The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

They are purchasing a lot of guns, too. My DH is very good friends with a local (small) gun dealer, he just delivered $60,000+ of pistols to a local sub base. That's a lot of pistols...

One caliber that is readily available around here what used to be the workhorse of deer hunters -- 30.06. Semi-auto .380 is also usually available.

Our local Wal-Mart was unable to sell guns last Thursday because of what they said were computer problems, and the sales clerck said she didn't know when the problem would be resolved
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by TheHunterKid90 View Post
    AffirmedHope DIDN'T say she thought they were planning mass execution. She said contrary to what conspiracists think....read for comprehension.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post
    One caliber that is readily available around here what used to be the workhorse of deer hunters -- 30.06. Semi-auto .380 is also usually available.

Our local Wal-Mart was unable to sell guns last Thursday because of what they said were computer problems, and the sales clerck said she didn't know when the problem would be resolved

30-06 also easily found on our area. I do own a 30-06 as well so happy it is easily obtained. However it went from $19 for 20 rounds to $26 for 20 rounds.

When I was shooting league, I was, for the competition, shooting 50 rounds each of .45 and .22. We can load the 45 but could not find .22 anywhere. Ifigured it was because new shooters where getting into it and buying .22,but now I guess it's more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo Azure View Post
    Think about people in 1,429,995 active duty now, then divide that number by 1.6 (1,600,000,000) billion. that is about 1000 round per person in the military, to be used over a period of YEARS. That number doesn't seem so big to me. Now think about how you guys go through amno practicing... think they don't?
    Pssst...it's illegal for the military to use hollow point ammo in war...the Geneva Convention does not allow hollow point ammo, strictly ball small arms.

The ammo is for Homeland Security and not the military, you don't use hollow point for practice, you use ball since it's so much cheaper.

The military and the various police forces are being adversely effected. The cops can't find practice ammo. Plus, the military, while not able to use hollowpoints, is being impacted due to the ammo producers production being geared to these civilian oriented rounds.

What is the worst part of all this, "Big Sis" has told the congress, and thereby citizens, to go to hell. She won't answer official Congressional inquiries...she should be in jail with that attitude, she doesn't get to decide she's above the people and the law (of course, she's following in the footsteps of her fellow traveler Eric. Holder)
    "Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc"

2 members found this post helpful.

Just got back from WallyWorld, computer is up and running, several boxes of .38 Special, .357 Mag, and non-match grade .22 LR on shelves.

Incidentally, beware of Snopes. They're not without their agendas.
    “There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.”
    John Adams

1 members found this post helpful.

You're lucky....things pretty empty at our local WallyWorlds. Until recently, you
    could at least find .410 shells....now those are becoming a rare bird. Have just discovered shooting clays and only have enough target ammo for one more trip.

Quote Originally Posted by BasqueMom View Post
    You're lucky....things pretty empty at our local WallyWorlds. Until recently, you
    could at least find .410 shells....now those are becoming a rare bird. Have just discovered shooting clays and only have enough target ammo for one more trip.
    Da Judge is partly to blame for that.

Another problem is that people are finding out how much fun the .410 shotgun is to shoot. But according to one of our club's avid trap & skeet enthusiasts, the production lines have to be set up special to make the shells, so they're more expensive than the popular calibers.
    John Adams

1 members found this post helpful.

Thankfully I have A family Member that owns a gun store.
    "You are under arrest for operating your mouth under the influence of
    ignorance!" Officer Beck

Eventually, things will settle. Ammo will be available. People will sell their stock piles. The price will be high though. My copper, powder, lead & brass has bested my stock / bond investments by doubling in value

Frank, haven't met the Judge but rented a Governor (S&W's version) at a range
    recently. Cool! When the shortages started, .410 was still available, both regular and the special "defender" line for Judge type weapons. Now both are
    scarce. Did turn up one box of target .410 at Cabelas last night. They had tons of the defender stuff.

We looked at a .410 over and under and also a 28 gauge over and under and added them to the wish list. It's tax time though so things are always just wished for and the $$$ go the government. Actually, the Expedition is first on the list as it now sounds like our Dodge diesel truck and repair is big $$$. This 2005 model is definitely not the trooper that our 1997 model was.

My local Walmart has empty shelves where the ammo used to be. There are like three boxes of some clearly not very popular size (do not remember what it was).
    Gander mountain will let you buy a couple of boxes of ammo if you buy a gun, other than that you are pretty much out of luck.

We did order some ammo online but it was very pricy and most things ended up being back ordered.

But then I live in land of extreme gun control known as NY.

This is why they're "stockpiling":

http://westmoreland.house.gov/index....642&Itemid=372

So in other words, business as usual. People are just scared about it this time around because a few crazies planted the seeds of "they're getting ready to execute us all!" and the internet spread it, as it does.

Oh, my bad. That's my fault. I'll return some ammo right away......

Is chasing cattle considered playing with your food?.

War veteran

Actually, the only kind I will probably be looking for in the near future are blanks. I want to try mounted shooting!
    Is chasing cattle considered playing with your food?.

War veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Frank B View Post

Incidentally, beware of Snopes. They're not without their agendas.
    Yeah, truth is dangerous. Some people can't handle it.

6 members found this post helpful.