications. They claim it fits like the old one, but I wonder what the price tag will be?

They are debuting them at Rolex with multiple riders and will have a select few for sale. But from what their press release said it won't be available to the public till June. I also wonder now this vest is certified how it will affect people wearing the air vests? Especially since there has been so much going on with them lately? I also wonder if the riders that will be wearing them at Rolex will be wearing both the new Tipperray's and air vests?

Why would it affect people wearing air vests?
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Why would it affect people wearing air vests?
    I don't know. It was just my train of thought. I was just wondering if people think it will or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sloeryder View Post
    I don't know. It was just my train of thought. I was just wondering if people think it will or not?
    Considering that lots of riders are already wearing an air vest over a certified body protector, I would doubt that will change.

I don't know anything about the vest, but if they're claiming it is similar to their current model, I wonder if it will look like this:

http://www.treehouseonline.co.uk/product/5

Quote Originally Posted by c'est moi View Post
    I don't know anything about the vest, but if they're claiming it is similar to their current model, I wonder if it will look like this:

http://www.treehouseonline.co.uk/product/5
    There are pictures of the new vest if you follow the OP's link, so no need to speculate!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I went to the link but didn't see anything about Tipperary.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Where is the link?

I'll have one on at Rolex, I'm told it will arrive this week and will give you guys updates on it as soon as it arrives!

I don't know what happened to the link, but here it is (or google Tipperary equestrian Facebook)

https://facebook.com/TipperaryEquest...155241701&_rdr

Tipperary recently commented on their FB page that it will retail for $349, for anyone wondering.

1 members found this post helpful.

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

The price point SUCKS! (that may or may not be the part of me that is really sick and just wants to go back to bed talking)
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

I saw this vest in person at a recent trade show. The old vest couldn't be certified with the open laces on the side and the space between the cells. The new one has the vest material behind the laces which close a bit differently now (WAY easier), and the panels on the vest body slightly overlap if I remember correctly. It wasn't in my size to try one but someone else did and it looked great on. You actually can't tell at first glance it's all that different.

I seriously want one. I like that it comes in colors! (Black is so hot!) The price doesn't seem so awful to me. Not the worst.
    I have a Fjord! Life With Oden

Why so much more expensive....seriously! I need a new vest....I don't want to shell out $400

I am hoping their older models that aren't certified will go on sale so I can buy a new one of those!
    Be a part of the solution~ Adopt a thoroughbred!
    MidAtlanticHorseRescue.org

Quote Originally Posted by BeverlyAStrauss View Post
    I am hoping their older models that aren't certified will go on sale so I can buy a new one of those!
    It doesn't look like the old ones are being replaced by the new ones, so no closeout deals

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

There is a link on ebay (I'll try to find it if you want, but there was a thread about them) that aren't the Tipperary brand, but OEM... and like $65.

Not the worst?? Really?? Because I'm thinking they are THE most expensive vests on the market (excluding the inflatables, which you can't wear without a regular vest anyway). I think they already were the most expensive at $260+, but $400??? Wow... You can't tell me the changes they made make it THAT much more. I feel llike as a group we're being gouged.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

I agree....because the air vests are selling at $600 and $800...they probably feel they can ask a bit more for theirs.

No thanks.