The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Best eye-liner (those of you who know the joys of coloring on your own face)?

'nuff said to ask the question.

My old one is down to a nub.

Drug store brand is fine, so is high-end eyeliner.

Soft enough to put on without stretching my skin every day. Stays where you put it. That kind of eyeliner.

Thanks.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat

I prefer the mechanical eye pencil type as opposed to the actually-sharpen-with-a-pencil-sharpener. This one is my fave: http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/...ner/index.tmpl

1 members found this post helpful.

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Rimmel's kohl liner. When you put it somewhere, it stays there. Needs a refresher after 8 hours, but show me a pencil liner that doesn't.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

I just bought this one from cover girl and like it. I had this one from CG and liked it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Renn/aissance View Post
    Rimmel's kohl liner. When you put it somewhere, it stays there. Needs a refresher after 8 hours, but show me a pencil liner that doesn't.
    Second this. I LOVE my Rimmel kohl.

I've also actually been pretty happy with all of my E.L.F. products too. Their eyeliner does need to be sharpened but it's nice and soft and doesn't stretch the skin. Plus, it's vegan and cruelty-free, and just $1.
    Well isn't this dandy?

Quote Originally Posted by threedogpack View Post
    I just bought this one from cover girl and like it. I had this one from CG and liked it too.
    I was personally not a fan of the second one (Perfect Point). Although it's called Perfect Point, it never had a sharp point! And I like being able to do a super thin line. I'm currently playing with some Ulta brand pencils but frankly I'm not in love with them either, they smudge onto my eye crease occasionally.
    "Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out." ~John Wooden

Phoenix Animal Rescue

I am obsessed with MAC's PowerPoint eyeliner. It is super soft, goes on smoothly and "waterproof" but still smudgeable...I hardly ever need to touch it up. Lasts a pretty long time for about $15.

And if you REALLY want to get to coloring on your own face , they come in about a billion different colors. LOVE their dark purple.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/product/...cil/index.tmpl

Sephora long wear in the mechanical.

Mac Penultimate Eyeliner. It's a super easy to apply liquid that looks like a pen. It's fantastic!
    "Are you yawning? You don't ride well enough to yawn. I can yawn, because I ride better than you. Meredith Michael Beerbaum can yawn. But you? Not so much..."
    -George Morris

Wet & Wild (drugstore brand). It's a nice long pencil that lasts me over a year. Goes on smoothly, smudges easily with a fingertip if you want to do that, and stays put. And they are 99 cents.

Always liked Lancome, as well.
    Last edited by Mara; Apr. 1, 2013 at 09:53 AM.

You may want to look at the MAC shadows that can be used with a wet fine tip brush. They stay on very well through sweat and long days. Tested in water jumps and foxhunting in foul weather.
    I use a wet Q-tip to correct the line. If I wait too long, I need to add a bit of soap to the Q-tip. To totally remove, soap and water.
    Intermediate Riding Skills

I have a gel one that I love and it never goes anyway, but I seem to have suddenly become allergic to it, which makes very sad. =( I think it was Cover Girl gel that comes in a pot with a brush. I tried it on the reccomendation of a friend who is usually a Lancome girl, but she loved this CG one.
    Rhode Islands are red;
    North Hollands are blue.
    Sorry my thoroughbreds
    Stomped on your roo. Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' :

One of those cheap companies...either wet and wild or NYC started making a liquid liner that is like a marker. I LOVE it. So easy to put on.
    I WAS a proud member of the *I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday* clique..but now I am 30!!!!!!!!!!!
    My new blog about my Finger Lakes Finest:
    She Ain't No Small Potato!

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Quote Originally Posted by kateh View Post
    I'm currently playing with some Ulta brand pencils but frankly I'm not in love with them either, they smudge onto my eye crease occasionally.
    Yeah, I had the same problem with Ulta pencils.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

I really like Urban Decay's eyeliner - goes on easily, stays on. The first is a real plus now that I can no longer see my eyes if I'm close enough to the mirror to see where the liner should go. [insert old rolly eye icon]
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

I only use Urban Decay. Very soft, and its still there 16 hours later.

Quote Originally Posted by DMK View Post
    I really like Urban Decay's eyeliner - goes on easily, stays on. The first is a real plus now that I can no longer see my eyes if I'm close enough to the mirror to see where the liner should go. [insert old rolly eye icon]
    UD pencil eyeliner does. not. move. Well worth the price.

Also love MAC's blacktrack eyeliner - that I'm still getting a hang of as I find it more tricky to do the applying with a brush but damn when I get it right d I love the results and it will not budge. For the price it will last FOREVER.
    *The Quietman ~ Irish Approved Gr.1 Stallion
    www.windyislesfarms.com
    Like Us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by GoForAGallop View Post

I've also actually been pretty happy with all of my E.L.F. products too. Their eyeliner does need to be sharpened but it's nice and soft and doesn't stretch the skin. Plus, it's vegan and cruelty-free, and just $1.
    Thanks for sharing this. I didn't realize ELF was vegan and cruelty-free. You sure can't beat $1. I've been surprisingly happy with their pressed compact and I have super sensitive skin prone to clogged pores and general rebellion.

I use Lancome pencil plus Styla eyelid primer. Took me forever to realize the reason that eyeshadow never stayed on was because I didn't use primer!! Seems to help the pencil too. I really like the Lancome. It's a soft black that doesn't look too harsh. It's my first pricey eyeliner. I did use a gel pot for a while, but the pencil goes on a lot faster and stays longer IMHO.

If you guys really get tired of putting on eyeliner, you should consider permanent makeup! It dosen't hurt, no smudges and you can roll right out of bed and not have to worry about taking the time to put on eyeliner. Look for someone who has multiple certificates of instruction and can show you many examples of their work.