The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The ulitmate CL ad...this is a good one.

GR24's Musing #19 - Save the tatas!!

1 members found this post helpful.

So, did they steal ALL the pics or is there possibly a grain of truth in there?
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

2 members found this post helpful.

Isn't one of those horses, Hidalgo?

Hidalgo, looks like him. I was trying to think of who he might be.

If you look up the images, they go back to someone's photobucket account. Prolly taken off the internet.
    Last edited by goneriding24; Apr. 1, 2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: .

Hidalgo was played by multiple horses, so maybe.
    Incredible Invisible

Well then $600 for Hidalgo, or even a stand in, is quite the deal!

And looky, he really is a mustang! QH mustang grade paint cross. Born in HI. Or his barn name is Kat, we know that because it's written on the pic. What are they up to?
    Incredible Invisible

Purebred Mustang... Hehe

"Pat the horse; kick yourself" - Carl Hester

I love that they are all 18h....except that short one, at 16.7h....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

3 members found this post helpful.

Hmmm, is it odd that he sleeps on the floor, or odd that he's never had any medical problems?

"...he loves to sleep on the floor for some odd reason never had any medical problems"
    Born under a rock and owned by beasts!

I like how they point out the first horse has never needed shoes, yet he's wearing shoes...

5 members found this post helpful.

Some of them are stock photos for websites...the Friesian is Miramar...the last paint is a filly from Colorado.

Here's my fun tip! Open a tab on your browser and go to images.google.com. Have the ad (or any page with photos) open in another tab on your browser. Now, go to the tab with the photo in question. Click on the photo and hold the mouse button (don't let it unclick -it'll be a "ghost" image with a plus sign on it) and drag the image up to the tab for google images. The browser will switch to that tab with the ghost version of the image still following your mouse. If you move the ghost image to the entry field on the google images tab, the box will get wider and say "drop image here"...and voila! Google will do an image search for the same image or similar images! Great way to find out if people are full of crap or if you want to know the name of someone or something!

Hope that wasn't too confusing :P
    My OTTB and Finger Lakes Finest, Sunny Boy 'n Ben E and the old man, Salvator.

Check out Second Chance Thoroughbreds and like us on Facebook!

8 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelico View Post
    Purebred Mustang... Hehe
    an 18 hand purebred mustang, no less!
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

I giggled. Isn't that 'Kat' horse the reining stallion Gunner (something)... he's deaf I think, and a lot of his offspring are too? I could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistyBlue View Post
    I prefer them outside playing as opposed to standing in the barn aisle playing "I can crap more than you"
    New Year, New Blog... follow Willow and I here.

Thanks! Never knew I could do this with pictures. Your explanation was easy to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon.Ryan18 View Post
    Some of them are stock photos for websites...the Friesian is Miramar...the last paint is a filly from Colorado.

Here's my fun tip! Open a tab on your browser and go to images.google.com. Have the ad (or any page with photos) open in another tab on your browser. Now, go to the tab with the photo in question. Click on the photo and hold the mouse button (don't let it unclick -it'll be a "ghost" image with a plus sign on it) and drag the image up to the tab for google images. The browser will switch to that tab with the ghost version of the image still following your mouse. If you move the ghost image to the entry field on the google images tab, the box will get wider and say "drop image here"...and voila! Google will do an image search for the same image or similar images! Great way to find out if people are full of crap or if you want to know the name of someone or something!

Hope that wasn't too confusing :P

I thought it pretty funny, because 'I'm in the know about horses and prices', but, then I thought of the greenbean buyer who is looking at CL for a horse and thinks, yeah, this is the ticket! I hope no one gets hurt in this...everything else aside.

First horse we have is a purebred grey Percheron registered name is The white Fire "white" is trained in English and western pleasure and used to pull carts for the first 3 years of his life he is 13 and 19.1 hands stopped growing a few years ago super sweet just loves children never needed horse shoes has been showed very flashy i'm asking 600 for all my horses o.b.o second horses we have come together only (red) Ace (blue) Crate registered names are "The ace of knights" and "Boom Crates" they are twin percherons both extremely flashy crate has a little bit of an attitude but never was mean to children and ace has knee joint problems and cant trot very well but they have pulled carts together and are both only English pleasure and professionally trained both 18.3 hands and both 8.5 years old. Next horse is "Raining paint" we call him paint. He can spin on a dime as been used as a barrel racer when he was younger he is 5 years old and 17.5 hands hes super sweet and flashy has been shown. He HATES English saddle and loves trail riding and all of my horses can bathe clip trailer ride and tie.Next horse is "The Kings Chrome" we call him chrome he is a purebred mustang he is super sweet he loves children most of all he is a great cow pony just drop the rope and he stands there for you he English and western pleasure rides he loves trail riding he hasn't been shown in a while so might need a little bit of a reminder to stand still he gets excited a lot just because he loves people hes just a sweet heart he kisses people too never bit only kisses. Next horse is Kattlers Wrangler and we call him Kat he is a quarter horse mustang mixed breed paint he is green broke only knows a few ground rules never has a little bit of a temper doesn't bite only bucks when ridden but loves running and playing chased and a great pasture buddy he is 16.7 hands and 2 years old. Last horse is "The Kings Best Knight" we call him Knight he is a great cow pony used to ride against the waves in Hawaii actually that's where he was born he is a purebred mustang he will swim with someone riding him hes great bareback and English and western style riding has been showed plenty of times and loves trail riding and enjoys running in fields he is 18 hands tall and 5 years old and he enjoys carrots he loves to sleep on the floor for some odd reason never had any medical problems. Email me for more information or if you are interested. *******

FOR POSTERITY. If someone knows how to do a screen capture type thing for the whole ad, pics and all, please do so. It might disappear!

A total CL "April's Fools Day" ad
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I just sent them an email

" I am interested in all of your horses. Please give me final price and shipping to FL. Thank you and god bless"

PS I screen shot it but can't post it. Anyone want to PM me so I can give it to you to post?
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

6 members found this post helpful.

What, no GVs?
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/