The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Well, now that Christine has entered the millionaires' club of 'horse rescue' (yes, that's right, she took in well over $1 million last year!!!! As a horse rescue. Can you believe that?)
    So, now her puppets post on their FB page and attack respectable breeders and owners of Morgans. We've seen this nefarious behavior before.
    And Analise, no I have not posted on GG's FB page. I was directed there by an investigator for the state Attorney General's office. Seems they have received complaints and are going to be involved in a very, very big case in the near future!

Are you from Maryland? I had no idea you were involved with the Maryland State Attorney General's office. Small world.
    The Trials and Jubilations of a Twenty-Something Re-rider
    Happy owner of Kieran the mostly-white-very-large-not-pony.

Funny how you always like to summarize things as if a poster said what you think they said.
    Now it seems that Christine has alienated another entire breed of horses and wants to ban more posters from her FB. One day she will wonder why she has no support left! Imagine having over $1 million/year and having to beg for donations because they took in a white draft! Makes one wonder why?

I was directed there by an investigator for the state Attorney General's office.
    You said that you are in contact by an investigator for the state Attorney General's office. I admit, I assumed it must be for Maryland since that is where Gentle Giants is located and what we're talking about and I can't imagine why the AG of some other state would be talking about this (though I can't imagine why the Maryland AG office would be interested in what people are talking about on the GG facebook page either).

Anyway, I also assumed if you are in contact with an investigator for the Maryland State Attorney General's office, then you must live in Maryland or otherwise be connected to their office for them to be talking to you about this. Unless it's just some buddy discussing it with you because they ran across it online somewhere?

And I didn't realize there were entire breeds alienated. That's pretty impressive, actually. Where did you see that happen? I'm fairly certain there are people involved with the breeds that you are referencing that still support and/or have no problem and/or do not feel alienated by Gentle Giants, but you know...I haven't talked to them all.

For those wondering this is the white draft 7arabians is referring to.

Anyway, this post isn't about him, but if you want, I can always start a thread about that draft too for you to do more bashing of the rescue. Or maybe you just want to start your own? This one is for updates on the Morgans that were seized from Rebecca Roberts in January and who was found guilty in court on all charges. And, for the record a third foal of the five pregnant mares GG is caring for was born today. (one foal was stillborn, three have been foaled with no problems, one mare is still pregnant)

5 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by 7arabians View Post
    Imagine having over $1 million/year and having to beg for donations because they took in a white draft! Makes one wonder why?
    Oh, Becky! We all know why they need that money! Come on, your tin foil hat is slipping! She is going to buy the property next door to you and play loud music 24 hours a day. And when you haul your buuuuuuttttt up off the couch long enough to shake your fist at her, she is going to have a long chorus line-type thing going on with a whole bunch of people from the rescue world and they are all going to MOON YOU when Wayne Pacelle tells them to.

And you know what else? They are all going to get paid huuuge amounts of money to do this. I have heard, through ultra-secret rescue messages (coded, right here on COTH...you just need to donate $25,000 to Day's End to get the decoder ring) that HSUS is flying everyone out to your Oregon neighborhood on a private plane provided by the United Nations and piloted by President Obama (because you were all correct, he really is a Ninja Secret Agent with a pilot's license).
    Sheilah

11 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoRider View Post
    Oh, Becky! We all know why they need that money! Come on, your tin foil hat is slipping! She is going to buy the property next door to you and play loud music 24 hours a day. And when you haul your buuuuuuttttt up off the couch long enough to shake your fist at her, she is going to have a long chorus line-type thing going on with a whole bunch of people from the rescue world and they are all going to MOON YOU when Wayne Pacelle tells them to.

And you know what else? They are all going to get paid huuuge amounts of money to do this. I have heard, through ultra-secret rescue messages (coded, right here on COTH...you just need to donate $25,000 to Day's End to get the decoder ring) that HSUS is flying everyone out to your Oregon neighborhood on a private plane provided by the United Nations and piloted by President Obama (because you were all correct, he really is a Ninja Secret Agent with a pilot's license).
    Sheilah
    Oh crap, she lives in Oregon?
    "All top hat and no canter". *Graureiter*

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Oh crap, she lives in Oregon?
    PM me, sweetie!
    Sheilah

Wow, and all night long those attacks continue? The Morgan horse owners continue to be pillaried by the ravenous puppets of the big $million dollar rescue! Despicable conduct encouraged by Kathleen's heir apparent!

Wow, and all night long those attacks continue? The Morgan horse owners continue to be pillaried by the ravenous puppets of the big $million dollar rescue! Despicable conduct encouraged by Kathleen's heir apparent!
    What are you even talking about?

It is so hard to keep track of which it is... these rescues are making buck and getting rich...

Well, now that Christine has entered the millionaires' club of 'horse rescue' (yes, that's right, she took in well over $1 million last year!!!! As a horse rescue. Can you believe that?)
    So, now her puppets post on their FB page and attack respectable breeders and owners of Morgans. We've seen this nefarious behavior before.
    And Analise, no I have not posted on GG's FB page. I was directed there by an investigator for the state Attorney General's office. Seems they have received complaints and are going to be involved in a very, very big case in the near future!
    ... or horses in this condition are costly to care for long term because no one wants them and that takes a whole lotta' money ...

I think they did the best they could. Who could afford to keep supporting this many horses, most of which could not be used even if someone came forward to adopt/purchase them. Clearly, they tried, but for all the claims of folks who think it is just a matter of getting them into homes, the 'homes' clearly are not there!

2 members found this post helpful.

I guess I'd better up my donations. I want one of those secret decoder rings!
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." ~Immanuel Kant

6 members found this post helpful.

Becky/7arabians, I think you need to share with people the personal axe you have to grind regarding animal control. I don't live too far from you (as the gossip flies) and I am very, very involved with German Shepherd Dog rescue. So think very carefully before you answer.

And I have a question about how you sell your animals. The portion of your website that is dedicated to your cat breeding business never mentions the words "purchase" or "sell". You do, however, use the word "adopt" over and over again. So are you a cat rescue that adopts out kittens and adult cats? Or are you one of those breeders that only uses the word "adopt" because animals are family members, not property to be bought and sold? What do you call the kittens? Furrikins?

The language you use to sell your animals has more in common with RARA's than ANYTHING used here by the those you call the RARA sisterhood. Why is that? Geesh, you even bring your horse into your house! Because he is so much like a person, right?
    Sheilah

7 members found this post helpful.

Becky/7arabians, I think you need to share with people the personal axe you have to grind regarding animal control. I don't live too far from you (as the gossip flies) and I am very, very involved with German Shepherd Dog rescue. So think very carefully before you answer.

And I have a question about how you sell your animals. The portion of your website that is dedicated to your cat breeding business never mentions the words "purchase" or "sell". You do, however, use the word "adopt" over and over again. So are you a cat rescue that adopts out kittens and adult cats? Or are you one of those breeders that only uses the word "adopt" because animals are family members, not property to be bought and sold? What do you call the kittens? Furrikins?

The language you use to sell your animals has more in common with RARA's than ANYTHING used here by the those you call the RARA sisterhood. Why is that? Geesh, you even bring your horse into your house! Because he is so much like a person, right?
    Sheilah
    Oh my, I think you scared her off.
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

Quote Originally Posted by up-at-5 View Post
    Oh my, I think you scared her off.
    Yes, well. I hate hypocrites. And yapping on COTH about property rights while trolling social media and begging people to give you money to rescue a horse from a low end auction (kind of sounds like an "OH MY GOD! THE TRUCK IS COMING IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME MONEY TO RESCUE HIM NOW").

I wonder if Becky will ever explain how she can pontificate on RARAs and sneaky rescues and property rights when hiding behind an anonymous username, and yet totally disappear when just the tip of her real life ice berg is exposed?

Full of bravado and opinions when nobody knows who SHE is, or what SHE has been up to, but not so opinionated or brave when we start asking her questions.
    Sheilah

5 members found this post helpful.

Yes, well. I hate hypocrites. And yapping on COTH about property rights while trolling social media and begging people to give you money to rescue a horse from a low end auction (kind of sounds like an "OH MY GOD! THE TRUCK IS COMING IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME MONEY TO RESCUE HIM NOW").

I wonder if Becky will ever explain how she can pontificate on RARAs and sneaky rescues and property rights when hiding behind an anonymous username, and yet totally disappear when just the tip of her real life ice berg is exposed?

Full of bravado and opinions when nobody knows who SHE is, or what SHE has been up to, but not so opinionated or brave when we start asking her questions.
    Sheilah
    Awww, but she has such an off the charts CUTE website! Horses in the house, "two-foots" and "fur-foots" abound, what's not to love?
    "My doctrine is this, that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt.”
    ― Anna Sewell

1 members found this post helpful.

'help me save him from the cruel fate of slaughter'
    Oh that was precious to read. Seriously.

I agree up-at-5... IdahoRider done scared her off.

3 members found this post helpful.

Over $1 million/year folks! That's right, not a misprint! But now that we're rolling in the dough, let's stomp on some proud Morgan owners and try to destroy the breed. Oh yeah, did I mention they make over $1 million/year, but you have to donate all your money to them because they just 'rescued' another dirty white, 30 yr old drafty! Oh yeah, let's all reach in our pockets and send them some bucks.

Why is 'rescued' in quotes, 7arabians? Do you think the horse wasn't in condition for needing rescue? Do you think they should have told Large Animal Protection Society they wouldn't help them out by taking him in and rehabbing him?

And I don't see how mentioning on like, one facebook post where they posted a picture of the new horse that mentioning they could use donations for his specific rehab is telling anyone they have to donate all their money.

If you can point to one single rescue that doesn't mention donations when they bring in a horse that is probably going to need significant amounts of rehab, no matter how much income they state on their tax forms, I'll be quite surprised.

EDIT: And the only Morgan owner they commented on was Rebecca Roberts. You know, the woman who had all of her horses seized with five carcasses on the property and who was found guilty in a court of law on around thirty counts of neglect? Are you saying they should have praised her for her wonderful care of her horses? That [i]would[i] be crazy.

1 members found this post helpful.

Analise, how are the rescued Morgans progressing overall? Are they getting better about being handled, and more accustomed to daily care? Just ignore 7arabians, her posts are so repetitive they're likely just cut-and-paste posts from other threads, and it certainly doesn't seem that anyone here takes them seriously.

I am saddened to see that the Morgan community has not stepped forward, to my knowledge, to help out with these horses. But perhaps I'm wrong, have any Morgan groups offered to help with the care and/or placement of these horses?

As far as I know they are improving. Of the five pregnant mares Gentle Giants took in, three have had healthy foals, one delivered stillborn, and the last is still pregnant. But in general I think all are getting more used to being handled.

I haven't actually been out there, so I'm mostly just following based on their posts on their facebook page, but there's a lot of pictures there on their wall.